General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I can only really see us bringing in a ST and a LB (Benteke and Bennett?) this window.

I would like us, at some point, to bring in an experienced Premier League central midfielder to play next to KEA.

I've had a look through the central midfielders in the league that would add experience, be within our price range and would have the slightest-possibility of leaving their respectives clubs in the next window or two and here's the list I've come up with:

Nolan

Diaby

Carrick

Mulumbu

Anderson

Palacios

Adam

Huddlestone

Some are far-fetched, I know.

Some are also pretty poor (Palacios/ Nolan)!

Nolan and Palacios are IMO not good enough/young enough for the price we would have to pay. Adam just isn't good enough.

Huddlestone has that ankle problem that rules him out and there is no way Wenger is selling Diaby with their shortage of midfielders.

I don't think Ferguson is looking to sell Carrick but maybe we would have a chance with Anderson.

Mulumbu is a good shout but I doubt we could afford him.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the Cresswell deal had some issues. Ho hum

Always thought Bennett was first choice and Cresswell was plan B , weren't we linked with Bennett first?

I think Bennett has always been first choice. Middlesbrough signed his replacement (George Friend) weeks ago but Bennett's injury has held the transfer up.

Just seen on ssn "sky sources" linking us with about 3 or 4 strikers. If these sources are correct you'd have to be confident of getting one in.

which ones?

Obviously beneteke and I saw gouffran linked aswell. There was one more but I can't remember who it was.

Re Joe Bennett - he tweeted earlier 'been a stressful day'

Wonder if that's a reference to making a decision of leaving his home team for us?

Poor guy i can see why the stress is getting to him it cant be an easy decision

commando-bennett.jpg

Needs to `Let off some steam` :D

Must be 'dead tired'.

Arshavin would be great but dont see him coming to us.

Milner back yes, Downing no.

Macheda anyone?

Big no to Macheda. I follow Sampdoria where he was on loan and he did absolutely nothing to show he's got what it takes to play at the highest level.

A left back is needed so that's good news. Hopefully he's good enough for the Premiership. Left back and winger is the most important thing for me. If not a winger then Charlie Adam would be good as we are in dire need of somebody who can take a set piece but I doubt we could stretch to the cost or the wages if whats being floated around for his wages is true then we certainly won't.