Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

11 minutes ago, Dave J said:

You make some valid observations which i don't necessarily disagree with, however can you not see the other side of this story, where decent hard working fans paying their hard earned cash, see an under performing footballer fly off to warmer climes whilst the rest of the team/fans shiver in the recent cold snap. It's not the best PR ever is it considering his form?.

PS for the record in my humble opinion it wont make diddly squat difference to him anyway, but as i say that's just my opinion

why the hell should "hard working fans paying their hard earned cash" even come into the decision of sending someone abroad to recover from injuries? Its nothing to do with you. You make it sound like hes literally doing nothing and is getting rewarded with a holiday or something

"but as i say thats just my opinion" - This will likely be an uneducated opinion vs an educated opinon of doctors/managers/fitness coaches/Researchers. I know which one ill likely agree with and is more convincing. 

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dave J said:

You make some valid observations which i don't necessarily disagree with, however can you not see the other side of this story, where decent hard working fans paying their hard earned cash, see an under performing footballer fly off to warmer climes whilst the rest of the team/fans shiver in the recent cold snap. It's not the best PR ever is it considering his form?.

PS for the record in my humble opinion it wont make diddly squat difference to him anyway, but as i say that's just my opinion

Lolwhat? Would you prefer house arrest?

19 minutes ago, gharperr said:

why the hell should "hard working fans paying their hard earned cash" even come into the decision of sending someone abroad to recover from injuries? Its nothing to do with you. You make it sound like hes literally doing nothing and is getting rewarded with a holiday or something

"but as i say thats just my opinion" - This will likely be an uneducated opinion vs an educated opinon of doctors/managers/fitness coaches/Researchers. I know which one ill likely agree with and is more convincing. 

Because as I said it's not the greatest PR job in the world is it? Quite frankly I don't give a flying fig about the guy, or where he trains for that matter and if he leaves the club tomorrow I would be happy, having said all of this I can see a rationale to it on the clubs behalf. But don't try and tell me a bit of hot weather will improve this guys footballing ability overall  because I'm telling you it won't. 

3 minutes ago, Dave J said:

But don't try and tell me a bit of hot weather will improve this guys footballing ability overall  because I'm telling you it won't. 

lol theyre not... (well not his direct footballing ability) 

Edited by gharperr

3 hours ago, Dave J said:

That's completely beside the point I was making, but I'll respond anyway.

As a hard working fan paying my hard earned cash, I'd like to see the club doing the best thing possible for players to get fit and contribute to the team. As shit as Gabby is, he's more useful if he's fit and able to play than if he's constantly crocked.

If the club think that warm weather training/rehab is the best way to get him back fit then that's fine with me.

If I found out the club were deciding against sending him abroad for the best possible recovery just because it might upset a few people on the internet I'd be furious.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That's completely beside the point I was making, but I'll respond anyway.

As a hard working fan paying my hard earned cash, I'd like to see the club doing the best thing possible for players to get fit and contribute to the team. As shit as Gabby is, he's more useful if he's fit and able to play than if he's constantly crocked.

If the club think that warm weather training/rehab is the best way to get him back fit then that's fine with me.

If I found out the club were deciding against sending him abroad for the best possible recovery just because it might upset a few people on the internet I'd be furious.

I think your misunderstanding me, for me yes i can personally see why the club might wish to send him off to warmer climes and i really have no issue with this at all and if he wants to train there for the rest of his life, crack on!. However given the team's performances alongside his for the last few seasons i can also see why some fans might not be happy with it. Like i said it's just not the best PR taking this into account.

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

I think your misunderstanding me, for me yes i can personally see why the club might wish to send him off to warmer climes and i really have no issue with this at all and if he wants to train there for the rest of his life, crack on!. However given the team's performances alongside his for the last few seasons i can also see why some fans might not be happy with it. Like i said it's just not the best PR taking this into account.

You haven't really said anything you hadn't already. My previous post still answers this one.

I don't give a shit about PR when it comes to a player's fitness, and neither should the club. If this is the best way to get a player fit then that's fine.
It's not bad PR. It's normal behaviour for a football club.

Gabby isn't on holiday. Just because (literally) a couple people on the internet have thrown their toys out of the pram about this doesn't make it bad PR.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

Please be true :D imagine if this really happened.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/11/24/report-sunderland-norwich-and-stoke-keeping-tabs-on-gabby-agbonl/

According to the Express and Star, three Premier League teams are keen on signing Gabby Agbonlahor from Aston Villa in January, if Remi Garde sanctions his departure.

The report claims that Garde has not yet been convinced by Agbonlahor, Villa’s current longest-serving player, and is considering selling the 29-year-old in January.

He has played seven games this term, but has not yet played under Garde due to injury, and the French boss is said to be unconvinced by his goalscoring prowess. Agbonlahor has struggled to find the net regularly, and he has been the worst Villa striker so far this term, with Jordan Ayew and Rudy Gestede struggling, but still scoring goals.

If he continues to struggle this season, and Garde remains unimpressed by the forward, it is stated that he will be shown the door by the head coach in January.

In this situation, the report claims that three Premier League rivals are tracking him ahead of a potential transfer.

Sunderland, Norwich City and Stoke are all reportedly keeping tabs on the forward, believing that he would be a good signing, potentially available for a cut-price fee. If Garde is so keen on selling him, the asking price will have to be reduced to ensure that Agbonlahor actually leaves Villa Park in January.

He may not have cut it in the Premier League in recent years for Villa, but the three interested parties must believe that Agbonlahor still possess enough quality for the top flight.

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You haven't really said anything you hadn't already. My previous post still answers this one.

I don't give a shit about PR when it comes to a player's fitness, and neither should the club. If this is the best way to get a player fit then that's fine.

Gabby isn't on holiday. Just because (literally) a couple people on the internet have thrown their toys out of the pram about this doesn't make it bad PR.

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I really think you have misunderstood me because in essence we are actually agreeing  on one point and that is that I too have no issue whatsoever with him undergoing warm weather training, none at all. However I think where we disagree on is  the player that might return? Lets's face it we are not exactly going to get a new goal machine or flying wing wizard are we?  And I will say to you again that I can fully understand some of the negative comments regarding him flying off to warmer climes to train on the back of some truly dreadful form over a significant period of time. This to me equates to not particularly great PR  but how you quantify or substantiate PR is subjective !

Â