General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Things are always said in the heat of the moment. Lots of people have said things, you have to over look that

Whilst I agree that some things escape and in hindsight look bad,

1. Holloway didn't apologise for this remark

2. You should never, ever, ever, ever, ever refer to a team in your league as "a half-arsed club that used to be famous". Ever. It was **** disgusting and I've never heard anything like it.

only 1 manager for me and that is Maradona, entertainment be brilliant

Would not be adverse to that

Would certainly give the whole area a buzz again

Maybe a good compromise would be DiCanio. Not quite as nutty, but does look like he knows what he's doing.

Maradona may have been a cheater and prick, but he was a one of the geatest football players ever.. Just like Ronaldo is a Prick and Cheat.
No one's denying that. He's not a very good manager though.

It has more to do with Maradonas choice of squad, he could have had Zanetti, Samuel and Cambiasso in the squad, they all won champions league with Inter that year. He choose not to, he only focused on attack...

Maradona may have been a cheater and prick, but he was a one of the geatest football players ever.. Just like Ronaldo is a Prick and Cheat.

Yeah agree hes a terrible manager...

Remember Not all great players will be great managers.

he did very well to get Argentina to World Cup quarter final with a very poor defence, options were so bad they had Jonas in defence

That was partly Maradonas fault thou as he choose to omitt defensive players like Javier Zanetti and Esteban Cambiasso in favor of his personal friends Martin Palermo and Jonas

I'd say Maradona was the single biggest reason Argentina flopped in the WC.

Yeah agree hes a terrible manager...

Remember Not all great players will be great managers.

Good point.

I recall that O'Neill was a very good player...........

:winkold: