General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

how many more posts are we going to get of people stating how many players we need and what positions, the exact same comment over and over and over it's **** tedious!

Can we not have a 'Players we think we should sign thread' and then just make sure the same post gets reposted every ten minutes.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard was critical to Lerner three years ago and asked him to spend or sell. We all laughed at him, and has only turned against Lerner the last season. Well, now Richard is happy, as he obviously either know Lambert or knows someone who knows Lambert well, and he is saying there are a lot of cash to be spent.

I don't think Richard is lying but false information gets passed on.

I think it's a lot to pin all your expectations on the fact Richard is excited.

We will sign some players next week but it's a massive ask to get the amount and quality we need.

Bit fed up of the above negative stuff . are we getting behind the villa or not ?

The fans are well behind the team when they are on the pitch, they were today from the start, you could tell the fans wanted to help the lads on, but it is a two way thing. The fans tried, but got nothing back from the players. There are a lot of negatives to discuss right now after the first two matches, no point papering over the cracks. There hasn't exactly been any big signals to the fans that we are going to improve the squad considerably next week, something that is needed to help avoid what could be a disaster this season. Right now, the squad is just, well, shite basically.

Correct. Everyone today was trying to get behind the team, its just after 3-0 down and no shots on goal it got a little hard cheering for winning a throw in or booing Everton players when they went down.

We were outclassed by a stronger side. We played a bunch of kids all at once who would normally be in our reserve side or bedded in one at a time and we got the result you would expect.

We have a week or so to sign several players. Otherwise, well its not going to be a fun season, AGAIN.

Richard was critical to Lerner three years ago and asked him to spend or sell. We all laughed at him, and has only turned against Lerner the last season. Well, now Richard is happy, as he obviously either know Lambert or knows someone who knows Lambert well, and he is saying there are a lot of cash to be spent.

We will sign some players next week but it's a massive ask to get the amount and quality we need.

I was about to post much the same. You are confidemt because some bloke on the internet who may not have even met - says that Lambert has money ? - FWIW i think we will get either cresswell or Olson & maybe a loan - squeaky bum season

I was about to post much the same. You are confidemt because some bloke on the internet who may not have even met - says that Lambert has money ? - FWIW i think we will get either cresswell or Olson & maybe a loan - squeaky bum season

No, it is not only that.

It is also looking at things from a logical point of view after discussing the club with non Villa supporters who are not emotionally attached to Villa. I agree with these people in that Lambert would never have taken the Villa job and risked ending up as a failed Premier League manager if he knew he would not get the money needed to build his team. It just doesn't make sence to come to our club if he can not do anything with the team.

It also does not make sense to use 3 mill pounds on the RB position if the budget was limited, knowing that there are three players at the club who can play RB, when the biggest need is in other areas.

It also seems that the worst is over for Aston Villa, regarding the wage situatuon. According to my calculations, our wages has gone from 83 mill to 71 mill in the season 10/11 to 11/12 (when taking players wages into consideration). And there has probably also been some cutbacks in other staff (remember, the accounts shows 295 full time staff in commercial department and 105 full time staff in maintenance and admin - plus we had 1165 part time employees in the 2010/11 accounts).

And from that season to this, we have so far taken wages down further to 66 mill. This means there are room for some more players at our book, and even more if Hutton and Warnock goes.

Add in the projected revenue increase from next season (new tv deal), and we know that all things equal, Aston Villa will get 14 million pounds more.

Thus it is fair to say that there will be investments this summer.

i really hope we are looking at players from outside of Britain, prem players are so over rated and over paid that it seems you just have to be below average to be sold for stupid money and wages, just look at Fletcher and Jarvis!

I accept the whole value for money principle and i am genuinely glad we are not in for half the players others are scrambling after, just hope we do have targets that we don't know about.

i've never known a league where a player can be so bad that they play a healthy role in getting their team relegated and then get rewarded with a huge deal when they get signed from the clubs in the league above just desperate for bodies.

No, it is not only that.

It is also looking at things from a logical point of view after discussing the club with non Villa supporters who are not emotionally attached to Villa. I agree with these people in that Lambert would never have taken the Villa job and risked ending up as a failed Premier League manager if he knew he would not get the money needed to build his team. It just doesn't make sence to come to our club if he can not do anything with the team.

It also does not make sense to use 3 mill pounds on the RB position if the budget was limited, knowing that there are three players at the club who can play RB, when the biggest need is in other areas.

It also seems that the worst is over for Aston Villa, regarding the wage situatuon. According to my calculations, our wages has gone from 83 mill to 71 mill in the season 10/11 to 11/12 (when taking players wages into consideration). And there has probably also been some cutbacks in other staff (remember, the accounts shows 295 full time staff in commercial department and 105 full time staff in maintenance and admin - plus we had 1165 part time employees in the 2010/11 accounts).

And from that season to this, we have so far taken wages down further to 66 mill. This means there are room for some more players at our book, and even more if Hutton and Warnock goes.

Add in the projected revenue increase from next season (new tv deal), and we know that all things equal, Aston Villa will get 14 million pounds more.

You're assuming that Lerner gives a shit or that he want this team to be anything other than one that just survives.

Lambert could have taken the job for more money, more exposure, the challenge or even feeling that with a limited budget he could do more than what he could at Norwich.

i really hope we are looking at players from outside of Britain, prem players are so over rated and over paid that it seems you just have to be below average to be sold for stupid money and wages, just look at Fletcher and Jarvis!

I except the whole value for money principle and i am genuinely glad we are not in for half the players others are scrambling after, just hope we do have targets that we don't know about.

i've never known a league where a player can be so bad that they play a healthy role in getting their team relegated and then get rewarded with a huge deal when they get signed from the clubs in the league above just desperate for bodies.

I actually hope the opposite.

If we replaced every academy player in the first 11 today - with an experienced premiership player - I would feel a lot more confident.

No, it is not only that.

You're assuming that Lerner gives a shit or that he want this team to be anything other than one that just survives.

Lambert could have taken the job for more money, more exposure, the challenge or even feeling that with a limited budget he could do more than what he could at Norwich.

I assume that Lerner gives a shit: He will invest

I assume that Lerner does not gives a shit: He will sell the club

Win win for a supporter, really. That is why I am an optimist.

who was it that said "you wont win anything with kids"

ok, the past 4 managers have proved that point, so lets move on and buy some decent experienced (foreign if need be) players, and stop relying on our average youth set up, as someone has just stated, any more than 2 youths is too much

11 internationals please

I hope DeepDish is right, but I can't say I think he will be. 2 in max , 1 a loan, and the purchase will be sub £10m. We need more like double that.

I believe as far as Lerner is concerned, the money saving isn't done. If the money was there, we'd have spent more and spent differently by now.

We clearly have a poor squad and we clearly need some new players, so If we have a good amount of money to spend why would we leave it till the last 6 days to bring in all these players?

It makes no sense.

I'm hoping the abysmal two games so far forces Lerner to now spend. Surely even an idiot like him can't risk his investment getting relegated again.

Several? You really think we will sign several players in the next 6 days?

Yes.

I think at least:

LB, CM, Striker

I hope:

LB, CB, CM, Striker, Winger

Midfield is a huge worry. El Ahmadi looks decent, but being partnered with Bannan or Delph and Herd just is not good enough.

A new central spine of Vlaar, El Ahmadi and a good midfielder and a striker that fits in with what Lambert wants to do, would immediately make the team a Lambert team.

We are not even close to that yet.

the £10m mark in which you speak of is in need of another striker urgenyly

with gabby injured, weimann still young and defouneso never going to be premiership quality, were in need of a proper striker