General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

With Moyes at 80/1 it would be a shock, as good as RL is at keeping things quiet he aint good enough for no bets to be going on. We laughed at the AM odds last year as there was a lot of money going on and they were right so there are leaks and I doubt its Moyes

reports over here are that all that is missing is signature and it's a done deal for zeman, didn't know AVB was over here!

avb would be more suited to a job in italy i think though at the moment and then go for a crack at the big time again after getting his stock back up. he could try and do that with us but he wouldn't have the resources or squad that he'd have had with roma so would be a lot more difficult. then again if he got us top 6 and playing decent footy he'd be in demand again from the big names.

we really need our own zeman though! someone a bit enigmatic and mad, who plays crazy entertaining football :) we'd fill VP every week!

Problem with Roma though, as I'm sure you know better than anyone, is the Totti factor. AVB would basically be facing the Chelsea situation times 10 if he tried to drop him. Plus, the fans all want Zeman, there have been demonstrations on same on the Curva Sud. AVB would be up against it from day one if he took the Roma job.

I am being told to expect twists and turns and the unexpected whatever that means :?:
It means OGS. Without doubt :D
That's a very offensive post. Remove it this instant! :lol:

How about Petrov as the new manager? I would love that!
I know you're not being entirely serious but I'd actually love to see him on the coaching staff one day.

Why!!!!

I love Petrov but he is no manager at this point!

No, beacuse of his illness he is not. If not being ill I would see him as the ideal manager. The club respects him a lot, the players seem to adore him, he does have an international approach to his game, he is well known in Europe, he does seem to be a big motivator, you see him control the team on the pitch etc etc...

. MM has confirmed OGS was never the main target

No he has not CONFIRMED this at all. In his above post he says it is what he thinks.

Let's just leave it shall we. :!:

Big goss this morning is that Lambert has only ever been on a 12 month rolling contract with NCFC & it's up this week.

If that's true & he IS & has been the No 1 target all along then that MIGHT just be the reason for the delay.

Having seen Grayson down here in Swansea as Manager of Blackpool and Leeds he would be Macleish mark 2.If we appointed him,I don't think we will for one moment,might as well get Macleish back.

A recent previous post referring to Moyes was excellent,he would be brilliant for us,with some cash to play with he would transform our team.Randy if you can get him the Mcleish disaster will be forgiven.

No he has not CONFIRMED this at all. In his above post he says it is what he thinks.

Big goss this morning is that Lambert has only ever been on a 12 month rolling contract with NCFC & it's up this week.

If that's true & he IS & has been the No 1 target all along then that MIGHT just be the reason for the delay.

A rolling contract, AFAIK, is always 12 months from expiring...i.e. 1 years compensation to pay at any point, it never actually runs out.

I know you're not being entirely serious but I'd actually love to see him on the coaching staff one day.
I'd love to see him on the coaching staff one day because that would automatically mean he had gotten over his illness :thumb:

I'd love to see him on the coaching staff one day because that would automatically mean he had gotten over his illness :thumb:
He'll beat it. :thumb:

I always thought that the way a 12month rolling contract worked was that every day that goes by it is renewed for another 12months.

So today he has 12months, tomorrow he has 12months, the day after he has 12months.

I didn't think it actually ever expired.

But I could be wrong though.

I always thought that the way a 12month rolling contract worked was that every day that goes by it is renewed for another 12months.

So today he has 12months, tomorrow he has 12months, the day after he has 12months.

I didn't think it actually ever expired.

But I could be wrong though.

That's the way O'Neill's works and it might very well be the way Lambert's works. Though that would mean an article on Lambert signing a new contract would have been unnecessary given that he signs one every day as it were. So that suggests Lambert's is a 12 month contract but not a rolling one. And given that he signed his last one in May 2011 ... he might become available on Thursday.

I'd love to see him on the coaching staff one day because that would automatically mean he had gotten over his illness Agree

Well said BOF.

I'm sure there will always be a place for Stan at VP in some capacity when he recovers.

A rolling contract, AFAIK, is always 12 months from expiring...i.e. 1 years compensation to pay at any point, it never actually runs out.

It usually means the contract automatically renews for a set period at a certain date subject to either side terminating it.

In the football industry this usually means that the contract will “roll over” automatically for the next season unless the club (or person) decides to end it at the end of the season.

Correct, one year rolling contracts have a compensation in lieu of notice clause written into them. This usually equates to twelve months salary, less any period of that twelve months worked as notice, plus a benefits payment ie. pension, medical etc.

A Birmingham school teacher asks her class, "What football team do you support? Raise your hand if you support Birmingham City?. The whole class raise their hands except for one boy. "John? what team do you support? "Aston Villa", the boy replied. "Why?" asks the teacher. "Because my mom and dad do, so I do too". "Well you don't have to copy your mom and dad, what if your mom was a prostitute and your dad was a junkie?" inquired the teacher. "Well Miss", John replied, "Then I'd be a blue nose like the rest of you inbreds"

Sorry, just wanted cheering up with all this negative doom and gloom regarding who our next manager could be!!