Aston Villa players in Birmingham nightclub brawl

ryanvilla_1994

The most amazing thing is that they apparently were NOT drunk when they kicked off. If they behave like that when sober, what the hell would they do if they had smelt the barmiads apron.

I am ashamed to be a fan of this once great club right now.

The rest of this country is sat back laughing at us and I know that a lot of people would be delighted to see us go down.

These 3 players should all be **** off ASAP. In a season where the manager, the board and the players have put in about 30%, to go out and heap even more shame onto themselves, the fans and the club is totally unacceptable. It may be 'something of nothing' but if these 3 idiots don't realize how much scrutiny a modern day 'professional (I use the term very loosely) footballer' come under in every aspect of their life's, then they need to grow up and take accountability.

I hope none of these 3 have kids?

What a **** shambles.

What a massive over reaction!

It wouldn't even be mentioned in a newspaper if they weren't footballers. Similar things happen hundreds of times a night in this country. A case of handbags if I ever saw one.

So it's socially acceptable then?

Did I say it was?

I said it wasn't newsworthy, it was an absolutely nothing incident outside a nightclub. I see shit like that every day

it shouldnt be newsworthy, but fact of the matter is that these instances DO make the news. play it down all you like saying you see things like this every day (dont know what sort of clubs you hang out in by the way!) but herd kicking the nightclub door as insignificant as it was probably would have had him arrested had the police turned up. its just bad press that villa dont need right now

Funny how everyone is to blame but MON. For the record, I think everyone is to blame, including Saint Martin himself.
The idea that Martin O'Neill is responsible for Herd, Delph and Collins getting pissed on Tuesday morning in the small hours and kicking a nightclub door in is, I think, one of the most ludicrous claims ever made on this site, which has created its own art form of ludicrous claims about MON! :lol:

Handbags ? My arse

The players are the face of Aston Villa

Quite right, and moreover; they are supposed to be professional athletes getting paid ridicoulous amounts of money to perform in their sport. They are not some average Joe or someone you should "see doing the same every weekend on every main street of the UK". The comparison to you znd me is baffling. Some of the reactions on here is the exact reason why England will never win the European or World Championship: too many of "you guys" (including too many of English / British players) quite simply do not understand what it takes to be the best.

Funny how everyone is to blame but MON. For the record, I think everyone is to blame, including Saint Martin himself.
The idea that Martin O'Neill is responsible for Herd, Delph and Collins getting pissed on Tuesday morning in the small hours and kicking a nightclub door in is, I think, one of the most ludicrous claims ever made on this site, which has created its own art form of ludicrous claims about MON! :lol:
Oh come on, MON only left about two years ago. He is clearly partly to blame for these disgraceful acts.

Either way, I couldnt care less who is to blame. There a damn disgrace just like anyone would be who was displaying that behaviour. Just another turn of the 'quickly losing interest in this game/club' cog for me.

An embarrassment to their captain.

Immature prats, but then again, who cares? Footballers aren't paid to behave like saints. Loads of players do this sort of thing all the time. The only difference here is that this particular incident happens to have been caught on video.

Oh, and Gatecrasher is shit.

Either I missed something on the video clip or some VTers are over reacting.

It is correct that the players have been warned, fined and have apologised. Charities have actually gained. It's time to stop beating ourselves up about this.

storm_in_a_teacup.jpg

Immature prats, but then again, who cares? Footballers aren't paid to behave like saints. Loads of players do this sort of thing all the time. The only difference here is that this particular incident happens to have been caught on video.
...at a time when the club are in danger of relegation.

The ring leaders are still at the club and the biggest mistake was not getting rid in the summer . AM hasn't changed them and yet I know he feels like Houllier did about them . It was always going to happen an absolute disgrace to the club
Somehow I doubt that. McLeish appears very fond of the likes of Warnock, Dunne and Collins. I can't see him shipping them out even if he could.

You honestly couldn't be more wrong on that point . If he stays 2 for definate will go out of those 3 and all 3 if he can get a buyer

The trouble with trying to get rid of these three is the stupid wages they are on. It will be interesting to see if MON wants them at Sunderland as he bought them. Somehow I doubt it.

How are Randy and Houllier to blame for this but MON isn't?

...at a time when the club are in danger of relegation.

Doesn't help, but deep down we all know 90% of pro footballers are tools anyway.

Oh, and Gatecrasher is shit.

Kind of sums up my earlier point. Who cares? I guess we should, shouldn't we? Do you honestly think Collins performs to be best of his potential being, some say, a pisshead? At least I care about that. Loads of players do this all the time? Really? Maybe some of the second and third best do. Are ManU players doing "this" "all the time"? Arsenal? Surely not. Best teams act in a professional manner. We don't. One reason why we are where we are. Absolutely not the only reason, but definately one of them.

Â