Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Dave, we ALL know your feelings about the guy.

I just hope we can allow him even one last hurrah, there is a STRONG case of that being against the Blues for all the reasons some have already pointed out.

He is gone at the end of the season and you will have to find a new "Gabby" :P.

As you know, I for one, have an "emotional" attachment for reasons many others do also.

The very least I would want for him is to leave with a little bit of happiness and appreciation for what he HAS done. (Whether we can say it was a decade ago or not), as a pose to the mistakes he has made which in the grand scheme of things are truthfully not the epitome of his Villa career.

Regardless of what people try to portray, at the end of the day he loves the club, whether he has let us, and himself down is another issue altogether.

I'm pretty sure he, himself will know he has let himself, AND the club down, and effectively shortened his own Villa career which arguably should have taken on a much different trajectory.

This.

But I used to love him.................but it's all over now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

Let him have a testimonial for that.

He doesn't justify a place in the squad for any other game and we'll be in danger of expecting to have the 'Gabby factor' if he gets picked.  Time to move on - we have more than enough to beat these without Gabby and shouldn't mythologise his past performances.  IMO.

Shit. You want to give him more money.

I guess we will probably have to, based on his performances way in the past, but hopefully he gives it to charity.

From what I hear, he is being well advised and certainly does not need it.

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Whilst speculating whether Gabby will play, since we apparently have nothing better to do, it's worth mentioning that Calderwood was specifically asked about his chances of featuring in the press conference and answered:

"Everyone's fit and available so all those records come into the manager's thoughts and he's got a terrific record...local boys, whether it be Jack or Gabby, they're the ones who spell it home to everyone else round about the dressing room the importance of it."

Not exactly ruling him out and from them comments. 

I would be very suprised if he did not make the bench atleast.

2 hours ago, rubberman said:

Let him have a testimonial for that.

He doesn't justify a place in the squad for any other game and we'll be in danger of expecting to have the 'Gabby factor' if he gets picked.  Time to move on - we have more than enough to beat these without Gabby and shouldn't mythologise his past performances.  IMO.

The fact there is a Gabby Factor is the onky reason we are discussing him being anywhere near the squad. It’s a proven factor and worked last year especially at home in one of the worst derbies I’ve ever seen.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This my HEAD obviously agrees with.

My other comments are mostly based on sentiment to be fair.

I have also thought, it is also an opportunity to give one of our other home grown lads the opportunity to be come the new "Blues Killer".

Fair enough.  Football does love a 'narrative' - but, yeah - Jack's turn (or Andre, or Kienan...)

• Like 1

One of the biggest games of the season and people are seriously suggesting wasting a place on the bench with some bloke that hasn't played for months and doesn't score goals. Wow. 

The bench will, and should consist of;

keeper

2 defenders

2 midfielders

2 strikers 

The idea that Gabby gets in ahead of Davis or Grabban is bonkers. 

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

"I very rarely post about Gabby"

:crylaugh: 

You know fine well that's not how it was intended- I stated that I respond to post not start a new conversation- but hey it's a forum so your clearly entitled to have your say 

8 minutes ago, Dave J said:

You know fine well that's not how it was intended- I stated that I respond to post not start a new conversation- but hey it's a forum so your clearly entitled to have your say 

Either way it’s blatantly untrue :D 

you bring him up at every opportunity. 

I honestly think he’s the reason you don’t like Steve Bruce. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Either way it’s blatantly untrue :D 

you bring him up at every opportunity. 

I honestly think he’s the reason you don’t like Steve Bruce. 

No let me repeat for one last time - I respond to posts I rarely start them re: Gabby. 

2 minutes ago, Dave J said:

No let me repeat for one last time - I respond to posts I rarely start them re: Gabby. 

You can say it all you want. The rest of us know it’s not true. 

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Dave, we ALL know your feelings about the guy.

I just hope we can allow him even one last hurrah, there is a STRONG case of that being against the Blues for all the reasons some have already pointed out.

He is gone at the end of the season and you will have to find a new "Gabby" :P.

As you know, I for one, have an "emotional" attachment for reasons many others do also.

The very least I would want for him is to leave with a little bit of happiness and appreciation for what he HAS done. (Whether we can say it was a decade ago or not), as a pose to the mistakes he has made which in the grand scheme of things are truthfully not the epitome of his Villa career.

Regardless of what people try to portray, at the end of the day he loves the club, whether he has let us, and himself down is another issue altogether.

I'm pretty sure he, himself will know he has let himself, AND the club down, and effectively shortened his own Villa career which arguably should have taken on a much different trajectory.

JV what an excellent post - with all sincerity I say this -  I feel your passion and admire your commitment to him.

however on this occasion JV we must agree to disagree as we are at opposite ends of the spectrum re: Gabby.

i did think of composing a lengthy reposte but you know what i am going to pass on this JV 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You can say it all you want. The rest of us know it’s not true. 

Stevo I have zero intention of getting into some sort of cyber war with you - feel free to post whatever you wish.

i'm done 

4 minutes ago, Dave J said:

JV what an excellent post - with all sincerity I say this -  I feel your passion and admire your commitment to him.

however on this occasion JV we must agree to disagree as we are at opposite ends of the spectrum re: Gabby.

i did think of composing a lengthy reposte but you know what i am going to pass on this JV 

Well, we have had our differences on Steve Bruce.....but with Gabby, I'm with you.

However, my main feeling towards him is one of extreme disappointment.

I do not understand for the life of me, the choices he has made, but he has made them and its a bed he must lie on.

i feel sure in his later life he will regret the opportunities, he passed on.

I guess a lot of it is down to intelligence, something, i always thought Gabby was short of.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

tombstone fan too?

Yeah mate brilliant movie. Kirk Douglas or Val Kilmer as the Doc? Hard to choose.:)

Gabby as Johnny Rigo perhaps in a different life.:ph34r:

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You might be able to revive it tweaked come June..

Gabby Gabby Gabby Agbonlahor......

He's out the door, he's out the dooooor.....

I'm sure the scamps from small heath will revive another version on Sunday. 

Â