Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

7 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

The only way I see him playing any part is when Ayew and Gestede are at ACN. Plus it's a long old season, so attrition and injuries may see him take to the bench at times but otherwise I don't see him anywhere near the first team.

Good point, he may have bucked his ideas up by then too and want to prove himself - albeit when they return he can GTFO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

We can't have him in the dressing room, he can be the best paid receptionist BMH has ever had. 

didn't someone post that last season he would turn up to games on his own, leave on his own without staying a second in the changing room or club than he had to?

I have said it before, Gabby is one of the players I would negotiate a settlement with to save a bit in the long run and get him off the books.  I just don't see anyone buying him for obvious reasons.  They will take one look at his goals scored stats and move on. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Surely he could take a loan somewhere like Walsall, we may as well cover it all just to get him out of the club. 

I doubt that he would want to or that they would want him.

He will have no motivation to go anywhere whilst he is still getting paid by us for doing nothing.  

1 hour ago, settle villa said:

Is there any way possible that Gabby could be an asset to us on the pitch this year ?. Be it a change in attitude from him, massive weight loss, him giving 20 grand a week wage to charity etc............ The only reason i ask is, it is pretty clear he is here to stay, so can we make any positive out of this situation whatsoever so it doesnt disrupt the team 1 little bit. 

In a word-  NO. Sorry this is in no way intended as a pop at you or being disrespectful towards you:-)

11 minutes ago, John said:

I doubt that he would want to or that they would want him.

He will have no motivation to go anywhere whilst he is still getting paid by us for doing nothing.  

I have always assumed that playing regular first team football would be (at least a small) motivation for any player.....

Edited by Gary Thomas

36 minutes ago, Richard said:

On what grounds

for being physically unable to train with the first team last season and quite simply not fit to be a professional footballer?? The club confirmed this much themselves. In any other trade it would without a shadow of a doubt be sufficient to sack someone - he was declared unfit to do his job!

52 minutes ago, Dave J said:

In a word-  NO. Sorry this is in no way intended as a pop at you or being disrespectful towards you:-)

If he knuckled down since the incidents last season, got himself fit, showed some pride and passion, i would accept him back and hope he got some goals.

It looks like there's fat chance of that though if he has been sent to train away from the first team. That doesn't just happen because the manager doesn't think he is any good. Gaby is a bit harshly criticised on his ability and he could have been a much better player if he had a better attitude. 

I've not been in support of just paying off people's contracts and never thought it would happen anyway, but I would probably make a exception for Gaby. I think he needs to go.

4 minutes ago, Hughes said:

for being physically unable to train with the first team last season and quite simply not fit to be a professional footballer?? The club confirmed this much themselves. In any other trade it would without a shadow of a doubt be sufficient to sack someone - he was declared unfit to do his job!

It wasn't and isn't.

5 minutes ago, Hughes said:

I am sure if we could have we would have. Too late now anyways.

55 minutes ago, Richard said:

On what grounds

The same grounds we sacked McCleish, Lambert, Sherwood and Garde on?  Not performing to an acceptable standard in their job.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The same grounds we sacked McCleish, Lambert, Sherwood and Garde on?  Not performing to an acceptable standard in their job.

But we had to pay them off. They weren't just sacked.

I am not against us paying Gabby off to get rid of him, but I would prefer to make the **** train at home for the duration of his contract.....

• Like 2

Â