Aston Villa players in Birmingham nightclub brawl

ryanvilla_1994

Which halfwit came up with the idea to have the "end of season party" 2 weeks before the end of the season when we're fighting relegation?

One night on the piss and they all of a sudden have a drink problem!!!
If they drink so much that they end up in nightclub fights, then yes, I'd say they DO have a drink problem.

One night of having too much to drink and having a row with someone constitutes them having a drink problem? :?

Yes, I think it does. You can have drink problems without being an alcoholic.

The general usage of the term 'social drinking' seems to have changed - many young people nowadays seem to consider that it includes getting wasted and behaving like an arsehole. I'd say that anyone who thinks that needs to take a long hard look at themselves. Anyone who thinks that AND is supposedly a professional sportsman needs to look twice as hard.

And no, I am not teetotal.

You act like getting pissed and having a fight is a new concept in Britain?? Then blame our young people of the current generation?

I dont seem to remember the Vikings, Romans or any other people who have lived on these lands acting any differently

I didn't say that. And you are quite correct. The British - and specifically, the English - have had this reputation for centuries (Jeremy Paxman's book 'The English' is very good on this).

What I was talking about was what people mean by 'social drinking'. A few beers/wines with your friends at home, in a restaurant or in a pub is how I understand it. Out on the lash in nightclubs (with the likelihood of aggro, especially if you are some sort of 'face') is a different ball game.

True.

Collins definetly needs to sort himself out though.

Which halfwit came up with the idea to have the "end of season party" 2 weeks before the end of the season when we're fighting relegation?

Same person stupid enough to hired Mcleish :lol:

The players are responsible for their own actions. Why is it they feel the need to cause a ruckus? In this day and age this sort of behaviour is going to be filmed or in the public eye because you're professional footballers. Stupidity of the highest order and draws more negative publicity. Collins should have known better as should Herd and Delph. It's pathetic. Have a drink fine. But don't get so drunk to the point you're aggressive.

Mostly any prem football club, it is general practice to have it with about two or so matches to go. Maybe you have just failed to take notice in the past?

Standard nothing incident being blown out of all proportion.

Obviously shouldn't happen, and they're right to be fined and have to apologise.

But it's a non story. Imo.

Standard nothing incident being blown out of all proportion.

Obviously shouldn't happen, and they're right to be fined and have to apologise.

But it's a non story. Imo.

We are hardly a popular club with the media. Yet, certain players show a lack of common sense and give them an excuse to make a small incident national news. Great preparation for Spurs eh?

Mostly any prem football club, it is general practice to have it with about two or so matches to go. Maybe you have just failed to take notice in the past?

I guess so, still think it's an absolutely moronic idea. And given our current situation it should have been postponed til after the season.

Great preparation for Spurs eh?

I'd say so, Attack Attack Attack!

I'm just shocked Collins wasn't hoofing the door window. I'm sure if Delph tried to join in, his kicks would have been misplaced and wayward.

Much less of a story than the Carew incident, as we were actually a good team at the time that was quickly forgotten. In fact it proved to advance his cult standing with the fans, despite the fact he was out less than 24 hours before a big European game

The stories and quotes of an 'apology' from each of them is an absolute load of bollocks in my opinion, especially where they say 'sorry' to us the fans.

I don't feel like I've received an apology from any of them by simply reading an article on the Villa website for example. These 'apologies' are no doubt scripted and probably bulked up with a few extra choice words of remorse by the individual preparing the article to go live on the website.

I'd feel more forgiving if the three of them apologised over the loudspeaker at Villa Park on Sunday.

Would be nice to se them show that amount of fighting spirit during the games. Maybe alcohol is the answer?

Popeye needs his spinach and Collins needs his alcohol

I don't feel like I've received an apology from any of them by simply reading an article on the Villa website for example.

If it's any consolation, I don't feel that you or I are entitled to one. So take what you get, as it were.

It says £6m on Delph's Wiki page, which is still a decent amount of money mind. I would be inclined to give Delph one final season to prove himself. We won't get much if we shipped him out now, so what is there to lose by giving one more chance under a new more attack minded manager?

It says £6m on Delph's Wiki page, which is still a decent amount of money mind. I would be inclined to give Delph one final season to prove himself. We won't get much if we shipped him out now, so what is there to lose by giving one more chance under a new more attack minded manager?

He'll probably be injured, very injury prone player who has looked out of depth in the PL.

but people like Dunne, Collins, Ireland and the rest of them - is it really too much to ask for them to wait a couple of weeks before they go out on the piss/late nights whilst they pick up £50,000 a week for the privledge to ensure they are in peak medical condition for the tough challenge they are facing?

What has Ireland done wrong?

I'm just shocked Collins wasn't hoofing the door window. I'm sure if Delph tried to join in, his kicks would have been misplaced and wayward.

:crylaugh::crylaugh:

Hopefully Mcleish can tell Herd to treat each midfielder as if they were a door who has pissed him off.

Â