Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

46 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Mental? Ok. 

Did you go Saturday?

No It was a bit of a trek from NZ. I've seen the highlights. He looked the best player on the field for us in most of them but it's one game and I'm basing it on season after season of shitness. Never again will I fall for the Gabby is back trap again. Done it so many times

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

You cant coach talent into someone.

You cant rewire a brain through USB or an e-prom

Gaby has no football talent

Gaby has no football brain

All Gaby has is loads of money and a few kids

You can't make people articulate themselves ...... You can only hope they do

39 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

No It was a bit of a trek from NZ. I've seen the highlights. He looked the best player on the field for us in most of them but it's one game and I'm basing it on season after season of shitness. Never again will I fall for the Gabby is back trap again. Done it so many times

Right, so I'm saying he played well Saturday and as a result has earned the shirt. What kind of message will it send out if you drop players following that based on the idea that in the past he has been inconsistent. The wrong one, IMO. 

You might disagree but again, hardly 'mental'.

From the highlights I've seen against Preston, gabby appeared to play well as he did of old. 

If he continues to put a shift in on the pitch each game, fair play to him and he deserves the chance of being selected. 

I still don't like the way he mistreated the club and fans over the last few years but if he's clearly trying to make amends, then we should get behind him when he's on the pitch. 

It sticks a bit in the throat but it'll be more productive than just mindlessly booing his every touch. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Right, so I'm saying he played well Saturday and as a result has earned the shirt. What kind of message will it send out if you drop players following that based on the idea that in the past he has been inconsistent. The wrong one, IMO. 

You might disagree but again, hardly 'mental'.

Understood, but was he "Excellent"?:ph34r:

:suspect:

:rant:

:trollface:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Isn't that pretty much the theme of this thread?

"He was good"

"Even when he was good, he wasn't good"

"Great performance yesterday"

"But no, he was shite"

"No he wasn't, pretty much everyone saw he had a great game"

"The way he has treated this club is a disgrace"

"Well he is human, manager thinks he is trying his hardest and put it right"

"Question managers judgement"

"Manager doesn't know what he is doing"

"Would rather play Barbie"

"Never had any talent, brainless,lazy lip"

"He has a decent record over his career, which can't be argued"

"Yes it can, he is thick, has babies"

"Put in an immense shift"

"Don't care, immense shift is minimum you would expect from any player"

"Donated money to a good cause"

"How pretentious, that is nothing for him"

"Donald Trump"

"Osmosis"

"Global warming"

Put any of those in any order, mix and match the words and sentences. Repeat countless times. VOILA. This thread!

He isn't very good though JV is he?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

:lol:

i knew you would get here at some point. lol. Was starting to think you had lost form!

No chance JV - I'm fighting my corner until the last - hopefully when he checks out of VP. :-))

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

"Osmosis"

I have combed through the complete thread to check and couldn't find a single instance of this word. So I'm going to go ahead and arrest you on that one.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

I have combed through the complete thread to check and couldn't find a single instance of this word. So I'm going to go ahead and arrest you on that one.

In fairness, I also do not blame Gabby for Global Warming - possibly responsible for planetary overpopulation, but not Global Warming

• Like 1

On 25/01/2017 at 20:18, Gompedyret said:

I think Osmosis is our next signing, from AEK Athens. Currently 75% -> 99.9%

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Was just on a stats binge. 

49 assists in his career. 

Do you think that's good in over 300 games? I don't - however I will say this, the whole assist stats are a nonsense in my view- a simple straight forward pass that requires little or no ability is classed as an assist. Not knocking you Doug - I just personally do not put much credence to them 

5 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Was just on a stats binge. 

49 assists in his career. 

So been involved in around 130 goals for us (goals and assists) almost all of them in the top flight. Not bad. Hopefully if he continues to play, and based on his last outing then I think he will, then we will see him involved in a few more goals between now and the end of the season.

• Like 2

Â