Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

He has a lot to thank McLeish for,who imo unleashed his ability to the fullest 

Mwuhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah!!!! Mwuhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah!!!!!!!!

What are you smoking buddy????

• 1 month later...

Watching the AVTV video of his 63 Prem goals has renewed my love for Gabby!

We all know he has his faults. His natural footballing ability is basic, his footballing brain is average, he is far from a precise finisher and he even has games where he looks like he isn't trying. However, (and I know I listed many faults!) he loves the club, has been a great servant over the years, he has improved his all-round game over the years and is now a senior figure in the dressing room. It's good to have a Villa fan in the team, because he can emphasise how big a club Villa is, our history and the importance of local derbies.

If I wasn't excited about all the new players we're signing, I would get Gabby's name on my shirt this year. Maybe I'll save it for when he hits 100 Prem goals.

We all know he has his faults. His natural footballing ability is basic, his footballing brain is average, he is far from a precise finisher and he even has games where he looks like he isn't trying. However, (and I know I listed many faults!) he loves the club, has been a great servant over the years, he has improved his all-round game over the years and is now a senior figure in the dressing room. It's good to have a Villa fan in the team, because he can emphasise how big a club Villa is, our history and the importance of local derbies.

If I wasn't excited about all the new players we're signing, I would get Gabby's name on my shirt this year. Maybe I'll save it for when he hits 100 Prem goals.

I think you've underestimated his ability, or at the very least you've not listed his positive attributes outside of the intangible ones.

He's fast as ****, obviously. His movement is good too and improving. He's strong, good in the air, unselfish and he has that big game mentality, a rare attribute in and otherwise "average" footballer.

I love our Gabby, always have. He's our bread and butter.

• Like 4

And let us all remember he's still only 26, so he can continue to improve as DDID just stated.

Think he will stay with us for the rest of his career and will go down as a club legend, which would be great to see in the current footballing world.

Thought he played really good football last season and kicked all that stuff about no footballing brain, etc., well into touch.

It would be wrong to overlook the part he played in keeping us up. 

I reckon he'll come out firing this season.

Hopefully he doesn't get an injury in pre season, that affected him last year and in 10/11.

Lambert knows how to play him now and Gabby is happy with his role so it's all good I think for more good form next season.

Thought he played really good football last season and kicked all that stuff about no footballing brain, etc., well into touch.

It would be wrong to overlook the part he played in keeping us up. 

I think you've underestimated his ability, or at the very least you've not listed his positive attributes outside of the intangible ones.

He's fast as ****, obviously. His movement is good too and improving. He's strong, good in the air, unselfish and he has that big game mentality, a rare attribute in and otherwise "average" footballer.

I love our Gabby, always have. He's our bread and butter.

I agree with both of you. If anything, I was mentioning his downfalls because I thought that would be the first thing people would say if I started saying how good a player he is, and I wanted to get that out the way and focus on Gabby's good side :D

We know it's easier to simply list negatives, than it is to come up with something constructively positive.

He is a big part of our team, and I'm really happy that he is able to fit into Lambert's system.

His own game has improved as the team improved last season.

I think Lambert and his coaching team will prove to be good for Gabby

The team looks weaker without him

Â