Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I thought he was outstanding last night, particularly once we conceded the goal, he worked his bloody socks off and twice sprinted 40 yards to win a ball back.

Took his goal brilliantly as well, congratulations on being Aston Villas top premiership marksman Gabby, you should be very proud.

I'm glad I have you as my Angel on every christmas tree I've put up since your debut :lol: 

Yeah deserves a lot of credit does Gabby.. I have been critical of him at times purely out of frustration as much as anything else but he missed a chance & just kept going. He was a real thorn in their side last night & delighted he got his goal in the end!

Yeah I hold my hand up here. My problem with him was always frustration at the fact he can go missing for months on end. But that hasn't happened this season. He has led by example as a senior pro in our desperate time of need. He has shown character that; to my mind; he hadn't shown before. He has been a constant thorn in opposition sides this season.

Was saying to my mate on the way home ,he looks like he is actually learning to be a footballer now rather than just some bloke who can sprint after a ball

can only assume it's down to Lambert and his team ??

Was saying to my mate on the way home ,he looks like he is actually learning to be a footballer now rather than just some bloke who can sprint after a ball

can only assume it's down to Lambert and his team ??

He's developed so much this season. He always brings the ball forwards, rarely loses the ball and nobody can get near him. I love those dribbles he does now looping away from the left wing into the centre of the pitch, driving it forwards. The second half of the season he has been one of a group of essential players. We could do with another Gabby to rotate with Weimann and then we'd have phenomenal options. 

I still look back and can't believe some fans got on his back in the last couple of season's. He was being played out of position and that made his form suffer.

This season, Lambert has let him go back up top as a 'wide' forward and Gabby has been superb. To see a guy who is Villa through-and-through and what it means to him to play for the club is the best thing a fan can get from a player.

Last night, in the second half especially, it was like he had become possessed. The way he chased everything and created chances, it was a big performance from a true Villa legend. As he went off and he came towards the tunnel, the fist pump to the North Stand got a huge cheer, brilliant.

Glad he claimed that record for most Prem goals for the club too, he deserves that.

• Like 1

I have to say. I was incredibly impressed with the way he took his goal. I didn't think he had that level of composure in him. When he was in a similar situation against Stoke he completely messed it up with being indecisive. I wonder if they worked on that  in training after he missed that opportunity? 

After years of being mismanaged, played out of position and having his confidence sapped, it finally looks like we have our boy Gabs back... Which is fantastic because he feels for the club the same way we do... So chuffed he broke Yorkes record and hope he can go on to do a lot more for the club... He IS a Villa legend now, there is no doubt about it...

Â