General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

what makes us think that if it is true and Martinez is out of the LFC running that we are going to get him now...?

It depends why he has pulled out.

He may not have recieved certain assurances that he would get with us.

Thats extremely optimistic. 'Assurances' i know liverpool is not ideal but were nowhere near either... Sacking Mcleish after that long after houllier fell ill. Then No money available and older (past-it) players with younger players that think of the cars and money more than the club. If i wernt a villain i know who i'd choose out of villa and pool.

Its not being optimistic, just giving an example.

Different managers want different things, if they dont recieve them and feel it will harm there chances of succeeding then they wont accept.

A club the size of Liverpool will be less likely to allow a manager complete control over things that we may. For example he is less likely to be under the influence of a DOF here.

Look at how MON walked? He wasnt backed by the board and wasnt given assurances he would be able to recoup all of the money gained from james milners transfer to citeh... Thats not being assured( irrelevant if he bought a load of crap beforehand ) . Apparently Mcleish's job was safe a week before he had the meeting with PF and RL (So he said in the interview at norwich) that wasnt being assured.

At Liverpool Kenny got to bring in players he wanted and he might not run things the same but i can see martinez being given quite a bit of leeway with the yanks as newish owners.

Why would Moyes leave Everton because of no money to come to Villa with no money?

Everton are clinging onto solvency by a hairs breath... Villa aren't in that situation.

We have a wealthy owner who is simply trying to reduce the wage bill....

We are in the top 20 of biggest wage bills of ALL the sports clubs in the world aren't we?

A list that includes the NFL, Barcelona, Man Utd et al.

I'll support whoever the new manager is simply because it wont be Alex McLeish BUT at this time I'd like to see a manager appointed who is running to Villa because it's an ideal as opposed to running from where they are to get away from a situation they don't like.

Lambert - good situation at NCFC so if he comes it's because he sees Villa as a step above. Rodgers the same. OGS, Poyet true as well. Frankly if Martinez was offered the Villa job and doesn't take it to me that shows he doesn't meet the criteria for being ambitious/hungry. Young, yes, but ambitious, no. So jog-the-hell-on

Can I ask an honest question in the hope of getting an honest answer? What is exactly attractive about the Villa job at this moment in time?

That joyful moment when you look into your bank account and see the compensation you get after being sacked. Besides from that... :?:

Why would Moyes leave Everton because of no money to come to Villa with no money?

Everton are clinging onto solvency by a hairs breath... Villa aren't in that situation.

We have a wealthy owner who is simply trying to reduce the wage bill....

We are in the top 20 of biggest wage bills of ALL the sports clubs in the world aren't we?

A list that includes the NFL, Barcelona, Man Utd et al.

I think the wage bill is dramatically down now, though we won’t see the accounts for a while. RL is not stupid, he knows the team needs rebuilding so he may be willing to start this now and also keep control of the wages. I am sure he won’t want a repeat of the season gone past. This is were Moyes may come in... money to spend with emphasis placed on controlling wages.

what makes us think that if it is true and Martinez is out of the LFC running that we are going to get him now...?

It depends why he has pulled out.

He may not have recieved certain assurances that he would get with us.

Martinez wants full control - FSG wants a DoF above him.

Martinez wants full control - Villa does not want a DoF above him.

It seems this is a very important issue for Martinez.

Moyes is going to Spurs.

This is a rumour but that is also saying that Levy will ask Harry to move on.

Kenwright is also no mug and if Moyes won't sign a new contract and he hangs onto him, then he walks when his present contract runs out -

he gets nothing.

Whereas if he let's him go this summer - he'll get a fair amount of compensation.

Would Everton Football Club need said compensation?

Moyes is going to Spurs.

This is a rumour but that is also saying that Levy will ask Harry to move on.

Kenwright is also no mug and if Moyes won't sign a new contract and he hangs onto him, then he walks when his present contract runs out -

he gets nothing.

Whereas if he let's him go this summer - he'll get a fair amount of compensation.

Would Everton Football Club need said compensation?

Why would Levy/Spurs want rid of 'Arry?