Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

Not singling you out KSV but this is more of a response to many posts on here... We don't know that Kiyotake would improve us at all, if he signed he could be a flop. I sort of hope he doesn't join us because the expectation on the poor lad to be some sort of messi Ronaldo hybrid wouldn't be very fair!

He has improved a little but is still lacking. The fact that our side misses him just speaks volumes of how shit our midfield really is. All midfielders.. aside from Delph SHOULD be back up/squad rotation players. Westwood KEA will be good for rotation but should not be first choice.

We really need to sign a defensive midfielder/box to box and an attacking/creative midfielder. Dembele and Kiyotake along with Delph and you would see a different side. Obviously we cannot afford them but these style of players are what we need. Players who are comfortable on the ball and do not panic. Can win a few tackles.. win some headers and add some steel to the side. Our current midfield is not physical and just get overrun.

I dont know how much money we have to spend on wages and transfers but we need better players. Sylla had the physical side but he offered little else. Happy to see KEA stay next season but needs to be here as a squad player and not in the starting 11.

Just letting you know you've just described Westwood.

I feel so strongly about westwoods ability that anyone who doesn't think he should start in our side, even with new signings has been found out as knowing sweat FA about football.

He has improved a little but is still lacking. The fact that our side misses him just speaks volumes of how shit our midfield really is. All midfielders.. aside from Delph SHOULD be back up/squad rotation players. Westwood KEA will be good for rotation but should not be first choice.

We really need to sign a defensive midfielder/box to box and an attacking/creative midfielder. Dembele and Kiyotake along with Delph and you would see a different side. Obviously we cannot afford them but these style of players are what we need. Players who are comfortable on the ball and do not panic. Can win a few tackles.. win some headers and add some steel to the side. Our current midfield is not physical and just get overrun.

I dont know how much money we have to spend on wages and transfers but we need better players. Sylla had the physical side but he offered little else. Happy to see KEA stay next season but needs to be here as a squad player and not in the starting 11.

I feel so strongly about westwoods ability that anyone who doesn't think he should start in our side, even with new signings has been found out as knowing sweat FA about football.

He doesnt get a stranglehold on the game. His tackling is weak and he wins nothing in the air. Hardly the player i mentioned. He breaks up play a little bit but you dont see him pressing and winning the ball with a strong challenge. He may keep the ball but he passes it back and does not use the ball to get forward and set up play. Hes a limited player.

Just because i do not agree with you doesnt mean i dont know football :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Not singling you out KSV but this is more of a response to many posts on here... We don't know that Kiyotake would improve us at all, if he signed he could be a flop. I sort of hope he doesn't join us because the expectation on the poor lad to be some sort of messi Ronaldo hybrid wouldn't be very fair!

I agree. I just using him as an example of the type of player we need. Not necessarily him. Should have said Belhanda :P

• Like 1

He doesnt get a stranglehold on the game. His tackling is weak and he wins nothing in the air. Hardly the player i mentioned. He breaks up play a little bit but you dont see him pressing and winning the ball with a strong challenge. He may keep the ball but he passes it back and does not use the ball to get forward and set up play. Hes a limited player.

Just because i do not agree with you doesnt mean i dont know football :rolleyes:

Yeah I know, I'm just saying how highly I rate him :)

KEA though when he plays we get points! looking forward to having him back.

Yeah I know, I'm just saying how highly I rate him :)

KEA though when he plays we get points! looking forward to having him back.

I rate him as well but i think we need to get an even better player. Thats the only way to improve our side. Otherwise Delph and Westwood would be dominating sides and carving sides up. I just feel we need a Viera style midfielder along with a more creative player.

El Ahmadi is really important to what Villa do when we're playing well. By pressing so high up the pitch he allows us to pinch the ball in positions where a team with no real creativity can make something happen. I think it's that, and not the "good counter-attacking team" myth, that makes (or rather made) us dangerous away and against the top teams. Without that role we tend to struggle, everything we do on the ball starts further back and we don't have the quality to create enough chances in those situations.

I think he's good at it in his own right, but it's probably also true that there are better players that are probably available even within our budget. The creative attacking midfielder might cost £10m minimum, but a hard-working, all-action pressing midfielder likely wouldn't.

Personally I'd be looking to cover his injuries rather than replace him, at least for next season. I like the cut of his jib.

0,,10265~12746610,00.jpg

That says absolutely everything.

If you don't rate him, then you genuinely need to learn more about the game - it's that simple.

Or it tells us that the rest of the squad assembled by Lambert are very poor. But of course you know the game hence your strong defence and support of such an awful team.

• Like 1

His decent performances are down to him and he deserves credit for them. The shocking state of our team without him shows how poor the squad is. It doesn't take anything away from KEA but at the same time it doesn't show he's our Ronaldo.

He's improved a lot on last year, but I rarely watch a game of ours and come out thinking that any of the midfielders have had a particularly convincing game.

I've said it before KEA presses very well high up the pitch, if the rest of team follow suit we play well. However, if for some reason the rest of the team don't follow suit, Kea is made to look like a headless chicken running about on his own

His decent performances are down to him and he deserves credit for them. The shocking state of our team without him shows how poor the squad is. It doesn't take anything away from KEA but at the same time it doesn't show he's our Ronaldo.

Nobody said or implied that anyway.

This is what I mean about the black and white thinking that pervades this forum - just because people are praising a player doesn't mean they think he's world class or anything,

Edited by Mantis

0,,10265~12746610,00.jpg

That says absolutely everything.

If you don't rate him, then you genuinely need to learn more about the game - it's that simple.

Or it tells us that the rest of the squad assembled by Lambert are very poor. But of course you know the game hence your strong defence and support of such an awful team.

So you don't support the team then?

I defend the players when they are being unfairly criticised; I've condemned plenty of performances too because I try to be balanced. 

Â