Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

In the picture, they were celebrating a goal and Gabby was looking up to the sky - Kinsella's comment was "Even the stars won't save you now" - he later deleted it.

I have heard mutterings/innuendo from inside the club of that nature for some time.....seems no one really wants to blurt it out for some reason.....albeit Gary Neville had a pretty good go.

19 hours ago, Dave J said:

You must be kidding right? I just can't comprehend that you think Suarez would not have had more touches of the ball than Agbonlahor did against the Spurs . Have you seen this man play? He has the appetite of 3 players, he probably gets more touches of the ball in a single game than Agbonlahor does in 3-4 games IMO 

Suarez would make an impact on any team no matter what level that team was.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have heard mutterings/innuendo from inside the club of that nature for some time.....seems no one really wants to blurt it out for some reason.....albeit Gary Neville had a pretty good go.

Do tell please

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Do tell please

I can't say on an open forum, but Jack Grealish is not the only party animal, just the one that got caught.

To be honest the local boys are/were a complete let down for me ( Hendrie included).....you would think in the position we are in, they would be pulling out all the stops, training noon and night, they should be running the streets like "Rocky"....just getting a bit carried away with that one.....but you know what I mean.

On 08/12/2015 at 12:06, ermie123 said:

Impact player :crylaugh:

Gabby still has decent acceleration - the problem is that he never does anything with it. Bringing him on late in the game when the opposition defence is tired is still a viable option, not because I expect him score but because I think he could be enough of a distraction for someone else to do so.

Anyway, this ignores the main point of my post, which is that whilGabby is thought of as Mr Aston Villa he's taking up a place in the team that could be better used by somebody else, based solely upon reputation.

Yeah it's interesting either way. If Remi has decided to cut his losses we'll try to sell him in Janaury I'd imagine.

The other issue is if he's injured again, his body is now regularly breaking down for premier league football. Now as much as we all love slagging him off now maybe he's just tired of football like Rooney is? Just think when he was coming through under MON, have a look at his appearence record between 2006-09. He missed about 3 league games in those years and indeed was rarely subbed so certainly a player who was overplayed when he was younger and now he's struggling big time. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2015 at 13:27, Fight Like Lions said:

If you look on Kinsella's Instagram there's a pic of him with his 21st birthday cake. Comments on that between him and Steven Ireland taking the piss out of Gabby. This club captain nonsense is obviously a joke to the other players.

Kinsella%20Cake.jpg

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gabby-agbonlahor-aston-villa-boss-10585525

Aston Villa boss Remi Garde has told Gabby Agbonlahor he needs to do more to force his way back into favour.

Agbonlahor was omitted from the matchday 18 for the defeat to Arsenal at Villa Park.

Garde confirmed that the Brummie striker was left out on form and was not inured as Villa lost 2-0 to the new Premier League leaders.

"No, he was available for selection. but that's all," said the Villa boss.

Asked if Agbonlahor needs to do more to earn a place in the squad for next weekend's trip to Newcastle, Garde replied: "Yes.

"Gabby has been away because of injury and needs more training sessions before coming into the team."

Garde also explained why he included teenage midfielder Jordan Lyden in a matchday squad for the first time.

The 19-year-old Australian was an unused substitute against the Gunners.

Garde said: "I saw a young player very committed, bringing his energy into the training sessions and I like that.".

A club captain who can't even make the 18 of a team with 6 points and bottom of the league. Think about that for a second.

He should be stripped of his role for a start and wouldn't shock me at all if we sold him in January. At least with relegation let's make sure we weed out the stale players. 

• Like 3

Â