Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

23 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

I do wonder if the fitness issue and this 'fat camp' stuff people have started saying is all just a smoke screen for the real issue behind all this... I mean, he went off to Dubai and got photographed smoking some sort of pipe... Imagine for a second what kind of stuff could have been in that pipe...

Come on... he isn't a fat bastard... He's actually a lot fitter than most of us can imagine.

He hasn't played competitively for us since he came back... Suppose, just for a moment at least, that the real issue here is some kind of drug still in his system. If he got tested after a real live game for us and found to have something nasty in his system, that would bring even more shame on the club.

I think whatever has happened is a total shower of unprofessionalism on his part and is disappointing from somebody who is senior at the club and should be setting an example... I do wonder though if this fitness thing is just being put out there by the club to mask a bigger issue potentially.

No need to flame... I love a good conspiracy theory...

Not wanting to dismiss your conspiracy theory (I love a good one), but the only substance that'll stay in your system this long is Heroin. If my memory serves me right (I do Mandatory Drug Testing as one aspect of my job..) everything else will be untraceable 5 days after taking.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Not wanting to dismiss your conspiracy theory (I love a good one), but the only substance that'll stay in your system this long is Heroin. If my memory serves me right (I do Mandatory Drug Testing as one aspect of my job..) everything else will be untraceable 5 days after taking.

It is also VERY difficult to get that sort of stuff in Dubai. I doubt a player would risk it. Then again the rich kids over their have their little elite circles where anything goes.

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think this is being very deliberately public - it's part of a whole wave of things where the new board have picked up on things that the fans are saying and tried to get on board - he's too big, no matter if it's fat or muscle and he's been dreadful this season, something needed doing with him - that it's being done this way is part of the efforts by the board to get us back on side. A charm offensive of sorts.

Personally, and this isn't a view you hear much of, I hope it works, a fit Gabby at the start of next season would be an asset and it'd also give him a chance to make sure he's remembered in the right way.

OBE with due respect your clutching at straws here, he wasn't this unfit  in the previous 4 seasons and has still been terrible in my opinion. I see nothing to suggest change will take place now or in the future. Time to put this sorry saga to bed l'm afraid

• Like 1

i guess i have a different opinion on drugs, not that i'm in support of them, as i'm not, i don't even smoke, but what i do believe is anyone has a right to make the decisions they make, but its up to their judgement if they think its right or wrong and what sort of example they will set if they are in the public eye, gabby knew what he was doing so must of also knew what sort of feedback he would receive once it was leaked to the media, only a few months ago everyone witnessed grealish-gate when he was lying in the gutter.

now obviously, gabby, being a jack the lad, on holiday, relaxing (granted during a diabolical season) he's entitled to unwind like anyone going on a holiday, if he wants to smoke a pipe that is up to him, providing anything untoward isn't in his system come match day, if he was the sort of person to want light up a spliff straight after a match it wouldn't bother me as long as it didn't affect his ability as a footballer, his chosen profession, and the same would be said for anyone else in any other profession.

i witnessed my colleague being drug tested and sacked because he was a hobbiest drug user of any kind, he openly admitted to it, his problem was that it was still in his system whilst at work when having to operate a fork lift truck.

i'm not defending gabby because he's a fat lazy joke, but having a cheeky smoke on a pipe isn't to blame for this, i blame big johns :-)

Wouldn't shock me that Harry, I really can't see who in the prem would take him apart from West Brom perhaps which would allow him to stay in the Midlands. Maybe Derby as they do seem to be a retirement home for failing Villa players (Warnock, Bent, Carson, Weimann). 

This guy has to go, it's as simple as that, not only is he a terrible footballer, but he's on a monstrous wage which we simply cannot afford in the Championship. The club are very deliberately trying to screw him over, they have been very public about the 'investigation' into his Dubai behaviors and now this, and for once I'm actually backing how this club are operating with respect to this.

Hopefully, they are generating disciplinary grounds to terminate his contract with a level of compensation below what he would have otherwise received. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This guy has to go, it's as simple as that, not only is he a terrible footballer, but he's on a monstrous wage which we simply cannot afford in the Championship. The club are very deliberately trying to screw him over, they have been very public about the 'investigation' into his Dubai behaviors and now this, and for once I'm actually backing how this club are operating with respect to this.

Hopefully, they are generating disciplinary grounds to terminate his contract with a level of compensation below what he would have otherwise received. 

Yes, that's how it seems to me too. The club seem to be publicly and carefully explaining why he's unavailable for selection, giving more information than you'd imagine is strictly necessary. I don't think it'll have escaped anyone's notice that he's on an enormous wage that will be extremely difficult to carry next season, yet he's only scored once this season and has frequently been unavailable for selection due to non-injury-related physical fitness concerns. Engineering a move to the Emirates would probably be best for all concerned at this point. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, that's how it seems to me too. The club seem to be publicly and carefully explaining why he's unavailable for selection, giving more information than you'd imagine is strictly. I don't think it'll have escaped anyone's notice that he's on an enormous wage that will be extremely difficult to carry next season, yet he's only scored once this season and has frequently been unavailable for selection due to non-injury-related physical fitness concerns. Engineering a move to the Emirates would probably be best for all concerned at this point. 

Agreed.

Plus the traditional Dishdash is the perfect clothing for hiding those extra kilos.

omani-traditional-dishdasha.jpg

Now also available in the N'Zogbia design:

dish-dash-leisure-gown.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AndyBM said:

if he was the sort of person to want light up a spliff straight after a match it wouldn't bother me as long as it didn't affect his ability as a footballer, his chosen profession, and the same would be said for anyone else in any other profession.

I agree.  I think as a professional sportsman, his offield behaviour influences his performance more than the average Jo. The fact I'm unfit, overweight and will likely drown a gallon of ale this evening isn't going to affect my performance at work on Monday. Gabby is paid to be althelte, and as such the "odd spliff", the diet, and the professionalism to keep himself fit is part of his job, a job he has failed in for a number of years now. 

Like you say, if like George Best he was performing every Saturday on the pitch no one would care if he decided to go on the piss afterwards, but when your shit on the pitch it stands to reason that people will question how you're behaving of it.  

On 4/16/2016 at 10:32, Harry said:

Some bits of ITK which I have no reason to doubt.

Firstly Gabby has just sold his house in Little Aston, for £3.1m if anyone is interested. Months ago I had been told it was for sale and mentioned it on this thread having found the details on one of the local high end estate agents sites. Someone asked for a link and when I went back to get the link it had disappeared off the site. I assumed it had been taken off the market. Apparently it was on very low profile sale all along. Given that Gabby bought the previous house on that site, had it completely demolished and then build a very impressive pad with a double basement I assume it was the dream house for a local lad made good who was planning to stay in the area.

Secondly the reason Gabby was in trouble when he got back from Dubai was nothing to do with the 'pipe picture'. The flight he chose to take back from there was scheduled to land at Birmingham Airport at 6.30am in the morning and he was planning to go straight to BMH from the airport. Unfortunately the flight was delayed so he was late for training. Not his fault but I understand it was deemed unacceptable to take that flight as even if it had been on time he would not really have been in the best shape to train. Yet more evidence of his lack of a professional attitude maybe?

Thirdly partying was not the only reason he was out in the Middle East. Apparently he was out there to discuss playing there next season. 

I can't vouch for whether all of the above is completely accurate but I do know his next door neighbour who is one of many Villa season ticket holders who have given up in recent years so next time I see him I can check the house situation. If his house is sold that supports the idea he is not expecting to be at Villa next season and I personally could see him going to a 'soft' league to play football for shed loads of money.

Just to add a bit of ITK.

I went to the Football Ramble Live on Friday. There was a guy there who's mate lives in Dubai. This mate is also friends with Gabby.

After the Dubai stuff came out in the papers, this guy who was at the Ramble text his Dubai mate and asked him what he'd got upto with Gabby.

The reply he got back was a video of the Dubai mate and Gabby doing shots :D

I saw the message and the video so looked pretty legit.

• Like 1

His personal problems are certainly staking up behind the scenes. The house sale was a forced move after he split up with his girlfriend (mother to 2 of his children). He's sold it to fund putting a roof over their heads and release cash to buy somewhere for himself.

In the meantime his young niece is seriously ill and Gabby's brother and girlfriend want to take her to Lourdes. The £5,000 cost is being sought through a crowdfunding campaign. Crazy when you imagine Gabby earns that in a day. By all account the little girl was very seriously ill while Gabby was living it up in Dubai. I can't imagine family relations are particularly strong at the moment.

Â