General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

it is amazing how easy the clubs around us are finding it to buy players..... are they all risking high wages and unsustainability and gambling heavily or are am i missing something?

People say Moyes is underfunded but look at the quality of some of the players he had at his disposal today? He has sold loads but still has a better squad than we do????

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont we get about £50m a year tv money for being a PL club ?

If we've only spent £8m so far, I'd expect at least £12m more to be available

Any budget short of £20m for a new manager is suicidal

Expect 2 i perm and 1 possibly on loan with view to buy and 2 out, again possible another other out on loan, making it three.

At this stage of the window it's clubs not selling until there is a replacement/ holding out for best price.

Keep the faith UTV I.L.I.T

I would love to see Matt Phillips in a villa top so much. He is a player i think would do really well for us.

This. A proper winger with lots of promise. Not someone who runs the ball out of play, or occasionally beats a player, then rather than getting a cross in waits for the defender to get back and make a block.

This would be realistic and pretty good tbh

IN

Aaron Cresswell 4m + Addons

Matt Philips 4m + Addons

Freddie Zaha 5m + Addons

Emmanuel Frimpong Loan with Buy Clause of 4.5m

OUT

Warnock 1m

Hutton 1m

Sorry but 3 championship players, two of which completely unproven in this league and still not fully developed, does not represent particularly great business IMO. Big risks there.

The fact is we need established 'quality' to come into our first team if we want to guarantee safety this season.

IN

Matt Philips 4m + Addons

Freddie Zaha 5m + Addons

OUT

Warnock 1m

Hutton 1m

Whilst I think those could be good signings, I think the squad is crying out for some experience, a couple of 25 year old + players and a couple of quality younger players. AVFC needs a spine, it doesn't really have much of one right now.

IN

Matt Philips 4m + Addons

Freddie Zaha 5m + Addons

OUT

Warnock 1m

Hutton 1m

Sorry but 3 championship players, two of which completely unproven in this league and still not fully developed, does not represent particularly great business IMO. Big risks there.

The fact is we need established 'quality' to come into our first team if we want to guarantee safety this season.

I think all of those signings would be crap

Paul Lambert / Randy Still Learning, listen to me:

Go and get Michael Dawson to partner Vlaar. AVB doesnt want him, Clark is hopeless and banned we need a CB and the guy is quality. Pay what you have to to get him, otherwise we will keep leaking goals, and thus end up relegated, thus losing millions.

Get warnock back in at LB, Cresswell is not good dont know what Lambert sees in him. Its better to play Warnock than rookies, we might dislike the guy but he's more assured than the youth.

Get a goalscorer in. DB is like a chocolate teapot on his own (no racism). You paid £24m last time you were concerned about relegation when we were cutting back 2 years ago- and that situation was nowhere near as bad as this one.

And get a winger in, someone who can supply, Adam Johnson was the perfect candidate but we were tight again as we just sat back and let another rival club move above us in terms of quality and will be the club we were 3/4 years ago.

All the above will not happen, we're as good as down. Prove me wrong or SELL UP tonmorrow

I would love to see Matt Phillips in a villa top so much. He is a player i think would do really well for us.

This. A proper winger with lots of promise. Not someone who runs the ball out of play, or occasionally beats a player, then rather than getting a cross in waits for the defender to get back and make a block.

If we are going to take any lower league players I would rather have Thomas Ince & Jordan Rhodes. But, we really need some Premier League experience in the team and hopefully we can get a LB, winger, DM & a striker in before the end of the window. I would also put Lichaj in at right back because Lowton looks out of his depth at the.moment.

Paul Lambert / Randy Still Learning, listen to me:

Go and get Michael Dawson to partner Vlaar. AVB doesnt want him, Clark is hopeless and banned we need a CB and the guy is quality. Pay what you have to to get him, otherwise we will keep leaking goals, and thus end up relegated, thus losing millions.

Get warnock back in at LB, Cresswell is not good dont know what Lambert sees in him. Its better to play Warnock than rookies, we might dislike the guy but he's more assured than the youth.

Get a goalscorer in. DB is like a chocolate teapot on his own (no racism). You paid £24m last time you were concerned about relegation when we were cutting back 2 years ago- and that situation was nowhere near as bad as this one.

And get a winger in, someone who can supply, Adam Johnson was the perfect candidate but we were tight again as we just sat back and let another rival club move above us in terms of quality and will be the club we were 3/4 years ago.

All the above will not happen, we're as good as down. Prove me wrong or SELL UP tonmorrow

I started taking you seriously until you mentioned Warnock being recalled! :lol: