Aston Villa players in Birmingham nightclub brawl

ryanvilla_1994

I just hate this attitude that footballers aren't allowed to be human beings, especially the attitude that they ARe allowed, but only if the team is performing.

It's just strange. Yes they're role models, and yes they should be more careful than you're everday person. But some people seem to think they should go training, go straight home, and stay in their house until it's time for a match or more training.

No-one in any profession works like that

Not everyone gets paid £50,000 a week for a job in which they need to look after their body and mind to perform in the right manner.

anyone in a 50k a week job needs to look after their body and mind to perform in the right manner, sportsman or otherwise

I just hate this attitude that footballers aren't allowed to be human beings, especially the attitude that they ARe allowed, but only if the team is performing.

It's just strange. Yes they're role models, and yes they should be more careful than you're everday person. But some people seem to think they should go training, go straight home, and stay in their house until it's time for a match or more training.

Not everyone gets paid £50,000 a week for a job in which they need to look after their body and mind to perform in the right manner.

anyone in a 50k a week job needs to look after their body and mind to perform in the right manner, sportsman or otherwise

Apparently not the likes of James Collins.

While a footballer is not held to quite the same level of moral rectitude, they are still public ambassadors for their clubs. It would be 'unprofessional' behaviour at any time during the season but with a relegation fight still ongoing, it was highly disrespectful to the club and the fans. In addition, they get virtually two months holidays that start in a couple of weeks time.

i call bullshit on all this

football is their job, they're paid to train and perform on the pitch. the media has attached the other stuff to it, and i don't believe for one second that any player is a public ambassador, or needs to be considered "working" at any time other than while training, at their club, or attending an event on behalf of the club, no more than i am considered to be "working" in my role in work if i decide to have a few beers some evening

Apparently not the likes of James Collins.

but he was off work the next day and didnt have a match for 5 days?

but he was off work the next day and didnt have a match for 5 days?

And why was he off work? Rest. He's supposed to be resting to ensure he is fit for an important game.

Not recovering from the piss up the night before.

These are the sort of headlines that were always attributed to other clubs, never Aston Villa.

Since Lerner took control there appears to have been a breakdown in club morals, etiquette and behaviour standards.

Oh well, supposed we better get used to it. It isn't going to change anytime soon.

The club is an absolute disgrace and rotten to the core.

It's all Randy's fault!

FLOL!!

And why was he off work? Rest. He's supposed to be resting to ensure he is fit for an important game.

Not recovering from the piss up the night before.

how do you know he was drunk?

While a footballer is not held to quite the same level of moral rectitude, they are still public ambassadors for their clubs. It would be 'unprofessional' behaviour at any time during the season but with a relegation fight still ongoing, it was highly disrespectful to the club and the fans. In addition, they get virtually two months holidays that start in a couple of weeks time.

i call bullshit on all this

football is their job, they're paid to train and perform on the pitch. the media has attached the other stuff to it, and i don't believe for one second that any player is a public ambassador, or needs to be considered "working" at any time other than while training, at their club, or attending an event on behalf of the club, no more than i am considered to be "working" in my role in work if i decide to have a few beers some evening

If the 'media' has attached all the other stuff and you don't believe that any player is a public ambassador then, based on your logic, the fines levied upon the players for this misadventure are totally illegal and should be repaid immediately.

But some people seem to think they should go training, go straight home, and stay in their house until it's time for a match or more training

From one extreme to another.

Is it really too much to ask them to behave themselves on a night out?

The players have let us down this season on and off the pitch for multiple reasons.

based on your logic, the fines levied upon the players for this misadventure are totally illegal and should be repaid immediately.

correct

So there is no possibility that their poor behaviour a few nights ago is a breach of any terms written into their contracts?

I'd say every player signs a contract that states they are representing the club at all times and that any behaviour that damages the image of AVFC is liable for punishment. So while P3te is right that they're not 'working' at 2:45, they are still employees of a club that they are representing. So, no, I don't think any fines are illeegal.

based on your logic, the fines levied upon the players for this misadventure are totally illegal and should be repaid immediately.

correct

So there is no possibility that their poor behaviour a few nights ago is a breach of any terms written into their contracts?

if it is it really shouldn't be

But some people seem to think they should go training, go straight home, and stay in their house until it's time for a match or more training

From one extreme to another.

Is it really too much to ask them to behave themselves on a night out?

Thats a fair point DVIN but none of us know what happened in that club. Its sometimes very easy to take this view or say they should turn a blind eye. But what if it was racial, what if it was something about Petrov, what if one of them was punched by some dickhead or the bouncers decided to get heavy handed as bouncers sometimes do.

Its not a good representation of the club but I'm not going to take the moral high ground over something I dont fully know about.

And for those saying McGrath never did anything like this, well thats an amazing conclusion to come to given they have no idea what he did or didnt do. Players werent anywhere near scrutinised like they are today, there were no camera phones and cctv was no where near as prevalent.

Whether they were tucked up in bed or smashed out of their minds on Monday night its not going to effect their performance for a match on Sunday, they'll be shit anyway.

correct

Well if it is the players agreed to it by signing the contract. Maybe they were mesmerised by the size of the pay cheque that they would be getting and didn't read the rest of the contract.

correct

Good point

I think it is safe to say that being a footballer is not the same as being a tax attorney or a busdriver when it comes to contractual obligations.

They represent the club at all times, every move they make is scrutinized. And they are never off the clock, which is also part of why they are paid so much.

Because they have fans, millions of people know who they are and thus it is the norm to be fined when acting out. Try bringing that to Human Resources dep.

I love it how so many villa fans are defending them over this... and they're the same people who refer to Lee Hendrie at a pr*ck and everything else- he was no different to this lot.

I'm a pretty heavy drinker, drink most days of the week and would describe myself as 'pissed' at least once a week- and I've given up the sauce for the next month as I've got my final uni exams and want a fresh head.

And I certianly don't recieve thousands of punds a week in encouragement to do that.

The ring leaders are still at the club and the biggest mistake was not getting rid in the summer . AM hasn't changed them and yet I know he feels like Houllier did about them . It was always going to happen an absolute disgrace to the club

Â