General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I mentioned this to a Spurs mate of mine about 10 days ago actually and his response was "you can have him, the teams always die off during march anyway!"

I think Spurts fans believe Jose is destined for them

I read this morning somewhere and i can't mind were that AVB was being linked to them. Thought it strange as they had 'ur Harry'

here probably

Mine was just a general point on the discussions around Lambert, Julie, not at anyone in particular :thumb:

I know... I was just clarifying where the rolling bit had come from.

WHy would rodgers go to liverpool? They are becoming less relevant every season.
Why does anyone go anywhere in football ? largely £££££££££££££££££££

I mentioned this to a Spurs mate of mine about 10 days ago actually and his response was "you can have him, the teams always die off during march anyway!"

I think Spurts fans believe Jose is destined for them

I read this morning somewhere and i can't mind were that AVB was being linked to them. Thought it strange as they had 'ur Harry'

here probably

No wasn’t there :) but anyway i hope he doesn’t come either. He bankrupts nearly every club he is at. Think RL knows his stuff when it comes to finance so he won’t touch him with a barge pole.

WHy would rodgers go to liverpool? They are becoming less relevant every season.
Why would the Swansea manager become the Liverpool manager. Really? Seriously? We are all football fans here. I'd like to think most of us know the lie of the land. I don't mind that sometimes some of us suffer delusion when it comes to the importance of our own club in the footballing hierarchy. But Swansea? And Liverpool? C'mon son!

Also on "rolling contract" bit -

IIRC MON was supposedly on one of those with Villa. He still went to a tribunal to seek compensation over a dispute with the club, even though he walked out presumably on the day it renewed which happened to be a few days before the PL season started.

Therefore I would imagine that if PL terminates - NCFC would expect compensation for that cessation.

Your post is a little confusing to me Julie. Your 1st sentence says he was on a rolling contract, meaning on any given day he always had 12 months left. Your 2nd sentence says he "still" went to a tribunal "presumably on the day" that it expired, but your 1st sentence suggests a contract that doesn't expire. I am confuse.

Kind of cements his status and prevents him from becoming Owen Coyle II. In fairness theyre last two managers have gone on to Inter Milan & England (allbeit via WBA).

Your post is a little confusing to me Julie. Your 1st sentence says he was on a rolling contract, meaning on any given day he always had 12 months left. Your 2nd sentence says he "still" went to a tribunal "presumably on the day" that it expired, but your 1st sentence suggests a contract that doesn't expire. I am confuse.

She is right though it was a rolling contract

Maybe I should have said "the renewal date" instead of expiry date. Apologies for confusion.

IIRC didn't MON join us just before the season started 5 years before he walked out? I can't remember the exact dates but I think it must have been close.

Yes I agree Spoony, which means it wasn't about to expire. The ins and outs of the tribunal will probably have to wait for the release of an autobiography.

Maybe I should have said "the renewal date" instead of expiry date. Apologies for confusion.
OK but (and this isn't me being obtuse), doesn't a rolling contract 'renew' every day?

IIRC didn't MON join us just before the season started 5 years before he walked out? I can't remember the exact dates but I think it must have been close.

No he was there a lot more than 5 days as we had some preseason friendly in Germany he attended.