Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

I didn't understand all the flack he got last season with Vlaar.  Wenger has been quoted in the past as saying that foreign players need a full season to adjust to the Premier League, and KEA has proved this.  Outstanding workrate, relentless pressing, and a good tackler.  He'd be a top top player if he had a better passing ability and shot, but he is still an important part of the team.  I'd still like to see him switch roles with Westwood for a few games, as I feel his passing is his weakest aspect of his game, but Westwood's strongest and we rarely get to see it, when he's playing the holding role.

Apparently we 'have won just 1 of the 10 Premier League games that Karim El Ahmadi has not started this season'.

Definitely missing him.

I don't think it's a coincidence we've fell apart since he went off against Stoke. I don't think he's great on the ball, but off it he's superb.
  • Like 1

Apparently we 'have won just 1 of the 10 Premier League games that Karim El Ahmadi has not started this season'.

Definitely missing him.

I don't think it's a coincidence we've fell apart since he went off against Stoke. I don't think he's great on the ball, but off it he's superb.

The word Superb and KEA do not belong together. He really is nothing special. Superb is a word I use for Mortimer, Cowans, Rioch etc. Using such words for the KEA's of this world is just silly.His game is at best adequate in certain areas and poor in others.The fact that he is anywhere near our first team is simply an indication of the paucity of talent we have in our squad.

• Like 1

Can't believe we've missed him, shows how poor we are and the depth of squad or lack of depth

Or it could show what a good job he has been doing for us

A Villa player playing well? Nah, impossible. They're all **** shit.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

He has improved a little but is still lacking. The fact that our side misses him just speaks volumes of how shit our midfield really is. All midfielders.. aside from Delph SHOULD be back up/squad rotation players. Westwood KEA will be good for rotation but should not be first choice.

We really need to sign a defensive midfielder/box to box and an attacking/creative midfielder. Dembele and Kiyotake along with Delph and you would see a different side. Obviously we cannot afford them but these style of players are what we need. Players who are comfortable on the ball and do not panic. Can win a few tackles.. win some headers and add some steel to the side. Our current midfield is not physical and just get overrun.

I dont know how much money we have to spend on wages and transfers but we need better players. Sylla had the physical side but he offered little else. Happy to see KEA stay next season but needs to be here as a squad player and not in the starting 11.

Â