Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Fecking typical.

Was really hoping for a largely injury free pre season......in terms of timing and who it's happened to it couldn't be much worse.

If he's out for a whole he might struggle to get back in to the team when he is fit........balls

Okay. so if we are going with goals and assists he is on the same as Bent with 11.

But bent did that over 25 games to Gabbys 36 so

Bent G/A per game = 0.44

Gabby G/A per game = 0.31

Of course that means he's actually third because

Keane G/A per game = 0.57

Keane's record only covers five games, I'd say that wasn't enough to count. So in essence Gabby does have a 'clue', being the second most potent attacking threat, with most assists, and the second highest goal tally.

Im guessing you have seen him play? because anyone who has seen him play knows that the moment he has to think (or have a clue) he usually goes to pot. I mean other than the fact he's two faced

It's not looking positive is it?

Having ruptured my ACL twice i know from bitter experience that until the swelling calms down it is difficult to diagnose. The first time i ruptured mine it was fairly clear immediately due to the pain, however the second time it was only diagnosed when i was under the knife for a routine op to clear up scar tissue.

Fingers crossed it's not a rupture or Gabby could be looking at a long term absence.

I had hoped we would replace him anyway, I know that sounds awful, so I am now more hopeful of another striker coming in

Same here.

I had hoped we would replace him anyway, I know that sounds awful, so I am now more hopeful of another striker coming in

Same here.

My thoughts too. No sentiment in football. (Well not in the first team)

I like Gabby, though I'm not on board with the clichéd 'he loves the club' mantra.

But it is difficult to continue to make excuses for him after two indifferent seasons. On both occasions he's had long spells to make the CF position his own- in the first half of GH's season and from Feb this year with Bent out.

Yet on each occasion he has come up short.

I wouldn't write him off- his form in the first 2/3 months of last season indicate what he can do. But he needs to deliver that level of performance on a far more consistent basis.

There were times last season when he was just trotting about aimlessley, not looking bothered/ chasing back. I can accept a player being out of form. I'm not so crazy about a Collymore-eque lack of effort.

If-when he returns from injury- we have much more of that, he has to be sent on his way. Local lad or not.

Same here.

My thoughts too. No sentiment in football. (Well not in the first team)

I've been thinking he needs to move on (not that he does, apparently). I'm sorry he's injured but, being a bit harsh about it, this means he is less likely to go until he's recovered. So we won't get a fee to fund a new purchase. Let's hope that doesn't matter.

after two indifferent seasons

I don't know if you've heard this but last season he was statistically our most potent attacking threat.

we have much more of that, he has to be sent on his way

Really?

5 goals scored last season. 3 the season before that.

What stats are more relevant than these for a forward?

If these 'stats' are merely cack handed attempts attempts to justify poor performance -when the truth is blatantly obvious- then no! :)

I'd never get those two minutes back.

Scoring less goals than a centre half or delivering a return that only Heskey might be proud of kinda tells it's own story.

He'd have to be a demon for creating assists to get away with such a poor return (he isn't).

Or a major thorn in the oppositions side, giving space to our other players to exploit (he doesn't do that either).

after two indifferent seasons

I don't know if you've heard this but last season he was statistically our most potent attacking threat.

we have much more of that, he has to be sent on his way

Really?

5 goals scored last season. 3 the season before that.

What stats are more relevant than these for a forward?

[sarcasm mode]

Well he did lots of assists and he ran past one person and crossed the ball. We also can look at successful passes there was 5 or 6 of them. He also scored goals in training games and scored several times off the pitch with a cacophony of birds.

[/sarcasm mode]

Spot on. Strikers should be judged on goals.

I won't judge Gabby on the last 2 seasons because as a team we have been all over the shop really with disruptions and managers changing. I have seen what he is capable of when he is on form. It has not escaped me though that his best run of form coincided with the best form of Ashley Young. His pace suits a counter attacking style of football and Young was often the quickest thinker setting him up on breakaway runs.

I think in the right setup he can be a real asset. Not sure PL will set the team up in a fashion that would get the best out of him though so it's a bit of a dilemma. Looks like he is out for some time now so the decision to keep/sell can be put off to a later time I guess.

Â