General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

OGS would literally be eaten for breakfast by Collins Dunne & Warnock

Thanks but no thanks

He seemed to survive a dressing full of such egos as Cantona, Keane, Bruce, Pallister, Robson, uber ego of Hughes, Taggart, Sheringham, Cole.

Don't know enough about him to judge his ability to manage, but to say he's a pussycat just because of his outward nature is a bit strong.

Look, he may not be all that experienced but if we appointed him it would pretty much be the opposite of McLeish: an exciting appointment of a young and hungry manager who so far has done very well in his managerial career.

Cannot believe the way people are backing OGS, he has done nothing in the game at all. People are talking as if they have been watching molde play every week. Be honest, you know sod all about them or how they play and it wouldn`t matter of you did, its in the norweigan league.

Unbelievable lol.

I would rather have curbishley than this guy.

Although i agree with these sentiments i maybe wouldnt have put it as bluntly....

I would be very apprehensive about getting Solskjaer...

it could be an absolute master stroke or he could bomb massively...

i dont think we are in a position to be taking such a big risk....

i think we need someone with more pedigree than man utd reserves and the Norwegian League

I can understand people thinking he's not quite ready for this level, it would be a huge jump admittedly.

However, the guy had an incredibly successful playing career at Man United for many years, is reportedly a very keen student of the game, has worked under one of if not THE most successful club manager of all time for many years, then managed his youth team, and has done a great job taking a small Norwegian team to the Champions League.

If you think he's not ready then fair enough, but you can't deny he has done an impressive job so far in his short career and has had the opportunity to learn from one of the best teachers you could hope to learn from.

I'd welcome him, I think he'd bring a lot of much needed changes and provide us with exciting football. As for Dunne, Collins and Warnock "literally" eating him alive (I hate when people use literally, it makes them sound so stupid at times) then I'm not so sure. He's very well-respected in the Premier League for one, and just because he has a babyface doesn't mean he's a pushover. I'm a babyface myself so I have to stick up for my "boyish good looks" bretheren.

I'm not so sure he'd come to us though. I think he has his head screwed on properly and that he'll still think he's not quite ready. He also appears fiercly loyal to his hometown. If nothing else, it's exciting to know that Randy et al are thinking outside the box with regards to who they want as the next manager.

I did just read that Faulkner has had talks with Steve Kean on Twitter though from ITK_agent. Hopefully it's bollocks though.

Solksjaer is a risk.

Might be interesting though. Saying that I'm not convinced we'd actually get him - I think we might be a bit more conservative in our eventual appointment.

Look, he may not be all that experienced but if we appointed him it would pretty much be the opposite of McLeish: an exciting appointment of a young and hungry manager who so far has done very well in his managerial career.

It would be a very difficult 1st job in England though. Coming to a club that has deadwood to shift and that has to sell its prized assets to generate transfer funds is almost a hiding to nothing.

If I was a young manager I would avoid Villa like the plague, despite some people claiming we are a big illustrious club the simple fact is that it really is a shit job, a really really shit job.

This suggests that Molde did not get "off to a good start and just continue". In fact, they were never in the top 2 until week 11 and struggled badly for the first 2 months. So if anything it shows that he turned it around. Once they hit the top though, they never relinquished it, but that was once he'd sorted it all out. All of this only stands him in good stead for me. Because it suggests that he at least didn't inherit a fully organised team and had to do it himself.

I'd much rather get someone that could turn out to be great than someone who we know would be average at beast, i.e. Curbs.

Exactly. He may be a gamble but I'm O.K with that. Mangers with big reps dont always work out. I like the idea of using a bit of imagination rather than going for somebody steady, uninspiring and average.

He wouldn't be my first choice, I'm not even sure he's theirs, but bring it on.

As for prefering Curbishley. What a cleft.

You'd like to think if Randy & Faulkner are flying out to meet him, they'll have already spoken to OGS' agent first, and there will have been an indication that he might be interested? thats how i'm assuming these things would work?

surely owners don't just fly round the world without knowing things are already at an advanced stage?

Although I would be somewhat contented by this appointment, I do find it amusing how some people are claiming 'we need a man for 3-5 years' when if, let's say, we do exceptionally well and overachieve, this guy will be off faster than you can bat an eye lid. There's only one club that this guy holds in his heart, and here's a hint, it ain't Molde FK.

If that means 1 or 2 years of relative success for us then i'd take it. It's a big gamble though.