General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

what makes us think that if it is true and Martinez is out of the LFC running that we are going to get him now...?

It depends why he has pulled out.

He may not have recieved certain assurances that he would get with us.

Who's to say he's pulled out, perhaps Liverpool saw the fact that Rodgers has out performed him last year and therefore seems the better candidate.

AND Moyes was in the sates not McLeish... dont want to give everyone heart failure

Lerner normally flys back to US Fridays & comes back to the UK Tuesdays... I wouldn't read too much into that.

A VT poster who will remain nameless also heard some crack from BMH about Moyes coming before McLeish was officially sacked.

However he didn't belive it... so didn't post it.... and I don't blame him after last year.

None of us know for sure... and perhaps at this juncture neither do RL & PF, until matters are concluded.

Moyes is not coming to Villa. Not a chance.

If he did I would question his sanity - why leave Everton for a very similar club like Villa? He will only leave Everton for a bigger club.

Fair amount of chat that Martinez is out of the running for #LFC job. Trying to verify. Rodgers would genuinely be the last man standing

Retweeted by Sam Lyon

Here, This person and others above were saying it... Im not being negative just i cant see a manager talking to LFC not agreeing terms then taking the job at our place. Not happening.

AND Moyes was in the sates not McLeish... dont want to give everyone heart failure

Lerner normally flys back to US Fridays & comes back to the UK Tuesdays... I wouldn't read too much into that.

A VT poster who will remain nameless also heard some crack from BMH about Moyes coming before McLeish was officially sacked.

However he didn't belive it... so didn't post it.... and I don't blame him after last year.

None of us know for sure... and perhaps at this juncture neither do RL & PF, until matters are concluded.

Moyes is not coming to Villa. Not a chance.

If he did I would question his sanity - why leave Everton for a very similar club like Villa? He will only leave Everton for a bigger club.

I dont' see why Moyes would come now, after going stale for a while they finally kicked on again with his January signings. so can't see him leaving them now until a huge job gets offered to him.

yes very dire did you see them at OT. Everton are a very good side to watch.

Well we were good to watch at Stamford Bridge, we were still pretty dire for the rest of it. So were Everton for the first half of the season (well, the first half of every season :lol: )

I accept the point of Jelavic changing their fortunes, but still, can he do it again next season? Not sure.

Like Ulver has said, i'd rather we took the risk on someone else and get our own Moyes.

what makes us think that if it is true and Martinez is out of the LFC running that we are going to get him now...?

Thats extremely optimistic. 'Assurances' i know liverpool is not ideal but were nowhere near either... Sacking Mcleish after that long after houllier fell ill. Then No money available and older (past-it) players with younger players that think of the cars and money more than the club. If i wernt a villain i know who i'd choose out of villa and pool.

Well seeing as Chelsea just basically signed a player (Hazard), I think it's obvious RDM is going to be staying there :crylaugh:

Nah, I just couldn't keep a straight face typing that.

So Martinez may have rejected liverpool

We might be in for Moyes

We might be in for Lambert........

Bit like last year Hughes/Ancellotti/Martinez

.........you just know were going to Unveil Grayson on thursday......

This has been one quiet week for a club without a manager albeit the OGS frenzy the week before. Although must say it seems generally subdue in terms of the managers situation if you think about there are actually 4 clubs (if you include Chelsea) looking for a new manager.

I presume Lerner is in brum again today (always on a tuesday morning?) and hopefully will hear more

Thats extremely optimistic. 'Assurances' i know liverpool is not ideal but were nowhere near either... Sacking Mcleish after that long after houllier fell ill. Then No money available and older (past-it) players with younger players that think of the cars and money more than the club. If i wernt a villain i know who i'd choose out of villa and pool.

Its not being optimistic, just giving an example.

Different managers want different things, if they dont recieve them and feel it will harm there chances of succeeding then they wont accept.

A club the size of Liverpool will be less likely to allow a manager complete control over things that we may. For example he is less likely to be under the influence of a DOF here.

Bit like last year Hughes/Ancellotti/Martinez

I'm still waiting on Ancellotti. I heard he got lost in Paris but Randy's plane should be delivering him any moment now... where's TheTrees for confirmation?

It could be the incompatibility to work with DoF. Seem to recall reading that Martinez would/did want total control, such as the style of football and training of the U14 teams. Perhaps, Liverplop couldn't offer that assurance, as it would have been treading on the toes of the DoF; and thus Martinez turning it down

I know it's Tribal Football but this backs up the rumours that have been coming out of the Blue side of Merseyside last couple of weeks.

Tue, 05/29/2012 - 12:14

Everton boss Moyes upset with lack of transfer cash

Everton boss David Moyes wants clarification on his summer transfer budget.

The People says Moyes worked wonders to take the Toffees above big-spending Liverpool but has now been told that he must sell before he can buy.

Goodison's squad is small and Moyes wants to strengthen it with two or three new faces - but he must look in the bargain basement unless he sells.

Moyes does not want to lose any of his stars, but Manchester United want left-back Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini is often linked with a big move.

Sources close to the Everton manager say he is 'fuming' about the position after having had to sell Mikel Arteta before the last summer window shut in order to balance the books.

Maybe this explains why he won't sign a new contract and if he may walk!