General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Why!!!!

I love Petrov but he is no manager at this point!

No, beacuse of his illness he is not. If not being ill I would see him as the ideal manager. The club respects him a lot, the players seem to adore him, he does have an international approach to his game, he is well known in Europe, he does seem to be a big motivator, you see him control the team on the pitch etc etc...

You are joking! You cant base a manager just by that. I didnt imply because he is ill just as far as I know he has no coaching badges. He is a great bloke, loves the club and is passionate, not as motivational as you make out but still not a manager yet.

Shame the midlands "journalists" are in the clubs pocket. If they weren`t they might actually do their jobs and dig up some info on whats happening.

Never mind.

If they weren't in the club's pockets there'd be even less info about and they'd be having to make up stories just like the red tops do.

All football clubs, with the exception of Wigan, try to do their business on the quiet these days because the media is so intrusive. In the old days we'd only find out what was happening once it had happened. I don't see how being keep completely in the loop would benefit the club in the slightest. All it would do is tip our rivals off to what our plans are.

Just be patient and all will be revealed!

Isn`t it the medias job to be intrusive(to a point)? to build contacts, investigate and report stuff which hasn`t been revlealed yet?

If they just waited for stories to fall into their laps or just published what the club tells them when the club tells them then they would not really be journalists.

Id probably take Mcleish back now Im that bored :evil:

Seriously though, surely this would have been wrapped up if anyone half decent actually wanted the job/Lerner had half a clue of whats going off.

Deja Vu from the last two appointments. Said whilst Mcleish was manager - The only negative of sacking him is that we have to endure this shit again and have zero confidence that wel actually get anyone better.

Slight over reaction maybe???? There are 4 premiership clubs (including european champions, and one of the biggest clubs in world football) all looking for a permanent manager, all of which have been doing so for a similar amount of time to us (in Albion's case a lot longer) and yet none have made an appointment...does that mean that no one decent wants them either?

Seriously though, surely this would have been wrapped up if anyone half decent actually wanted the job/Lerner had half a clue of whats going off.

Deja Vu from the last two appointments. Said whilst Mcleish was manager - The only negative of sacking him is that we have to endure this shit again and have zero confidence that wel actually get anyone better.

Slight over reaction maybe???? There are 4 premiership clubs (including european champions, and one of the biggest clubs in world football) all looking for a permanent manager, all of which have been doing so for a similar amount of time to us (in Albion's case a lot longer) and yet none have made an appointment...does that mean that no one decent wants them either?

I wish the club had taken another fortnight to think it through when they went for McLeish.

FWIW a "rolling contract" does not necessarily mean that it is a perpetual 12 months into the future, it can also be a contract whereby it has technically got an annual expiry date and if neither party exercises their right to terminate it, the contract will automatically renew for a further 12 months.

However, I would suspect that in these situations, either side would have to give advance notice of their intention to terminate, and if you don't give sufficient notice then the contract will replenish as usual.

So even if Lambert's on the type of contract I mention above, it might be that the annual expiry date is 31st May but he would have to have told the club, for example, 3 months prior to the renewal date whether he was going to renew or not.

Richard wrote:

Cant wait until November or mid season to appoint a manager or leave it as a possible until then, we need a permanent person in place now

I agree. I just thought of it as a possibility. That is IF OGS was our first choice.

There is no way that would ever happen. Villa are going to appoint a permanent manager this summer and it's likely to be in the next fortnight.

I'm kind of under the impression from the last couple of seasons that you've got his number on your phone!

Anyway, despite an optomistic post Julie, sadly Kenwright STILL can't find a buyer.

Never met the guy but I have had some useful ITK from both sides of the story.

I'm not sure it was a buyer I was talking about ...it was more the replacement for said manager at the other end.

Shame the midlands "journalists" are in the clubs pocket. If they weren`t they might actually do their jobs and dig up some info on whats happening.

Never mind.

If they weren't in the club's pockets there'd be even less info about and they'd be having to make up stories just like the red tops do.

All football clubs, with the exception of Wigan, try to do their business on the quiet these days because the media is so intrusive. In the old days we'd only find out what was happening once it had happened. I don't see how being keep completely in the loop would benefit the club in the slightest. All it would do is tip our rivals off to what our plans are.

Isn`t it the medias job to be intrusive(to a point)? to build contacts, investigate and report stuff which hasn`t been revlealed yet?

If they just waited for stories to fall into their laps or just published what the club tells them when the club tells them then they would not really be journalists.

To a point. I work in the media and my job is to report facts, not make up stories to sell papers like the tabloids do. Some local papers use that tactic too but I'd say Mat Kendrick is an example of a journalist being given the chance to build a relationship with a club so that he can be more accurate when he does tell us what's going on.

As a journalist you can't just go and find out what's happening without having contacts and if the club are being extremly guarded about what's happening then who are the best people to keep in with? Tabloid journalists have contacts too but their accuracy levels are far, far lower.

When you take into account the past two appointments and how long they took/the people who turned us down - I dont think its an over reaction at all.

I have taken your point on board but in all honesty, I couldnt give a shite about the other teams. Though people seem to be turning Liverpool down as well. What I do give a shite about is that for the 3rd season running I dont have to endure another shambolic state of affair at Villa that will probably see my dwindling passion for football become extinct - my patience/confidence in Villa to deliver that is becoming very very thin. Though Il happily be proven wrong if I havent died of boredom.

Chance of Moyes: 0%.

We're in a similar financial position to Everton, whether we choose to acknowledge it or not.

Everton were a hairs breath away from bankruptcy this time last year.

Lerner wouldn't let that happen - he's just trying to make AVFC a bit more self sufficient and sustainable.

I posted earlier that I still had a sneaky feeling on Moyes for Villa but as it's lock down at VP.... who knows?

Never mind.

To a point. I work in the media and my job is to report facts, not make up stories to sell papers like the tabloids do. Some local papers use that tactic too but I'd say Mat Kendrick is an example of a journalist being given the chance to build a relationship with a club so that he can be more accurate when he does tell us what's going on.

As a journalist you can't just go and find out what's happening without having contacts and if the club are being extremly guarded about what's happening then who are the best people to keep in with? Tabloid journalists have contacts too but their accuracy levels are far, far lower.

Fair enough, if you work in the media you know better than me mate. Just seems like the midlands based journalists could be doing a bit more.

Suppose we will find out anyway in the end so it doesn`t really matter.

We're in a similar financial position to Everton, whether we choose to acknowledge it or not.

Lerner wouldn't let that happen - he's just trying to make AVFC a bit more self sufficient and sustainable.

I posted earlier that I still had a sneaky feeling on Moyes for Villa but as it's lock down at VP.... who knows?

I've a funny feeling about Moyes as well, I posted similar comments this time last week. Reasons being

He cant wait about at Everton for ever and who is to say he will even get the utd job.

Everton 2 weeks ago stated they are trying to get him to sign a new contract which he hasn’t done. He might be starting to realize he has to move on.

Contrary to what we all think Lerner may give him money. Lerner has more or less got rid of the high earners and a total rebuild from scratch will be needed. When he approached Moyes last year they may have agreeded to give it a year hence McLeish being the stop gap. Might interest Moyes now.

AND McLeish was in the states at the weekend… is this a big coincidence? There would be no rumors about Randys plane then and little press to see them talking

Chance of the above being fact: 100%.

That makes me want to go and take a 'chance' and stick £20 on Moyes being the next Villa manager!!

I've a funny feeling about Moyes as well, I posted similar comments this time last week. Reasons being

He cant wait about at Everton for ever and who is to say he will even get the utd job.

Everton 2 weeks ago stated they are trying to get him to sign a new contract which he hasn’t done. He might be starting to realize he has to move on.

Contrary to what we all think Lerner may give him money. Lerner has more or less got rid of the high earners and a total rebuild from scratch will be needed. When he approached Moyes last year they may have agreeded to give it a year hence McLeish being the stop gap. Might interest Moyes now.

AND McLeish was in the states at the weekend… is this a big coincidence? There would be no rumors about Randys plane then and little press to see them talking

AND Moyes was in the sates not McLeish... dont want to give everyone heart failuer

FWIW a "rolling contract" does not necessarily mean that it is a perpetual 12 months into the future, it can also be a contract whereby it has technically got an annual expiry date and if neither party exercises their right to terminate it, the contract will automatically renew for a further 12 months.

Wouldn't that just be a 1-year contract though?

Not sure if a rolling contract always has 12 months left but surely it would never approach an expiry date?

A re-negotiation date probably once a year though,wages up or down etc.