Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

And lets not forget the second dickhead manager in a row started to select Gabby as a winger for parts of the season (despite him playing really well up front at the start of the season)

Spot on. Gabby has had to endure two seasons being **** about by dumb and dumber who didn't have a clue how to get the best out of him.

He will do well under Lambert. He has a lot going for him - pace, power, two good feet, good in the air, very good at holding the ball up and excellent work rate.

I think Gabby tens to be either overrated or underrated on here. He was undoubtedly poor last season, a lot of that down to McLeish but not all of it can be blamed on him. I think he needs to step up this season, which is something he unfortunately didn't do when Bent was out injured last season.

Everyone complains when Downing, Young, Barry, Milner show no loyalty to the club.

Gabby shows loyalty to the club and a lot of fans show no loyalty to him.

Agree, frustrating. I can completely understand why people don't rate him as a player but some of the personal insults you see are unbelievable.

There's no need for personal insults indeed, but Gabby's seasons seem to involve expectation followed by disappointment. There's also no room on the pitch for loyalty - teams need to be built on talent, form, and delivery.

I dont see too many personal insults. None in fact. If iVe missed them they are uncalled for.

Hes been atrocious like the rest. Hes overpaid like the rest. He has no Excuses left like the rest. Needs to buck his ideas up like the rest. (And looks like he did last night).

The fact hes from Erdington and says he supports Villa doesnt let him off the hook.

I don't really see any reason to believe that Gabby is loyal.

If he was an excellent footballer, and Man City came in for him, and he turned them down to stay here. Then i'd say he's loyal. But the simple fact is he will never be at a better club than Villa, and he wouldn't earn a better wage elsewhere. I don't class that as loyalty.

Im not writing him off. Gabby's biggest asset is his pace. If not for his pace he'd have been let go at youth level. He's also becoming injury prone. I stated the fact he'll get slower and more injury prone as his career progresses. If we can get the gabby of 3 years ago back, fantastic, I love the bloke. I'm just increasingly unsure we can.

Anyways, he's not going to Sunderland

Gab pulls Cats’ tale

EXCLUSIVE

By GRAEME BRYCE

Published: 23rd July 2012

GABBY AGBONLAHOR claims there is not a Black Cat in hell’s chance of him joining ex-boss Martin O’Neill at Sunderland.

The Aston Villa striker is focused on convincing new manager Paul Lambert he is the perfect partner for Darren Bent.

Agbonlahor said: “When you’ve played with a manager before, especially one as good as Martin O’Neill, then you are going to be linked with him.

“But it’s just pure speculation. I can assure Villa fans I haven’t heard anything about it and I’m happy here.”

I Just met Gabby tonight in the Villa hotel in Portland Oregon USA.

He was a complete gent and brilliant a ambassador for Aston Villa.

I have to admit to being to a bit 'starstruck' and I didn't know what to say,but he was very kind and talkative and only too happy to have photos taken etc.

When I mentioned his injury he said "thats life" and that he would "only come back stronger."

I was so impressed by his attitude.

Fabian Delph was also extremely pleasant.

These guys are very privileged but they also understand their position.

Gabby = fantastic Villa pro. We should be proud that a young, talented lad from Erdington joins our great club and achieves all that he has :thumb:

I Just met Gabby tonight in the Villa hotel in Portland Oregon USA.

He was a complete gent and brilliant a ambassador for Aston Villa.

I have to admit to being to a bit 'starstruck' and I didn't know what to say,but he was very kind and talkative and only too happy to have photos taken etc.

When I mentioned his injury he said "thats life" and that he would "only come back stronger."

I was so impressed by his attitude.

Fabian Delph was also extremely pleasant.

These guys are very privileged but they also understand their position.

Gabby = fantastic Villa pro. We should be proud that a young, talented lad from Erdington joins our great club and achieves all that he has :thumb:

Hear, hear!

Gabby is setting a great example to the rest of the Bodymoor Heath lads, too. Stick with Villa, work hard and the rewards will be far more sweeter than joining a plastic, financially doped club. It all brings a sense of togetherness, stability and purpose to the squad - well done Gabby. Now let's win some matches and trophies.

Â