Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Pulis has always rated him and indeed West Brom signed Anchiebe for 6m who's been pretty useless for them so I think we could possibly get 3-4m for him.

As much as I've been a fan of him over the years he's outstayed his welcome here and wouldn't do anything for us in the championship imo so think moving him on is the correct decision from Garde. 

I think he would be a very handy player for us in the championship, or could be, If he was bothered, something he hasn't been since about 2010/11. Since then we've seen a gradual decline in effort and ability to the point it looks as If he doesn't want to be here himself. Its sad, because at times he has shown most of the attributes needed to be a very good striker (pace, power, finishing)* but now the pace is eroding because he bulked up to much, the power is now irrelevant because he cant be bothered to use it & the finishing, well that Sunderland beach ball has scored more than him in the last 5 years.

*the hat trick v city a prime example.

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He'd play him as wide player I'd suggest like he has here for most of the past 4 years here.

I just can't see him moving to WBA though. If Pulis was still at Stoke or even Palace, certainly. 

I think I'd agree with that. 

21 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The papers are all reporting that we'll listen to offers in January.

Dave, are you okay? Dave, drop the champagne and come down from that chandelier!

Well not just yet, not until i see him empty his locker, collect his P45 from the wages clerk and put his car keys on the desk.Only then will l then allow myself a big smile and think to myself finally he's gone. Anyhow OBE you and Doug's silence on GA has been pretty deafening recently, have you come round to my way of thinking finally? :-)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You would be suprised. i do think a few clubs will be interested in him to be honest. This has been coming for a long time. Since he has lost alot of pace his game has become so weak. 

I'll be majorly surprised if anyone wants to buy him, what on earth could he offer to anyone, run fast in a straight line, little else IMO

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Well not just yet, not until i see him empty his locker, collect his P45 from the wages clerk and put his car keys on the desk.Only then will l then allow myself a big smile and think to myself finally he's gone. Anyhow OBE you and Doug's silence on GA has been pretty deafening recently, have you come round to my way of thinking finally? :-)

Never! I'll never turn to the dark side :)

My vote don't count for much though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villarocker said:

To be fair, I heard Spurs are in for him. Apparently, the Groundsman said that Gabby did such a great job of replacing the divots at WHL during that first half earlier in the season that he wants him back on a permanent basis.

Does everyone agree that he should no longer be club captain?

What difference does it make? It's just a total made-up non-job. Like President of Jupiter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I just can't see him moving to WBA though. If Pulis was still at Stoke or even Palace, certainly. 

Why not? Because they would not buy a player from us or because he would not play for a local rival? 

Villa players have moved to them in the past and he has not shown in the way he has performed of late that he is too bothered about playing for us or for anyone else come to think of it,

29 minutes ago, John said:

Why not? Because they would not buy a player from us or because he would not play for a local rival? 

Villa players have moved to them in the past and he has not shown in the way he has performed of late that he is too bothered about playing for us or for anyone else come to think of it,

Their fans wouldn't want him, he'd be a hiding onto nothing there early on if he did his 6 month goal drought routine.

• Like 1

Â