General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Paul Lambert / Randy Still Learning, listen to me:

Go and get Michael Dawson to partner Vlaar. AVB doesnt want him, Clark is hopeless and banned we need a CB and the guy is quality. Pay what you have to to get him, otherwise we will keep leaking goals, and thus end up relegated, thus losing millions.

Get warnock back in at LB, Cresswell is not good dont know what Lambert sees in him. Its better to play Warnock than rookies, we might dislike the guy but he's more assured than the youth.

Get a goalscorer in. DB is like a chocolate teapot on his own (no racism). You paid £24m last time you were concerned about relegation when we were cutting back 2 years ago- and that situation was nowhere near as bad as this one.

And get a winger in, someone who can supply, Adam Johnson was the perfect candidate but we were tight again as we just sat back and let another rival club move above us in terms of quality and will be the club we were 3/4 years ago.

All the above will not happen, we're as good as down. Prove me wrong or SELL UP tonmorrow

I started taking you seriously until you mentioned Warnock being recalled! :lol:

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Lambert / Randy Still Learning, listen to me:

Go and get Michael Dawson to partner Vlaar. AVB doesnt want him, Clark is hopeless and banned we need a CB and the guy is quality. Pay what you have to to get him, otherwise we will keep leaking goals, and thus end up relegated, thus losing millions.

Get warnock back in at LB, Cresswell is not good dont know what Lambert sees in him. Its better to play Warnock than rookies, we might dislike the guy but he's more assured than the youth.

Get a goalscorer in. DB is like a chocolate teapot on his own (no racism). You paid £24m last time you were concerned about relegation when we were cutting back 2 years ago- and that situation was nowhere near as bad as this one.

And get a winger in, someone who can supply, Adam Johnson was the perfect candidate but we were tight again as we just sat back and let another rival club move above us in terms of quality and will be the club we were 3/4 years ago.

All the above will not happen, we're as good as down. Prove me wrong or SELL UP tonmorrow

I started taking you seriously until you mentioned Warnock being recalled! :lol:

I would love to see Matt Phillips in a villa top so much. He is a player i think would do really well for us.

This. A proper winger with lots of promise. Not someone who runs the ball out of play, or occasionally beats a player, then rather than getting a cross in waits for the defender to get back and make a block.

If we are going to take any lower league players I would rather have Thomas Ince & Jordan Rhodes. But, we really need some Premier League experience in the team and hopefully we can get a LB, winger, DM & a striker in before the end of the window. I would also put Lichaj in at right back because Lowton looks out of his depth at the.moment.

8.2 million you say? Well ill be damned. Really hope lerner reconsiders his strategy. I originally think lerner thought we'd bring in around 15million in player sales, not the meer 2.5million we have recieved.

I actually think Lambert might have thought that as well. If he could have sold Gabby and Nzog for say £12m - then he could have wheeled a bit - Gabby got injured - presumably no bids for Nzog - so Lambert has been left sitting on his hands.

OUT:

marshall - free

warnock - £1m

delph - £2m

makoun - £unknown

bannan - £2m

defouneso - £1m

this would also free up a good chunk of wages

ive always been a fan of klass jan huntelaar, although i know we would never have a chance of signing him, it would solve our issues

We don't have a single player that I enjoy watching.

Not one single player that excites me in any way.

Unfortunately, I'll drink to that.

but we have to turn this around....Big job this.

we have to sign players quick and get some little partnerships going.

The teams that came up have all added to thier squads as they know to compete they need more quality ...we are almost relegated and do **** all.Cutting cost's is all fine and well but all the best players have gone and we have been in decline for 2 seasons.

I appreciate there is long terms and the new scout appointment is a welcome one but right in there here and now we lack quality and experience.

Lets hope something happens this week.

How on earth did the Boggies snap up Lukaku? We are in dire need of someone like him. On top of the fact we have no good footballers, the team is completely bereft of size, strength and power.

Yep definitely missed a trick there. Time and again we're told how difficult it is to sign players, but we see teams around us/theoretically below us making good signings who would've improved our squad.

the answer to the question there, though, is Steve Clarke. Strong Chelsea link. Let's hope Lambert has some links which can help us.