Aston Villa players in Birmingham nightclub brawl

ryanvilla_1994

Delph's apology is funny! He basically apologises but then tried to justify that he did nothing.
When an apology is that half-baked I think it's better to issue no apology at all. It seems clear from the wording that none of them really believe they did anything wrong.

There's the suggestion of some incident occurring inside the club. The apologies should either be unreserved and not reference this at all, or there should be no apology issued (from Delph and Collins at least) in an attempt to silently communicate the fact that the players were provoked. This kind of mealy-mouthed half-apology from all of them just makes them look stroppy on all fronts. Waste of words.

I don't want players with this sort of attitude at the club.

Players with this sort of attitude Ash? What attitude? :?

It was their end of season do, more than 48 hours till their next match. I really am struggling to see what the problem is with them having a drink? Yes, i agree that the kicking off bit was not good, but we dont know what has gone on inside the club.

I don't have an issue with players drinking, I applaud the likes of Milner that don't but I'm realistic enough to accept that others will choose to drink and fair enough that is their choice.

What I don't accept is players being out getting pissed and fighting or as it appears in that video damaging public or private property.

I don't want players who appear to be more bothered about having a beer than playing the game which they are paid to play and that for me is particularly true of Collins who always seems to be in the thick of any incidents.

Our Premier League future is still undecided and we've players behaving like this.

I don't expect everyone to have the same view as me and I'm not saying that my view is correct simply offering my personal stance. Personally I would like to see professional players at the club with professional attitudes to the game.

I like players like Milner and Petrov, the likes of Collins I personally would rather see on the pitch and in the papers representing someone else.

Thats fair enough mate, but i think its wrong to assume that thay're more bothered about having a beer than playing the game.

Well we don't know either way but when you see incidents like this when we are fighting for our PL survival its hard not to reach that conclusion.

...the likes of Collins I personally would rather see on the pitch and in the papers representing someone else.

Fair enough, but it's interesting that you highlighted Collins (when it appears he did little wrong in this instance), rather than the young, promising Herd. Is some of that based on footballing reasons rather than this relatively minor incident or one in the past? For example, amongst many others over the years, do you think McGrath should not have played for Villa?

Herd's a fiery **** aint he! :D

too right, i think this incident has made me like him more. Shame the Aussie can't handle his beer lol.

This is all getting blown out of proportion.

I think the actual incident last around 15 seconds, and there seems to be 2 people filming it on two seperate cameras.

I reckon the door man was a bloser and stitched em up. Lol.

You make them sound like alcoholics!!! One night on the piss and they all of a sudden have a drink problem!!!

Maybe they like a drink, its not against the law and its not breaking their contract and not the night before a match.

Ha, not at all.

I just think it's unprofessional to drink during the season, that's my opinion. They've plenty of time to drink when they retire as millionnaires in their mid-30s!

But if this is the kind of behaviour that happens, then I don't want them at my club, it puts us in a very bad light.

Im sure this sort of thing goes on all the time at other clubs, not just at Villa.

I agree mate that once they retire they can squander their millions as they please, but it was their end of season do.

FWIW i agree that Collins does seem to drink alot mare then the rest from stories ive heard.

Let me ask, if you was out with your mates on a Friday night and got pissed and ended having a bit of handbags, would you expect disciplinery actions when you got to work on Monday morning?

...the likes of Collins I personally would rather see on the pitch and in the papers representing someone else.

Fair enough, but it's interesting that you highlighted Collins (when it appears he did little wrong in this instance), rather than the young, promising Herd. Is some of that based on footballing reasons rather than this relatively minor incident or one in the past? For example, amongst many others over the years, do you think McGrath should not have played for Villa?

While Mcgrath was a drinker, these sort of incidents didn't follow him around like Collins.

I don't want players with this sort of attitude at the club.

Players with this sort of attitude Ash? What attitude? :?

It was their end of season do, more than 48 hours till their next match. I really am struggling to see what the problem is with them having a drink? Yes, i agree that the kicking off bit was not good, but we dont know what has gone on inside the club.

I don't have an issue with players drinking, I applaud the likes of Milner that don't but I'm realistic enough to accept that others will choose to drink and fair enough that is their choice.

What I don't accept is players being out getting pissed and fighting or as it appears in that video damaging public or private property.

I don't want players who appear to be more bothered about having a beer than playing the game which they are paid to play and that for me is particularly true of Collins who always seems to be in the thick of any incidents.

Our Premier League future is still undecided and we've players behaving like this.

I don't expect everyone to have the same view as me and I'm not saying that my view is correct simply offering my personal stance. Personally I would like to see professional players at the club with professional attitudes to the game.

I like players like Milner and Petrov, the likes of Collins I personally would rather see on the pitch and in the papers representing someone else.

Thats fair enough mate, but i think its wrong to assume that thay're more bothered about having a beer than playing the game.

Well we don't know either way but when you see incidents like this when we are fighting for our PL survival its hard not to reach that conclusion.

Come on Ash, it was their end of season do and no where near their/our next match.

I highlight Collins because he has previous nothing more or less and its nothing to do with footballing reasons. To my knowledge this is the first time Herd has been involved in such an incident, if it wasn't I would have a different view.

I knew it was only a matter of time until someone raised McGrath and I understand why you have but McGrath was a very different situation. Sure he let the club down on occasions when he went 'missing' and I never ever defended him when he did.

The difference with McGrath is he had a drink problem, he was an alcoholic who would from time to time lose control. He wasn't out fighting, drink driving or behaving in a way that brought shame on him or the club.

In my opinion there is a big difference between McGrath and the players involved in incidents like this. Again I don't expect everyone to agree but that is my view, its nothing to do with players abilities.

One night on the piss and they all of a sudden have a drink problem!!!
If they drink so much that they end up in nightclub fights, then yes, I'd say they DO have a drink problem.

While Mcgrath was a drinker, these sort of incidents didn't follow him around like Collins.

We live in a world where we know much much more about what goes on and then we see it all on mobile phone cameras...

If they drink so much that they end up in nightclub fights, then yes, I'd say they DO have a drink problem.

One night of having too much to drink and having a row with someone constitutes them having a drink problem? :?

It's been a long time since this club gave us anything to cheer about. A nothing incident, but entirely typical of the state of affairs at this club at the moment.

Presumably they couldn't wait a few more weeks until the end of the season to go out drinking.

It's not as if they had anything to be celebrating. It's just another kick in the teeth and an example of how these footballers do not have any empathy or connection with the fans these days. I look at the squad we have now and I could count on the fingers of one hand the players who I actually think might be a decent bloke. Someone who actually enjoys playing the game and does it because of that and not because of the money. Cuellar, Petrov (both of whom may not be playing for us next season) and ironically I did think Herd. Weimann comes over as a decent enough chap too, but people like Dunne, Collins, Ireland and the rest of them - is it really too much to ask for them to wait a couple of weeks before they go out on the piss/late nights whilst they pick up £50,000 a week for the privledge to ensure they are in peak medical condition for the tough challenge they are facing?

Ignoring the manager for the moment, this has been one of my biggest issues with Villa this season and I look at most of the squad and think they are pricks. It's not just a Villa thing - it's a football thing. Of course it's because of money - these young players have gone through their life with cash from an early age and nobody ever saying "No to them. They are used to getting their own way and doing what they want. Boundaries get blurred. And now players considered as 'senior' are those that were the first generation of these players with cash and everything their own way. So we have prats like John Terry, Jermaine Pennant and to a smaller degree, James Collins.

Get rid.

Delph's apology is funny! He basically apologises but then tried to justify that he did nothing.
When an apology is that half-baked I think it's better to issue no apology at all. It seems clear from the wording that none of them really believe they did anything wrong.

There's the suggestion of some incident occurring inside the club. The apologies should either be unreserved and not reference this at all, or there should be no apology issued (from Delph and Collins at least) in an attempt to silently communicate the fact that the players were provoked. This kind of mealy-mouthed half-apology from all of them just makes them look stroppy on all fronts. Waste of words.

Delph's apology basically says "I apologise for having done nothing wrong at all" :lol:

One night of having too much to drink and having a row with someone constitutes them having a drink problem? :?

The first stage is to admit you have a problem, wiggy!!! :winkold:

The first stage is to admit you have a problem, wiggy!!! :winkold:

Never!!! :D

Â