Aston Villa players in Birmingham nightclub brawl

ryanvilla_1994

On that basis, it appears that your judgement is clouded by a players footballing ability.

Well you are wrong as I've already told you. My view on this has nothing to do with player ability. I don't presume to know how you reach your opinions please don't presume that you are able to know the reasoning behind mine.

How on earth can players justify a night on the lash when we are in the midst of a relegation fight, my only surprise is that Bannan wasn't involved.

The youngsters seem to be living in a drinking culture there have been recent reports involving them and all day sessions

On the clubs part why are they having an awards ceremony this year? They've all been beyond a joke to be fair

How on earth can players justify a night on the lash when we are in the midst of a relegation fight, my only disappointment is that Bannan wasn't involved.

The youngsters seem to be living in England and I just wish there were recent reports involving them and all day sessions

*cough* *innocent whistle*

On the clubs part why are they having an awards ceremony this year? They've all been beyond a joke to be fair
The players WANTED IT CANCELLED because they didn't feel they deserved it. But fans had bought tickets so they went ahead with it. That's why they had it. They KNOW they've been shit.

Anyone still want to solely blame the manager when it seems some players dont care about the club

Didn't MM state on VT a little while ago that there were some poisonous players in our dressing room & McLeish has been tearing his hair out with the lack of team spirit and cliques all season?

Still no one listened just back to bashing the manager.

I still don't think McLeish is a great man motivator, but I do think the team have been hiding behind the hatred for the manager.

I agree Jamaican-Villan - if this were truly sensational - why did it take until Thursday/Friday to come out?

Think it says a lot about the drinking culture in English football when this isn't seen as sensational.

How on earth can players justify a night on the lash when we are in the midst of a relegation fight, my only surprise is that Bannan wasn't involved.

The youngsters seem to be living in a drinking culture there have been recent reports involving them and all day sessions

I hate this attitude.

Really really hate it.

I'm not just picking on you CI, I've seen it a lot.

How can they justify a night on the lash? They're human. If you're having a bad time at work do you lock yourself in your house for the whole year because you don't deserve a night out?

And as BOF said, the players didn't want a ceremony.

And even if they did, what's the big deal? We've been shit but it's just one night out.

The only stupid thing abotu it is it should be after the season has actually finished.

None of this makes the incident excusable. The players should apologies, which they have, and they should be punished, which they have.

I just hate this attitude that footballers aren't allowed to be human beings, especially the attitude that they ARe allowed, but only if the team is performing.

It's just strange. Yes they're role models, and yes they should be more careful than you're everday person. But some people seem to think they should go training, go straight home, and stay in their house until it's time for a match or more training.

No-one in any profession works like that

I hate this attitude.

Really really hate it.

How can they justify a night on the lash? They're human. If you're having a bad time at work do you lock yourself in your house for the whole year because you don't deserve a night out?

And even if they did, what's the big deal? We've been shit but it's just one night out.

The only stupid thing abotu it is it should be after the season has actually finished.

None of this makes the incident excusable. The players should apologies, which they have, and they should be punished, which they have.

I just hate this attitude that footballers aren't allowed to be human beings, especially the attitude that they ARe allowed, but only if the team is performing.

It's just strange. Yes they're role models, and yes they should be more careful than you're everday person. But some people seem to think they should go training, go straight home, and stay in their house until it's time for a match or more training.

this!

if the company you or i worked for was having a crappy time of it, i don't see why we would be expected not to go out and enjoy ourselves if we were off the next day

i think fans get the (mistaken) impression that footballers are all about football, like fans are. that's not the case and, if anything, many of them would rather talk about or worry about anything other than football while they're not training/playing

This will undermine the argument to remove the manager and replace at a cost of around £10m

The players have a lot to answer for this season

Gibberish

Manager responsible for performances on the pitch, and for installing discipline off it.

Manager has brought the club into disrepute with his ineptitude and negativity for the last 9 months, not for 50 seconds outside a night club

Plenty of dead wood in the club needs to go, and Collins and maybe Delph could be amongst them, but the manager must take the blame first, and has to go

Storm in a teacup. Well not even that.

People drink and get in trouble sometimes, it's not a new scenario it's just that everyone has iPhones to broadcoast it seconds later.

I am sure it was even more hopeless back in the days, when people got proper drunk and took a swing at each other.

Too bad it wasn't McPenis, he would have been fired instantly.

I hate this attitude.

Really really hate it.

this!

if the company you or i worked for was having a crappy time of it, i don't see why we would be expected not to go out and enjoy ourselves if we were off the next day

i think fans get the (mistaken) impression that footballers are all about football, like fans are. that's not the case and, if anything, many of them would rather talk about or worry about anything other than football while they're not training/playing

Should professional player's be drinking during the season?, I know the argument is that they are only human but for me they should be tee total at during the season.

Not everyone gets paid £50,000 a week for a job in which they need to look after their body and mind to perform in the right manner.

These are the sort of headlines that were always attributed to other clubs, never Aston Villa.

Since Lerner took control there appears to have been a breakdown in club morals, etiquette and behaviour standards.

Oh well, supposed we better get used to it. It isn't going to change anytime soon.

The club is an absolute disgrace and rotten to the core.

A professional athlete is different to an office or a factory worker. They have a responsibility to the club to be in the best physical shape possible and they are paid exhorbitant amounts in compensation for this requirement. Part of this wage is also compensation for being a 'public' figure. If the prime minister David Cameron was involved in these incidents, he would be rightfully forced to resign. While a footballer is not held to quite the same level of moral rectitude, they are still public ambassadors for their clubs. It would be 'unprofessional' behaviour at any time during the season but with a relegation fight still ongoing, it was highly disrespectful to the club and the fans. In addition, they get virtually two months holidays that start in a couple of weeks time.

Â