Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I thought he was good today, it was close between him and Sanchez as out best player. In a way it's a pity he misses Sunderland who I think suit him down to the ground as opposition. I think we'll see him back as soon as he's available, perhaps the rest will do him good in the long run.

He was marked easily out of the game at home to Sunderland last season from memory.

Didn't want him starting the two home games in any case.

I thought he was good today, it was close between him and Sanchez as out best player. In a way it's a pity he misses Sunderland who I think suit him down to the ground as opposition. I think we'll see him back as soon as he's available, perhaps the rest will do him good in the long run.

I agree. He was very good today. He will be back in the side against Palace.

I must be one of the few people who were disappointed his red card was rescinded. This guy is is a waste of time in my opinion and i for one are now glad that he misses the next game, although he will probably get lucky again and someone else will pick up a red card, like Benteke did against spurs to let him back in the side for the following game. 

You're not alone. I think he's shit.

• Like 3

I must be one of the few people who were disappointed his red card was rescinded. This guy is is a waste of time in my opinion and i for one are now glad that he misses the next game, although he will probably get lucky again and someone else will pick up a red card, like Benteke did against spurs to let him back in the side for the following game.

You're not alone. I think he's shit.

I think he's shit aswell

• Like 1

Thought he was better today, though he has no touch whatsoever.

That would be because he was dropping very deep and running at the defenders (especially in our 5-3-2 formation in first half). He has pace to burn and little else so it makes sense to try and exploit it.

He had a good game, for Gabby.

Truly a useless player who almost never follows a pass/runs into space and always stands around expecting play to just happen, in fact he's done that more this year than any other.

We might not have any clear improved alternatives but I for one can't wait to see him miss this next game, the quicker he's replaced the better. I've never seen a player with so many potential attributes develop so poorly and learn so slowly, he might be a fan favourite but he's holding us back and stifling our already problematic attack.

• Like 3

I don't think he offers anything defensively so surely Grealish could be a like for like replacement on Sunday?

Grealish's only drawback is his lack of physicality which Gabby is good at, but maybe we'll score from some of the free kicks he draws?

Seriously? I think he's one of the hardest working players in the side, defensively he's absolutely excellent for a striker. I'd prefer goals, but his workmate and tracking back is exemplary.

• Like 2

Good game? yes by his extremely poor standards maybe. I guess if stopping the play midway through the oppositions half and then looking inside for an easy lay off, then yes he had a good game. With the greatest of respect, this guy is supposed to be a striker. Can he beat a player?   not really sometimes he can push the ball past a player and then try and outrun them, but more often than not if he succeeds in doing this, the end product is just not there. Does he really look like scoring goals? can anyone ever realistically see him getting anywhere near 15-20 goals a season?. Does he have a first touch? in my view no, Does he hold the ball up and bring others into the play? again in my view no, in all honesty i fail to see what he does do and this from someone who is supposed to be a top striker. In my humble view we should drop him, how Darren Bent must have felt watching from the bench I will never know.  If only he had been given just half the amount of game time afforded to Gabby, he would most likely be looking at around 5-6 goals by now.  Yes i know that fans will say he's a villan and all this, but at the end of the day, we are all villans on here but that doesn't mean we can play for the club.

• Like 1

Got away from the game pretty sharpish today, parked at the roundabout by Aston Park and was passed by a black Lamborghini Huracan on the M6 northbound. Didn't quite see the driver, it was doing a fair pace but suspect it might have been Gabby. Anyone know what he's driving these days? 

I don't think he offers anything defensively so surely Grealish could be a like for like replacement on Sunday?

Grealish's only drawback is his lack of physicality which Gabby is good at, but maybe we'll score from some of the free kicks he draws?

Seriously? I think he's one of the hardest working players in the side, defensively he's absolutely excellent for a striker. I'd prefer goals, but his workmate and tracking back is exemplary.

A speedy Emile Heskey, then.

• Like 1

Got away from the game pretty sharpish today, parked at the roundabout by Aston Park and was passed by a black Lamborghini Huracan on the M6 northbound. Didn't quite see the driver, it was doing a fair pace but suspect it might have been Gabby. Anyone know what he's driving these days? 

Aston Martin, white!

Pop quiz - Since he was born, only five players have made more appearances than Gabby and only one has scored more goals - who are the big six?

We really have had some dross over the past few years.

What relevance does your comment have?

Â