General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I agree with CI, I think he will go for a lambert,rodgers,martinez,moyes.. someone like that, But I dont think he will completely ignore the fans like last season, I mean we managed to get him not to hire Mclaren and then he goes and hires Mcleish, i mean cmon... Im sure he will go for a more popular choice this time. I hope.

Randy will go for a big gun this time, that's my opinion

I think he will too. And there will be a major rebuild. There will be 5 or 6 leaving and 8 or 9 in.

There will be a wage cap but I think our team will look alot different and so will the way we play.

I think Randy may well suprise us this summer, I dont think he will mind paying for players as long as the wages are no more than 40k

Randy will go for a big gun this time, that's my opinion

I think he will too. And there will be a major rebuild. There will be 5 or 6 leaving and 8 or 9 in.

There will be a wage cap but I think our team will look alot different and so will the way we play.

I think Randy may well suprise us this summer, I dont think he will mind paying for players as long as the wages are no more than 40k

Let's hope so because this squad needs major work done to it in my opinion.

Hoddle is an interesting one as he is highly spoken of by former players and by all accounts is a great coach

The trouble is he is also barking mad

I'm still holding out for Mourinho but will take Wenger as my second choice

Someone with ambition and a definite idea on how to play/win. Someone who believes he can win the league with Villa without spending shiit loads. Basically someone with ambition and ideas, who won't get us relegated. Someone who knows what it takes to win. Houllier was this man imo pity all went wrong with his health, impatient fans etc. Another Houliier-esque manager will do me, if there's one out there?

I can see Laursen being a sentimental choice

But is he even doing his badges ?

I'm sure I read that he'd got a managerial job in Denmark

Took over an abysmal team who were doomed before he got there, he's almost kept them up - not doing a bad job at all by the looks of things.

Wouldn't mind Bilic, think he'd be a good shout.

Also happy with Martinez, Curbishley (sorry folks) or Lambert. But frankly, after experiencing McLeish then as long as he's gone I'm not sure I care who takes over now. Maybe this was Randy's plan all along, lower the expectations!

Diego Maradona... I'd love to see him there even just to teach Lerner and Faulkner a lesson.. Seriously though we have be realistic, no Benetiz or Bilic is gona come to Villa... Alan Curbishley prob the bext we can hope for.

Hell yeah! Another recruit in the El Diego for Villa campaign. Would be fantastic entertainment.

martinez.

ive decided that randy is actually an evil genius. this year was always about cutting all spending while we get rid of the last of the MON contracts. By appointing the least popular manager he could find anywhere in the universe, he distracted away from the fact that there has effectively been a signing freeze since db9 came in, and the manager has had to play with one of the smallest and least experienced squads in the league.

the manager has born the brunt of the shit season we have had, which means when he leaves at the end of the season, all the badwill will leave with him. RL can then look at exactly what we have left as assets, and have a view on who will contribute positively to the squad at a salary level that is realistic relative to the annual revenue that we generate. He will only have one or two star players commanding big salaries, and his squad fillers will now be kids on small salaries, who have all played 10+ games in the premier league.

Bringing in a progressive coach that plays attractive football, and giving him, say 40 - 50m pounds to bring in new players will get him a lot of goodwill back, and will buy some patience for the new manager. Putting in money before the wages were under control would have simply sustained a poor situation over a longer period. Hopefully now, the difficult surgery has been done, and we have a new slate on which to rebuild our squad...

By the end of the summer, we will have a radically different squad, younger, and with far more potential at a financially sustainable wage bill....

I think Martinez would be the perfect guy to do that. I think he would get our existing players playing with the confidence to look to go forward as a first instinct, rather than make a safe pass backwards.

I can see us by the end of this year, being a team playing exciting football with pride and challenging in the top half of the table.

The fans and the players have suffered through the austerity measures that we need... time for a rainbow and some light at the end of the tunnel...

Thanks, randy.