Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I think sherwood is the kind of manager who can get the best out of gabby.

I hope if he does pick gabby it's as a forward.

People please! there is no best of Gabby, what you see is what you get. Give this up please never going to happen. poor footballer period.

We'll see aye?

Yes i believe we will see the end of him sooner rather than later, and not before time IMO.

People please! there is no best of Gabby, what you see is what you get. Give this up please never going to happen. poor footballer period.

We'll see aye?

Yes i believe we will see the end of him sooner rather than later, and not before time IMO.

Does this mean we have already seen the best of Gabby? ;)

We'll see aye?

There never has been or ever will be ' the best of gabby' just always a very poor footballer period. 

• Like 1

Tim sherwood will not cut his nose of to spite his face....

But Gabby will not be allowed to drift through a season with the goal return he has been offering.

I do not subscribe to the theory that he has been played out of position.....he cannot play down the middle because he doesn't score and has not got the ability to wriggle free of attention....so to some degree he is the architect of his own demise.

Gabby has been played to the side of a three......not as an out and out winger like some have suggested.

It will be interesting.....but whatever happens, there will be a change.....it's up to him to rise like a Phoenix or...........

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

But Gabby will not be allowed to drift through a season with the goal return he has been offering.

I do not subscribe to the theory that he has been played out of position.....he cannot play down the middle because he doesn't score and has not got the ability to wriggle free of attention....so to some degree he is the architect of his own demise.

Gabby has been played to the side of a three......not as an out and out winger like some have suggested.

It will be interesting.....but whatever happens, there will be a change.....it's up to him to rise like a Phoenix or...........

Top post - my thoughts precisley

Is he fit for selection on Sat - he does often have a little bubble of goals as we move out of winter..... 

We'll see aye?

There never has been or ever will be ' the best of gabby' just always a very poor footballer period. 

Perfect hat trick against Man City was decent like.

Long time ago now :(

or collapse like a flan in a cupboard...

• Like 3

Reading this thread I'm always surprised to rediscover that he's our third highest goalscorer in the last thirty years - he's done well for himself considering.

In fairness, that last bit is the strangest thing about Gabby - he's got limitations and lots of them, but a lot of people talk about him like he's never done anything for the club when he's actually achieved a huge amount on a personal level, he's been our top scorer in two seasons, he's scored 81 goals, he's made 340 appearances - he's the biggest mystery in Villa history, because apparently he's cack - but he's likely finish amongst the top 15 goal scorers and in the top 15 for appearances made in 140 odd years.

Waster.

I think he has been here longer than the other high goal scorers and made more appearances, and that makes a big difference to the numbers.

Having said that, he was very good for us for a number of seasons, though always hit and miss. But last couple of seasons he looks to me like his best years are behind him. Whether Sherwood can re- galvanise him remains to be seen.

Reading this thread I'm always surprised to rediscover that he's our third highest goalscorer in the last thirty years - he's done well for himself considering.

In fairness, that last bit is the strangest thing about Gabby - he's got limitations and lots of them, but a lot of people talk about him like he's never done anything for the club when he's actually achieved a huge amount on a personal level, he's been our top scorer in two seasons, he's scored 81 goals, he's made 340 appearances - he's the biggest mystery in Villa history, because apparently he's cack - but he's likely finish amongst the top 15 goal scorers and in the top 15 for appearances made in 140 odd years.

Waster.

I think he has been here longer than the other high goal scorers and made more appearances, and that makes a big difference to the numbers.

Having said that, he was very good for us for a number of seasons, though always hit and miss. But last couple of seasons he looks to me like his best years are behind him. Whether Sherwood can re- galvanise him remains to be seen.

He has, and longevity is part of the reason why his numbers are good, but he's still 20 months away from his thirtieth birthday, he's not as old as some people paint him (and he sometimes looks) - I think he's got miles on the clock and I guess that might be showing on this page - but it looks like he might be having a bit of a clean up. 

He's not perfect, he's not pretty to watch sometimes, but I think he's earned a little more respect than he's sometimes been showed - he's a one club, hometown boy with some impressive numbers - he's never really been the star of the team, but he's always been decent - a sort of Villa Steve Perryman or Phil Neal. 

• Like 2

Twatter rumours that he has either done his cruciate or had surgery on his hamstring.

bugger. Might explain why we haven't seen any explosive runs from him this season, he's been carrying whatever is wrong with him for a while.

Really! and what might explain the previous four rubbish seasons? sorry don't mean to sound disrespectful to you, just don't see any value in him as a footballer personally.  

Â