Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Didn't see this game either, but based on the tid bits I've seen, and a random twitter post a Villa fan made was "Gabby had one of the best games I have seen in years, but is still getting slated by Villa fans" or something along those lines. Guess that sums it all up.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Didn't see this game either, but based on the tid bits I've seen, and a random twitter post a Villa fan made was "Gabby had one of the best games I have seen in years, but is still getting slated by Villa fans" or something along those lines. Guess that sums it all up.

Fingers crossed he goes on and scores 10-12 goals during the rest of the season then. We need a goalscorer.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He may be getting slated by some fans on social media but that wasn't reflected at the game where his name was chanted and overall his performance was rightly very well received.

He turned the clock back a few years yesterday with that performance. Hopefully we'll see more of the same as I'd imagine he did enough to keep his place and even if Kodjia is back for Brentford I think they may well both start.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Did you mean tit bits?

12 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He may be getting slated by some fans on social media but that wasn't reflected at the game where his name was chanted and overall his performance was rightly very well received.

He turned the clock back a few years yesterday with that performance. Hopefully we'll see more of the same as I'd imagine he did enough to keep his place and even if Kodjia is back for Brentford I think they may well both start.

Happy to hear, hopefully him and Kodjia can combine and put in beast performances. Just saw the McCormack story today too, have been defending him up until now but that is pretty pathetic.

So if Gabby plays and Kodjia too, I guess we could see:

--------------------------Gabby

Kodjia-----------------------------------Adomah

-------------Lansbury---Hourihane-----------------

---------------------Jedi

If Hourihane signs, of course.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I'd actually start Green over Adomah. If all are fit and available to play for Aston Villa, that is. 

• Like 1

he miscontrolled comically for the goal and almost fouled the keeper but he still did all the work to score it, i'm not sure if that is lack of sharpness as he seems to have got pace and fitness back but in terms of skill he is lacking and has the touch of a cult leader.

I don't blame Bruce for bringing him back, but I don't want to see him starting but if Ross is breaking club rules and If RHM won't sign a contract then I guess Bruce only has Davis to turn to. Hope Kodjia returns asap.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, DK82 said:

That would probably work better with Kodjia in the middle.

33 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'd actually start Green over Adomah. If all are fit and available to play for Aston Villa, that is. 

Actually that makes more sense, and I think Green will improve the more he plays.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That would probably work better with Kodjia in the middle.

I don't think Gabby is a good option out wide, at least Kodjia is able to take people on. That's not a dig at Gabby either.

• Like 1

If Gabby can perform the way he did yesterday, having him and kodjia in the team could be a real benefit for us. 

I've wanted kodjia to be played down the middle but I think it could be worth a try out wide with Gabby up top.

32 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I don't think Gabby is a good option out wide, at least Kodjia is able to take people on. That's not a dig at Gabby either.

I think Kodjia is better playing from wide anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Jesus wept. Adomah with 3 goals and 5 assists has had a hand in 8/28 goals 2nd behind Kodjia's 9 goals but Green and Gabby get a start ahead of him for you. Unbelievable

Â