General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I am being told to expect twists and turns and the unexpected whatever that means :?:

That would have to include Solskjær somehow since he's the only name we know.

Some temporary appointment then Solskjær comes in january or next season?

Or big Ron is on his way back with Dalian Atkinson as his number 2.

Stuff:-

1.As far as I can redknap hasn't entered the villa betting at all.

2.Lambert - whether he is on a 1 year contract - or 1 year rolling contract - the amount we have to pay norwich - is within our means - its probably about what we paid for mcleish. So shouldn't be the difference between him coming or not.

Its warming up nicley - sadly of the linked managers - the highest ranked one I can see us getting is Poyet - though I would like lambert - i just don't see R

andy and Faulkner playing hardball with Norwich.

He was into 5/1 about an hour ago on betfair but thankfully on the drift again. Only takes one decent size bet to move him in to that.

What is he now then ? - I don't see him listed at all ?

I am being told to expect twists and turns and the unexpected whatever that means :?:

That would have to include Solskjær somehow since he's the only name we know.

Some temporary appointment then Solskjær comes in january or next season?

No, i think OGS is long gone now. It's so risky putting a temporary manager in and change everything mid way.

:thumb:

2.Lambert - whether he is on a 1 year contract - or 1 year rolling contract - the amount we have to pay norwich - is within our means - its probably about what we paid for mcleish. So shouldn't be the difference between him coming or not.

Its warming up nicley - sadly of the linked managers - the highest ranked one I can see us getting is Poyet - though I would like lambert - i just don't see R

andy and Faulkner playing hardball with Norwich.

He was into 5/1 about an hour ago on betfair but thankfully on the drift again. Only takes one decent size bet to move him in to that.

What is he now then ? - I don't see him listed at all ?

35/1 he is mixed up with the 1000/1's as he just jumped into the betting

I will be very, very, very, very, very, very surprised if Moyes would want to come to us.
Total over-reaction. I'd only be very, very, very, very, very surprised.

Take it or leave it:-

A lot of the players think its going to be Lambert.

No absuse in the inbox please.

Do you know/is friends with a lot of them? Or why do you reckon that?

It's weird with Rodgers because he's just signed Sigurðsson. The reason Sigurðsson joined Swansea in the first place was because of Rodgers so I think he must have given him some sort of promise that he would be staying at the club. Therefore I don't see Rodgers to Liverpool happening (even though it would be a huge step up for him).

Posted similar earlier. I'm bemused where this link is coming from for Rodgers to Liverpool. There's absolutely no logic behind it.

Take it or leave it:-

A lot of the players think its going to be Lambert.

No absuse in the inbox please.

So do one or two not on the playing staff as well by the way.

I will be very, very, very, very, very, very surprised if Moyes would want to come to us.

That has NEVER been the problem... - there is however the question of the club that he would be leaving to consider

and the fact that he might just want them to be sorted out happily before moving on.

Can I add one of these? :!:

The players don't have a clue anyway.

They were only following Big Eck's instructio... oh you mean about the new manager. Gotcha :thumb:

We have got more of a chance of getting AVB than we do OGS.

OGS wanted to come and we stalled.

AVB i doubt would want to come to villa. love to be wrong, but i can't see it somehow.

FWIW I hope it is Lambert. Seems a bit boring after the OGS saga but really, he's the best man for the job to get us instant results and steer us away from relegation.

Though, in the long run, I think someone like Martinez/OGS/Poyet would be better for the club if things go well. But that's a risk.