Brett Holman

ozvillafan

Compared to his last full game (for Australia), he was a massive improvement. I saw him complete passes and fight for possession.

I don't think he did anything wrong when coming on, though his impact was a little muted.

• Like 1

I couldn't really care whether Holman succeeds at Villa or not, except for the good of the club, so I have no axe to grind.

Except with everyone piling shit on him when, in fact, his last appearance for the club was actually one of his best. But hey, if following the rest of the herd of sheep and slagging him off without taking this into consideration makes you feel good, go for it.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner
  • Like 2

He's not terrible, but he seems like the type who will want to play first team football. Ain't going to get it here. His touch is awful and his passing worse. I'd be happy to keep him on as a squaddie but if he moves on I'll say g'day without losing too much sleep.

I couldn't really care whether Holman succeeds at Villa or not, except for the good of the club, so I have no axe to grind.

Except with everyone piling shit on him when, in fact, his last appearance for the club was actually one of his best. But hey, if following the rest of the herd of sheep and slagging him off without taking this into consideration makes you feel good, go for it.

I saw similar in the bannan thread.

Is this the new thing on VT now? Calling people sheep and that they're following the herd if they disagree with your opinion?

I saw similar in the bannan thread.

Is this the new thing on VT now? Calling people sheep and that they're following the herd if they disagree with your opinion?

Had no idea it was trendy, but it's great to be trendy without knowing it, isn't it eh?

FWIW, if you think that people are posting negative comments about a player because of the opinions they're reading on VT, rather than because of what they see with their own eyes, it's probably within the rules of existence to say something about it. Don't you think?

His last sub appearance, it wasn't anything really, not good, not bad, he couldn't effect change, but by then our game had already fizzled out. The whole team had lost shape and so the negative comments aimed at Holman which followed were a bit bizarre and unconected to reality. I think there is something else going on there. I think people like to jump onto bandwagons.

Probably best you get solid facts and then have the discussion before you but in!

Just a thought pal.

I think everyone including Lambert, are still struggling to find what position actually suits him best. Is he a wide player, attacking or holding midfielder?

Fair play to Lambert in actually putting him on, since he was in his right to leave him out after the players cry to the media. "Dont tell me, show me!"

And he failed :rolleyes:

Personally, i see him as someone whom would be best playing behind a front two. But hes not going to get past our current attacking quartet at the moment.

I think everyone including Lambert, are still struggling to find what position actually suits him best. Is he a wide player, attacking or holding midfielder?

Fair play to Lambert in actually putting him on, since he was in his right to leave him out after the players cry to the media. "Dont tell me, show me!"

And he failed :rolleyes:

Personally, i see him as someone whom would be best playing behind a front two. But hes not going to get past our current attacking quartet at the moment.

Yeah i agree, I often wonder what lambert wants be when he's older!

Probably best you get solid facts and then have the discussion before you but in!

Just a thought pal.

Thanks for the thought, pal. Love your posts. You're all class.

Just a thought pal.

He's allowed to say whatever he wants without the likes of you, who I've seen post drivel in numerous threads, patronising him.

Get off your high horse.

Â