General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

From Twitter:

KKFootball ‏@KKFootball1

#AVFC hope to have new manager in place by Monday at the latest.

Take as you will obviously, but I asked if they had heard that is was OGS and they said they had heard the rumours but they still believe it to be Paul Lambert.

I'd be happy with either, but I kind of have my heart set on OGS now.

TT can you confirm if Lerner has indeed flown to Norway?

No :winkold:

But being as it is for one of my favourite ladies.....

....this afternoon.

Oooh cheers TT ....... one of favourite VTers of course.

No wonder his odds have dropped markedly.

If you look at the ex-manure players who played their football totally under Taggart they have a real insight into the game. Solskjaer and Gary Neville (who I think is going to make a superb manager) being two obvious examples.

It's the shit dinosaur old-school ex-manure players who were part of a get pissed, sheepskin coat era and have played partly under him but under other managers who have become awful managers- Robson, Strachan, McLeish, McGhee, Bruce (i'm sure there's others).

OSG and Poyet are both inexperienced managers who may well go on to better things. They may well both be obtainable.

Martinez/Lambert/Rodgers would be less of a risk but may well be much harder to attract currently.

Do we gamble on an exciting but largely unproven prospect, or do we spend more to attract a slightly less risky but still potentially exciting target?

I would still rather take a risk than employ a Curbishley/Bruce type who would guarantee more of the same old boring predictable out of date stuff that we've endured too much of as Villa fans.

....this afternoon.

He's not flying out now JB.

....this afternoon.

He's not flying out now JB.

But the plane is.

My take is that it's fetching him to BMH. But possibly only for one interview among others.

Do you remember when we sold Dwight Yorke to the Mancs & John Gregory publically stated over speculation we'd sign OGS in a swap deal.... who'd been in & out of their squad with injuries.

"If they're not good enough to play for Manchester Utd, then they're not good enough to play for Aston Villa"

My heart sank because he would have been great for us IMHO....went onto to score some vital goals for the Mancs IIRC.

I did say we should look at Norway for players because from what I'm told they are trained with a different mindset to English overpaid WAG

culture idiots. So if Randy is looking at a manager from Scandanavia, I don't think we'll do to bad.

I really doubt that Mjmooney, If he's sent it to fetch him, it's to give him the job.

I think this too. Interviews can be done over phone/video chat... whatever. I'm of the opinion that the board have already conducted the interview. This will be to fully appoint him IMO.

But the plane is.

My take is that it's fetching him to BMH. But possibly only for one interview among others.

Cheers Mike... I think we need to be patient. If Randy is having a look around and interviewing a few then that's good.

I do know he tried very hard for Moyes last Summer & when MON walked out, so I hope he succeeds this time in getting his first choice.

I did say we should look at Norway for players because from what I'm told they are trained with a different mindset to English overpaid WAG culture idiots.
Which might make it rather difficult for OGS, switching from managing sensible Norwegian professionals to the British WAG culture idiots, no?