Aston Villa players in Birmingham nightclub brawl

ryanvilla_1994

Why is Collins always involved? If was Dunne people be on here asking him to be sacked

You would be hard pushed to find anyone with a lower opinion of Dunne as a player than me on here but had this been him I wouldn't have been calling for him to be sacked. I would have been saying it was time to try and get rid of him in the summer which is what I've said about Collins on the back of this latest incident.

I'm realistic to know players are never going to be sacked for this sort of thing and neither should they be but at the same time I don't want players with this sort of attitude at the club.

That goes for Collins, Dunne and Bannan and anyone else who is incapable of staying out of the headlines for their drunken antics.

To be fair, whilst they should know better than to be there none of us know the full story? Anything could have happened to start it? What about if some clearings in the woods inside had started taunting them about Petrovs illness or touching their girlfriend/wife? There are lots of vile things people could say that would get that reaction out of me?

100% this. something clearly happened inside the club which Herd reacted to. Not the first hot headed Aussie that's played for the Villa and until the full facts are known we should keep an open mind. Delph was acknowledged as the peacemaker so why should he be vilified on here?

It pisses me off that so-called professional athletes are drinking alcohol at all.

edwardnortonclosinglapt.gif

Ha, my first shutting laptop.

I genuinely believe this though, I don't understand the dependence and need to be drinking that people have?

It will f@ck your body up, especially at the rate Collins seems to knock it back. Probably why the guy looks about 50 when he's actually in his 20's.

Give it up and you could add another five years to your career. I honestly believe that.

Sensationalist bull $hit blown up by the mail which is notoriously and historically anti Villa and pro Blues. Never read it, not even the poorly designed advert strewn website.

Saying that, footballers are targets, and these boys shouldn't have put themselves in the firing line.

I don't want players with this sort of attitude at the club.

Innit. Out getting lashed while the real possibility of relegation looms, just pathetic IMO.

Footballers are not nuns, no, but when it comes to the business end of a disgracefully poor season, you'd expect them to pull their **** fingers out

It pisses me off that so-called professional athletes are drinking alcohol at all.

I genuinely believe this though, I don't understand the dependence and need to be drinking that people have?

It will f@ck your body up, especially at the rate Collins seems to knock it back. Probably why the guy looks about 50 when he's actually in his 20's.

Give it up and you could add another five years to your career. I honestly believe that.

:D

Thats fair enough and i agree that maybe not drinking at all would extend their career maybe. But come on, Herd is what 22? Everyone is allowed a drink and they also had the next day off. As long as they are not drinking every day then i really dont see a problem.

I assume you are T total? Not that that matters in the slightest, just wondered.

whilst you are right to a degree, i think it depends on what type of player you are. socrates and cruyff used to smoke 40 cigs a day throughout their careers. it's true the game is quicker now but cruyff would have been a fuckign genius in any age.

if you're a pro that has to work very hard to get the most out of your talent in order to be at a compettive level then yeah, you are prob best not drinking or smoking if you want a long career at a decent level. if your game does not rely on pace and physicality (the type of players pretty much out of fashion at the mo, but think messi, silva, nasri, zola etc. etc.) then i don't see why you have to be anything but in shape enough to get through 90 minutes in a way that when the clock says 89 you are capable of doing your stuff.

i'm not advocating that our players should be out getting spannered on a daily basis but it's not as black and white as you make out for me. a player like gabby will need ot be treating his body like a temple and not just not be drinkgin and smoking but be employing a top dietition to make sure that he's eating in a way that complements his training etc. if he wants to stay lightning fast past 28 years old.

on the other hand, someone like merson could probably have played with a fag on and still been better than most ;)

Players with this sort of attitude Ash? What attitude? :?

It was their end of season do, more than 48 hours till their next match. I really am struggling to see what the problem is with them having a drink? Yes, i agree that the kicking off bit was not good, but we dont know what has gone on inside the club.

I agree with you. I don't understand the obsession with alcohol the World seems to have, but especially when you're a professional football during the season. If it was June/July I wouldn't care as much but I still wouldn't like it. It's not that difficult to go without drinking.

As for Delph's "apology", pathetic.

whilst you are right to a degree, i think it depends on what type of player you are. socrates and cruyff used to smoke 40 cigs a day throughout their careers. it's true the game is quicker now but cruyff would have been a fuckign genius in any age.

if you're a pro that has to work very hard to get the most out of your talent in order to be at a compettive level then yeah, you are prob best not drinking or smoking if you want a long career at a decent level. if your game does not rely on pace and physicality (the type of players pretty much out of fashion at the mo, but think messi, silva, nasri, zola etc. etc.) then i don't see why you have to be anything but in shape enough to get through 90 minutes in a way that when the clock says 89 you are capable of doing your stuff.

i'm not advocating that our players should be out getting spannered on a daily basis but it's not as black and white as you make out for me. a player like gabby will need ot be treating his body like a temple and not just not be drinkgin and smoking but be employing a top dietition to make sure that he's eating in a way that complements his training etc. if he wants to stay lightning fast past 28 years old.

on the other hand, someone like merson could probably have played with a fag on and still been better than most ;)

There was also this bloke, decent player, he actually played for us and had an ok career.

Think his name was Paul something? Paul McGraph was it? :winkold:

I agree with you. I don't understand the obsession with alcohol the World seems to have, but especially when you're a professional football during the season. If it was June/July I wouldn't care as much but I still wouldn't like it. It's not that difficult to go without drinking.

As for Delph's "apology", pathetic.

You make them sound like alcoholics!!! One night on the piss and they all of a sudden have a drink problem!!!

Maybe they like a drink, its not against the law and its not breaking their contract and not the night before a match.

It was their end of season do, more than 48 hours till their next match. I really am struggling to see what the problem is with them having a drink? Yes, i agree that the kicking off bit was not good, but we dont know what has gone on inside the club.

I don't have an issue with players drinking, I applaud the likes of Milner that don't but I'm realistic enough to accept that others will choose to drink and fair enough that is their choice.

What I don't accept is players being out getting pissed and fighting or as it appears in that video damaging public or private property.

I don't want players who appear to be more bothered about having a beer than playing the game which they are paid to play and that for me is particularly true of Collins who always seems to be in the thick of any incidents.

Our Premier League future is still undecided and we've players behaving like this.

I don't expect everyone to have the same view as me and I'm not saying that my view is correct simply offering my personal stance. Personally I would like to see professional players at the club with professional attitudes to the game.

I like players like Milner and Petrov, the likes of Collins I personally would rather see on the pitch and in the papers representing someone else.

Much a do about nothing. Just confirms my views on the modern footballer.

When I saw the word 'brawl' I expected Collins to be involved.

When I saw the word 'brawl' I was expecting there to be a brawl! Did I miss something?

It was over before it began and it looks like the Mail had to loop it twice just to make it longer than a few seconds.

Still it's not like the media to put an exagerated spin on things, is it?

Yup it was blown out of all proportion by all the press.

However blame is with the players. They shouldn't have put themselves in that position.

I agree. They were stupid to have got wound up but whilst most of us fans like to think the players are all asleep by 9pm in readiness for the game in a few days time, I expect many players from all clubs enjoy similar nights out.

I don't see this incident as place to comment on which player(s) shouldn't play for the club; it's not serious enough to rank higher than football reasons.

They (it could be argued that it was just Herd), behaved inappropriately for a few seconds but no one was hurt. They've now had a warning and paid a fine to charity. Hopefully we can all move on. :)

I don't have an issue with players drinking, I applaud the likes of Milner that don't but I'm realistic enough to accept that others will choose to drink and fair enough that is their choice.

What I don't accept is players being out getting pissed and fighting or as it appears in that video damaging public or private property.

I don't want players who appear to be more bothered about having a beer than playing the game which they are paid to play and that for me is particularly true of Collins who always seems to be in the thick of any incidents.

Our Premier League future is still undecided and we've players behaving like this.

I don't expect everyone to have the same view as me and I'm not saying that my view is correct simply offering my personal stance. Personally I would like to see professional players at the club with professional attitudes to the game.

I like players like Milner and Petrov, the likes of Collins I personally would rather see on the pitch and in the papers representing someone else.

Thats fair enough mate, but i think its wrong to assume that thay're more bothered about having a beer than playing the game.

You make them sound like alcoholics!!! One night on the piss and they all of a sudden have a drink problem!!!

well Collins does have previous in fairness. Only surprise he wasnt with Bannan and Dunne

Maybe they like a drink, its not against the law and its not breaking their contract and not the night before a match.

Ha, not at all.

I just think it's unprofessional to drink during the season, that's my opinion. They've plenty of time to drink when they retire as millionnaires in their mid-30s!

But if this is the kind of behaviour that happens, then I don't want them at my club, it puts us in a very bad light.

Â