Brett Holman

ozvillafan

Why do people get so sentimental about crap players?

Get rid of him asap

Who's getting sentimental, maybe you're just wrong about him being crap? 3 assists and a pretty good goal from a limited time on the pitch, and a good workrate on top suggest there is something worth keeping there to me.
  • Like 1

Get rid of him asap

Who's getting sentimental, maybe you're just wrong about him being crap? 3 assists and a pretty good goal from a limited time on the pitch, and a good workrate on top suggest there is something worth keeping there to me.

I don't think it's much of a coincidence that we started playing better without him starting. He'd make a decent squad player, but it's clear that's not what he is happy doing, so he should be off this summer.

I love/hate Holman and I think he is fantastic/shit.

This pretty much sums up my feelings on the player for the past 5 years or so.

I think it's best for all parties for him to move on. I reckon he has got got Holloway signing written all over him.

Get rid of him asap

I do not think he is awful, but his time was not really limited. He had 27 appearance for us this season.

He is not a technical player but does harass opponents well. That being said, he was responsible for one of the late goals we let in over the January/February run (sorry don't remember which) because he did not close out with any urgency at all. Did not see him much after that.

Get rid of him asap

I do not think he is awful, but his time was not really limited. He had 27 appearance for us this season.

What I mean is his return of two goals and three assists as a ratio to minutes played must compare favourable to many in the squad.

I think the improvement in form towards the end of the season was due more to other factors other than Holman not being picked.

He's a keep for me.

Good guy. Hard worker.

Just not consistent enough quality wise. One of those players that disappear for long stretches of a game.

Think he'll want first team like Lichaj and move on.

One of his best attributes is his work-rate but his touch and passing can too often let him down. Just not good enough to warrant a starting position at the moment. 

I'll be very surprised if he's still with us at the end of this transfer window. He's got one eye on Rio-2014, so he want's consistent first team football. 

He is similar to Lichaj really. Solid player who would be perfect back up, but isn't happy with that so on he moves. Hopefully Gardner will take his place as sub/semi-regular apperances to finally push on.

Tired of his whining. He is not a good player, therefore he doesn't play. He is not the sort of player we want in the team if we want to improve because his technique and passing is just shocking.

Hard worker, poor player, wants to be first team, isn't good enough, not willing to be on the bench so get rid.

• Like 1

He says he doesn't want to be on the bench. I don't see how that's any different. If he doesn't play, he isn't happy. He shouldn't play, so sell him. Nothing against the guy but he isn't good enough and if he thinks he should be starting then there is no way it should be at Villa

I'd agree on that, if he's not happy to be a bit part squad player then sell him on, we'd probably make a small profit . Can see a Hull buying him or he may go back overseas

He just isn't good enough to get first team football here even with the thin squad we have at this moment in time, let alone what will hopefully be an improved side next season.

If he isn't happy being a squad player which seemingly he isn't then he needs to go for his sake and so we can get him off the wage bill.

Has he demanded first team football

Are you going to answer my question? It's two posts above this one, I know you'll have seen it.

He won't-i said the same thing to him he just ignores it.

With the world cup coming up he'll wan't regular playing time and he won't get it here. It'll be better for both him and the club if he moves on.

His place in the squad can be filled by Gardner, Carruthers and whoever we might sign 

He just isn't good enough to get first team football here even with the thin squad we have at this moment in time, let alone what will hopefully be an improved side next season.

If he isn't happy being a squad player which seemingly he isn't then he needs to go for his sake and so we can get him off the wage bill.

Exactly, he couldn't trap a wet bag of cement and he gives the ball away a hell of a lot. Bottom line is that he doesn't have the ability to get into a side that finished 15th last season. No way will he play a part next season when we're looking to improve/build.

If he is fed up on the bench I'm sure there's a few championship clubs interested, that's about his level.

• Like 1

Â