Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I think, when you get to a situation where television pundits (who are reluctant to overly criticise any individual player) making fun at some of their ( touches)stats......it maybe a good  time for some of us to reappraise our thoughts on him.

Even when it was blatantly clear they weren't laying the blame on Agbonlahor, rather on our horrendous team that couldn't get the ball out of their own half? There's a lot of criticism that can be (and is, and then some) given to Gabby, but I'm not convinced Suarez would have helped us in that 45 minutes let alone an injured Gabby Agbonlahor

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, weedman said:

Even when it was blatantly clear they weren't laying the blame on Agbonlahor, rather on our horrendous team that couldn't get the ball out of their own half? There's a lot of criticism that can be (and is, and then some) given to Gabby, but I'm not convinced Suarez would have helped us in that 45 minutes let alone an injured Gabby Agbonlahor

Haha well I think he may have got a bit more than 6 touches from open play

2 hours ago, weedman said:

You must be kidding right? I just can't comprehend that you think Suarez would not have had more touches of the ball than Agbonlahor did against the Spurs . Have you seen this man play? He has the appetite of 3 players, he probably gets more touches of the ball in a single game than Agbonlahor does in 3-4 games IMO 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, weedman said: Even when it was blatantly clear they weren't laying the blame on Agbonlahor, rather on our horrendous team that couldn't get the ball out of their own half? There's a lot of criticism that can be (and is, and then some) given to Gabby, but I'm not convinced Suarez would have helped us in that 45 minutes let alone an injured Gabby Agbonlahor

You must be kidding right? I just can't comprehend that you think Suarez would not have had more touches of the ball than Agbonlahor did against the Spurs . Have you seen this man play? He has the appetite of 3 players, he probably gets more touches of the ball in a single game than Agbonlahor does in 3-4 games IMO 

OK maybe Suarez was a bad example, the man never stops running - although I never said he would have less touches, just that he wouldn't have been able to do much more. The point was the service forward that 45 mins of football was probably the worst I've ever seen, at best he competed for headers after a couple of hopeful punts upfield, I can't actually remember us even being in their half more than a couple of times. Playing with an injury to boot I'd say the problem was with the whole team that game and short of us having a Suarez in it I don't think anyone would have made a difference to that

14 minutes ago, weedman said:

OK maybe Suarez was a bad example, the man never stops running - although I never said he would have less touches, just that he wouldn't have been able to do much more. The point was the service forward that 45 mins of football was probably the worst I've ever seen, at best he competed for headers after a couple of hopeful punts upfield, I can't actually remember us even being in their half more than a couple of times. Playing with an injury to boot I'd say the problem was with the whole team that game and short of us having a Suarez in it I don't think anyone would have made a difference to that

I've heard some excuses in my time, but a boot injury? Come on!  :D

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, weedman said: OK maybe Suarez was a bad example, the man never stops running - although I never said he would have less touches, just that he wouldn't have been able to do much more. The point was the service forward that 45 mins of football was probably the worst I've ever seen, at best he competed for headers after a couple of hopeful punts upfield, I can't actually remember us even being in their half more than a couple of times. Playing with an injury to boot I'd say the problem was with the whole team that game and short of us having a Suarez in it I don't think anyone would have made a difference to that

I've heard some excuses in my time, but a boot injury? Come on!  [emoji3]

Boots are so fragile these days, poor things

• Like 2

On 12/8/2015 at 00:23, New_Jersey_Villa said:

I think the problem with two up top is that our midfield would get owned.

That's probably a fair point.

I'd play a 4312 formation because we're useless wide anyway. I'd concentrate on crossing from the edge of the box rather than the byline and I'd have that happen by CMs which drift forward when the ball is on the other side. CAM and full backs will get fed by the CM on the natural side.

In my mind we either play this, a 4231 with a CAM approach or actually bother to use wide players and cross, cross, cross. 

17 hours ago, weedman said:

There is this new thing in football, it's called dropping in, peeling off, coming short, coming deep, showing for it,making yourself an option. They all essentially mean : don't be a lazy word removed and hide, scared of putting your foot on the ball.

Edited by rodders0223

2 hours ago, weedman said: Even when it was blatantly clear they weren't laying the blame on Agbonlahor, rather on our horrendous team that couldn't get the ball out of their own half? There's a lot of criticism that can be (and is, and then some) given to Gabby, but I'm not convinced Suarez would have helped us in that 45 minutes let alone an injured Gabby Agbonlahor

Suarez definitely has an appetite for players ...... i will get my coat!

• Like 2

Wouldn't be surprised to see Gabby used more as the season progresses as an impact player.

He has been a great servant to the club, not consistent and yes frustrating but lets face it if he wasn't he'd have been gone years ago.

Still some of our best memories over the last few years and they're ain't been many, have involved this man.

Don't understand why after highlighting his obvious flaws that people still slag him off

Blues and Baggies fans hate him, there's a reason for that. Not just because he's Villa through and through.

UTV

Relegation would be an ideal time to move him on I think.

Yeah he'll give the usual interview of sticking with us through thick and thin and being the man to fire us back to the premier league but his demise sums up our last 5 years from what he was during the MON era so I wouldn't back him to do much at championship level.

On 8 December 2015 at 19:24, weedman said:

Â