Brett Holman

ozvillafan

He's allowed to say whatever he w

I couldn't really care whether Holman succeeds at Villa or not, except for the good of the club, so I have no axe to grind.

Except with everyone piling shit on him when, in fact, his last appearance for the club was actually one of his best. But hey, if following the rest of the herd of sheep and slagging him off without taking this into consideration makes you feel good, go for it.

Probably best you get solid facts and then have the discussion before you but in!

Just a thought pal.

He's allowed to say whatever he wants without the likes of you, who I've seen post drivel in numerous threads, patronising him.

Get off your high horse.

So you're happy for a poster to call people sheep who don't agree with him?

Yet you seem to have a problem when people share their views on Aston Villa.

You have your first season ticket and made a comment about some fans needing to be humbled and now you're telling others to get off their high horse?

Just brilliant.

Oh dear BJ10, you're getting worse.

Why? Because I don't agree with calling people sheep for disagreeing with me?

Or have an issue with someone being hypocritical and telling others to get of their high horse?

You keep that up though.

Rubbish.

Rubbish? He was on for 20 mins. I thought he tried to get our game moving again, but we'd turned to rat shit by then. No shape and long punts.

Yes, he is just a rubbish player. Doesnt contribute anything other than hard work. And in the Premier League that's not enough. Another awful signing from McLeish.

So you're happy for a poster to call people sheep who don't agree with him?

Yet you seem to have a problem when people share their views on Aston Villa.

You have your first season ticket and made a comment about some fans needing to be humbled and now you're telling others to get off their high horse?

Just brilliant.

It was the complete unnecessary patronising by a poster, who has in the past spouted nonsense that irked me. That wasn't a view on "Aston Villa', it was a rude point scoring comment. People do have the tendency to sheep on VT, I've been guilty of it in the past, as have you i'm sure.

What the actual **** the does the bolded mean? Because this is my first year of being a ST holder, it's my first year of being a real fan? If you're using that you're grasping at straws. Some of our fans do need tobe humbled. I didn't say people on VT, but some of our fans can be incredulous bores who hark back to the glory days far too often. Some fans are completely arrogant about us. Sure we're a big club and we shouldn't be languishing where we are, but right now we are. But some fans will still tell other people how great and big we are. And it riles people. Sure, talk about the glory days between ourselves and we can be as deluded as we want amongst friends, but some (and note I said SOME in my comment about SOME of our fans needing to be humbled) of us are as bad as Liverpool fans.

And considering I have to put a disclaimer on my posts these days because I know what you're like in your obsession with quoting people out of context and twisting their words, I don't want us to go down and I'd be depressed for week, but it's not the end of the world. We'd get over it. Football carries on and we'll still all be Aston Villa fans won't we?

stefan havnt you guessed by now that you have to be a long term season ticket holder for your opinions to have any slight importance on villatalk otherwise youre considered an armchair fan and your opinions are automatically invalid...

anyways, yet another thread thats going to go round in circles till the day he is released

(i say the word released but i wonder when or who was the last player we signed for a free but then actually sold and made a profit?)

Edited by AndyBM

Some of our fans do need tobe humbled. I didn't say people on VT, but some of our fans can be incredulous bores who hark back to the glory days far too often. Some fans are completely arrogant about us. Sure we're a big club and we shouldn't be languishing where we are, but right now we are. But some fans will still tell other people how great and big we are. And it riles people. Sure, talk about the glory days between ourselves and we can be as deluded as we want amongst friends, but some (and note I said SOME in my comment about SOME of our fans needing to be humbled) of us are as bad as Liverpool fans.

Fair enough. You're entitled to this view.

You're entitled to get on your high horse and tell other fans they need to be humbled. Bit rich though to then have a go at someone else and tell them to get off their high horse.

stefan havnt you guessed by now that you have to be a long term season ticket holder for your opinions to have any slight importance on villatalk otherwise youre considered an armchair fan and your opinions are automatically invalid...

No you don't.

It just helps if you're not a hypocrite when it comes to having a go at other fans.

we stopped being a big club a few seasons ago, we havnt won anything (of any importance) for around 16 years, and wont either for a very long time, theres championship teams better than this tin pot 'club', they have better looking stadiums as well, which i may add, they can fill

tbh, this whole 'big club' tripe bores me as well as other clubs fans, yawn!

• 1 month later...

Haven't heard much about Lambert's plans for Holman...you'd think that he'd be on the auction block, having not played much at all the second half of the season, and not being a Lambert signing to begin with. 

We could do worse for a backup midfielder...

Not sure thats what Holman imagined when he joined. He’s the kind of player who would do well with a newly promoted team who had an ambition to stay up, but beyond that and where Villa want to go he’s not up to the task. He’s been given a fair crack of the whip and isn’t in Lamberts plans. Time for a move to another team.

He fits the austerity model though, so that's why it's possible we keep him. And the fact that we haven't heard his name being shopped around, makes me think we might just hold onto him.

He's a good player to bring on for the last 10-15 mins when we learn to see games out. An absolute pest in midfield who will just chase Harry and disposess tired legs .

Has a fraction of the talent Bannan has though. Don't rate him at all.

Seconded. He's not quite good enough to be playing in the Premier League and I don't see enough to suggest he'll improve. I'd much rather his place in the squad was taken by another of Lambert's unknown signings like Westwood and Lowton were last year.

Edited by Robbie09

Â