General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I dont know who i want...but not someone who prefer to lose to a certain club cause he used to manage them before.

Or someone who claps one of the opposite players of the field when you are losing 4-0...watching and hearing such things makes my blood boil.

I want someone who loves villa more then anyhting else and dislike all other clubs..

I'd like to see Benitez in charge but unless he's given some funds to play with it's not going to happen.

The way things have gone the last year or so I can see us ending up with Steve Kean ;)

I dont know who i want...but not someone who prefer to lose to a certain club cause he used to manage them before.

Or someone who claps one of the opposite players of the field when you are losing 4-0...watching and hearing such things makes my blood boil.

I want someone who loves villa more then anyhting else and dislike all other clubs..

OK, I'll do it!!

Current odds on next Villa manager, based on shortest odds available:

5/4 - Roberto Martínez

3/1 - Paul Lambert

7/1 - Rafael Benítez

8/1 - Alan Curbishley

9/1 - Neil Lennon

10/1 - Ole Gunnar Solksjær

12/1 - Mick McCarthy

12/1 - Roy Keane

12/1 - Steve Bruce

14/1 - Kevin MacDonald

14/1 - Laurent Blanc

14/1 - Brian McDermott

14/1 - Gianfranco Zola

14/1 - Marcelo Bielsa

14/1 - Quique Sánchez Flores

14/1 - Roberto Di Matteo

16/1 - Brendan Rodgers

16/1 - Louis Van Gaal

16/1 - Paolo Di Canio

16/1 - Slaven Bilić

16/1 - Lee Clark

20/1 - Bob Bradley

20/1 - Dave Jones

20/1 - David Moyes

20/1 - Gordon Cowans

20/1 - Gus Poyet

20/1 - Karl Robinson

20/1 - Ray Wilkins

20/1 - Billy Davis

20/1 - Chris Hughton

20/1 - Didier Deschamps

20/1 - Jürgen Klinsmann

20/1 - Malky MacKay

20/1 - Dougie Freedman

20/1 - Gary McAllister

20/1 - Gordon Strachan

20/1 - Nigel Worthington

20/1 - Paul Ince

20/1 - Sam Allardyce

20/1 - Steve McClaren

20/1 - Stuart Pearce

20/1 - Walter Smith

20/1 - Graeme Souness

20/1 - Ian Holloway

Quite a few on there that simply won't happen (although I did bet against McCleish becoming Villa manager after I heard that one!), some that could but I pray won't, and some that are quite interesting.

Maradona may have been a cheater and prick, but he was a one of the geatest football players ever.. Just like Ronaldo is a Prick and Cheat.
No one's denying that. He's not a very good manager though.

Yeah agree hes a terrible manager...

Remember Not all great players will be great managers.

Good point.

I recall that O'Neill was a very good player...........

:winkold:

According to Cloughie MON though he was a very good player, but he wasn't anywhere near as good as he thought he was, although he was pretty good. I hope that makes things clear! :lol:

Roberto Martinez should be offered the job on May 15th. No shortlist, no shared vision, no effing about!

Definitely want Roberto Martinez, think he's ideal. I do understand the reservations people have about him but I think he is ready for a step up and I think it could be a really successful pairing.

Some of our technical players, Bannan, Ireland, Zog, just haven't been performing, I really think he'll be able to get the best out of them and play them to their strengths, Wigan create so many chances they just unfortunately have a lump of shit in Di Santo and a sporadic Sammon finishing them off, assuming we keep Darren I could see us being involved in some exciting matches and with Darren getting service that he thrives on.

He'd prob bring Moses as well being as he's already refused to sign a new deal there. I think he'd do a really good job, I think he's a much more exciting prospect than Lambert as well.

Hughton is a good manager though. A part of me wants him to get the job just so we can get behind him and stick it to the media who think we don't like McLeish because of where he came from.

There's actually a fair few on that list I'd be happy with, and a couple that would have me absolutely distraught.

I just think it's not just about getting in a good manager, It's also about the right man for the club. There has been some good managers that have been total flops at different clubs, because the club they went to was completely the wrong fit.

Anybody will be a step up from where we are now. I think or expectations are also a lot lower than last year when there was talk on here about Anchelotti and Moyles. A good young eager up and coming manager is what we should be looking at and there is a few to choose from.

Martinez for me.

Would signal a move away from this ancient philosophy of kicking it as high and far as we can and hoping Heskey wins the header.

Martinez has done terrific things at Wigan and he comes across as a bloody nice guy in interviews as well. He would have my 100% support from the off and would love to see what he could do with our younger players.

Think he could work wonders with Stephen Ireland as well.

Go and get Him Randy. You massive bell end.

Martinez for me.

Would signal a move away from this ancient philosophy of kicking it as high and far as we can and hoping Heskey wins the header.

Martinez has done terrific things at Wigan and he comes across as a bloody nice guy in interviews as well. He would have my 100% support from the off and would love to see what he could do with our younger players.

i seem to recall that he tried to bed martinez and he said no.

Martinez for me.

i seem to recall that he tried to bed martinez and he said no.

True. But different circumstances this time. I believe Martinez is out of contract? And also, there may be money to spend this time as the wage bill will have been reduced slightly.

Hopefully its Martinez anyway.