General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Brendan Rogers has probably reasonably thought "when will I get a chance to manage Plop or a club like that again?"

I am hoping the same thought process is currently taking place in the mind Of Lambert for us.

OK but (and this isn't me being obtuse), doesn't a rolling contract 'renew' every day?

I'm not sure TBH I assumed it would roll over at the end of the 12 month period unless someone terminated it or renegotiated it.

Just googled definition of "a rolling contract" & found - "a contract that continues automatically unless someone decides to end it"

so now instead of talking managers we are talking legal contract terms ?

Great

Duck tape one day, contracts the next, the queue at Tescos another

Shows that there is FA to talk about in terms of the Villa job

I don't think he would have loads to spend tbh, Liverpool arn't that rich. they already have a massive squad filled with the likes of Downing,henderson,carroll,adam...I really think they would reluctant to spend alot more than in the previous summer..I just don't think rodgers will want to ruin his managerial career by going to liverpool. He would have seen King Kenny Fail, and can't see him taking the risk.. I really don't think its going to happen.

Brendan Rogers has probably reasonably thought "when will I get a chance to manage Plop or a club like that again?"

I am hoping the same thought process is currently taking place in the mind Of Lambert for us.

I think he will try and hold out for the Spurs job tbh.

It's weird with Rodgers because he's just signed Sigurðsson. The reason Sigurðsson joined Swansea in the first place was because of Rodgers so I think he must have given him some sort of promise that he would be staying at the club. Therefore I don't see Rodgers to Liverpool happening (even though it would be a huge step up for him).

Yes, I keep bringing it up not because I can't "let it go" (I let it go ages ago) but because it's an interesting question. I'm certainly not the only one that's wondering what happened.

Exactly.

Speaking from the Norwegian point of view nobody would even raise an eyebrow here if it was Villa saying no to Ole.

But let me tell you when the headline "Solskjær withdraws from Villa talks" or something like that I (and most football fans here) were in "shock".

And the "mainly family reasons" doesn't quite stack up,I see Ole as quite intelligent and the move/not move must have entered his thoughts when other teams came a-calling earlier in the winter/spring.It would be sensible to have the conversation "this is way too early,maybe in a year" long before Villa came in.

On another note,Molde FK has done quite well lately and go into the EURO break with 8-1-3 on the books.After a bit of a shaky start they've racked up 5-1-0 in the last 6 games.

Ole won't be in less demand in the future for sure. :arrow:

Stuff:-

1.As far as I can redknap hasn't entered the villa betting at all.

2.Lambert - whether he is on a 1 year contract - or 1 year rolling contract - the amount we have to pay norwich - is within our means - its probably about what we paid for mcleish. So shouldn't be the difference between him coming or not.

Its warming up nicley - sadly of the linked managers - the highest ranked one I can see us getting is Poyet - though I would like lambert - i just don't see Randy and Faulkner playing hardball with Norwich.

It's weird with Rodgers because he's just signed Sigurðsson. The reason Sigurðsson joined Swansea in the first place was because of Rodgers so I think he must have given him some sort of promise that he would be staying at the club. Therefore I don't see Rodgers to Liverpool happening (even though it would be a huge step up for him).

Rodgers to Liverpool.....Martinez to Swansea?!!!

2.Lambert - whether he is on a 1 year contract - or 1 year rolling contract - the amount we have to pay norwich - is within our means - its probably about what we paid for mcleish. So shouldn't be the difference between him coming or not.

Its warming up nicley - sadly of the linked managers - the highest ranked one I can see us getting is Poyet - though I would like lambert - i just don't see R

andy and Faulkner playing hardball with Norwich.

He was into 5/1 about an hour ago on betfair but thankfully on the drift again. Only takes one decent size bet to move him in to that.

Its warming up nicley - sadly of the linked managers - the highest ranked one I can see us getting is Poyet - though I would like lambert - i just don't see R

andy and Faulkner playing hardball with Norwich.

He was into 5/1 about an hour ago on betfair but thankfully on the drift again. Only takes one decent size bet to move him in to that.

Also i'd like Poyet too but he is on a long contract. 2million to buy it out so not sure RL will pay that to land him.

I may be completely wrong on this one............

I still have a sneaky feeling as MM knows that we might be after Moyes again - there's been a few rumours he ain't happy eminating from Merseyside because best players are to be sold and looking at EFC's finances - they are always in the crappers - DM hasn't got that long left on his current contract neither - so the compensation will come in nicely. Unless Kenwright gets some investmenT , I can see him leaving at some point. There was even talk a week or so ago of LFC being after him but that's NEVER gonna happen! It would be like a McLeish Mk 2.

This said maybe Moyes will stay with EFC waiting on Man U job though in a couple of years?

Alot of the managers are currently on hols & I managed to track down via twitter where Moyes was until a day or so ago - he was playing Golf in Naples nr Miami, Florida. The US guy had no idea who he was at first but then he tweeted that he'd just played with the manager of a soccer team in Scotland UK called Everton! So I think it was genuine because he obviously has no idea!

That's the other point to all this .... many of the managers are on end of season holidays at mo as are the players - so this factor will probably have delayed matters also.

I think Villa are defo after a Number 1 choice for manager - however they are being prudent and looking at a fair few Plan B's, while negotiations go on in the background. Hence why so many names have been linked. MM has confirmed OGS was never the main target - just one of the options.

Also I wondered that they may want someone like Grayson to assist because the manager won't be able to bring his coaching staff with him because they're needed at his present club. Hence the rumours.

Anyhow just my musings on all the goings on & the intel being gathered.

2 bits of ITK over the past week that we're in for Lambert and he will be at least interviewed this week.

Someone else is absolutely certain it's Poyet and has put quite a bit of dosh on him.

RDM is keen but waiting on CFC.

ITK claims Grayson is the choice.

Martinez?... ask Dave Whelan!

In other words no one has a flipping clue what's gonna happen next!

I will be very, very, very, very, very, very surprised if Moyes would want to come to us.

I am being told to expect twists and turns and the unexpected whatever that means :?:

That would have to include Solskjær somehow since he's the only name we know.

Some temporary appointment then Solskjær comes in january or next season?

No, i think OGS is long gone now. It's so risky putting a temporary manager in and change everything mid way.

I think he will try and hold out for the Spurs job tbh.

Unless the AVB rumours are in fact closer to the mark