Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I think that Gabby is now essential to the way we play and I think we look a much weaker team without him. Hopefully he can kick on this season and get 12/13+ goals this season and get a few assists. 

I wonder at what point, if at all, his wages will become a stumbling block. Assume he's on a hefty whack. 

If he keeps playing like he did last few months it wont be an issue but if he falls back into his poorer form again for a while, I wonder if Lambert would try and move him on in order to create some transfer fees and wages? And if that did become an issue, would Gabby take a pay cut to stay here?

(Disclaimer: I'm not saying we should be looking to do any of these things, just I wonder what the outcome would be if it did)

It's an interesting point, his contract is up in 2015 so I imagine it will be be discussed sometime next season (should be good for us as most players are usually in great form when they know their contract is running out). He's on about 50k atm I reckon so dunno if he'll get much of an increase on that but he wants to stay here so imagine it will be an amicable agreement.

I can't remember a more clutch player in my time supporting Villa. Don't know how one man can be in the right place at the right time so often.

Clutch player? Never heard that phrase before

Crutch, perhaps?

I can't remember a more clutch player in my time supporting Villa. Don't know how one man can be in the right place at the right time so often.

I have. It's possibly an Americanism.

Absolute legend for us. He's always a threat to the opposition and hit some tremendous form in the 2nd half of last season. If he continues it into the next one, we're in for a terrific start.

Go into the New York Giants thread. The 2 Giants fans use it every other sentence ;)

Edited by Brumerican

Agbonlahor has fallen some way short of being a legend here but with an improvement in one on ones with the opposing keeper and the addition of a quality AM then there is still time.  

Its nice to see people getting behind Agbonlahor in comparison to the broadsides he was getting 48 pages ago when McClueless was in charge and people were saying we should have sold him... He is one of us and loves the club more than anything... We should be busting our nuts to keep him with us till he decides to jack it in... May not be a legend to some now, but if he stays with us his entire career, I think it would be a bit stingy to not allow him that accolade...

I would still characterize Gabby as our talisman. Love him and really he should have got an England call up to play against Ireland and Brazil, but unfortunately for Gabby he doesn't play for the op 5. He was at times unplayable at the tail end of last season. Whats particularly impressed me with Gabby is how far he's come technically. Last season I saw him pinging cross field balls and his passing and link up play has come on heaps and bounds. When he's on form theirs not many English wingers better than him.

Â