General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

i seem to recall that he tried to bed martinez and he said no.

The story going around is that Martinez had promised Dave Whelan 3 years at Wigan and didn't want to go back on his word though.

I would take Martinez, Lambert is my first choice though.

**** martinez - only gets wigan to start playing when the shit hits the fan in the last 5 games....... besides that theyre usually shite !!

I hear that a lot but fact is, Wigan are shit, sell their best players each year, sign rogues for a pittance to replace them, and alaways stay up.

Who actually cares how he does it, and what sequence he gets the job done, is it any better winning one losing three winning one, than just losing like 7/8 as he did then winning game after game at the end. Fact is he keeps one of if not THE worst premier league club up. How is irrelevant and a side talking point.

He beat Man Utd, Arsenal (away) and Newcastle, won at Anfield to, we wouldn't suffer the same long runs as we have a better team. Their results are so false as well when you actually watch them aside from the odd mare they are always in the game and normally miss chances on the way.

**** martinez - only gets wigan to start playing when the shit hits the fan in the last 5 games....... besides that theyre usually shite !!

Agree, anyone pandering for Martinez needs their head looking at

Smalltime, plodder of a manager

Can't believe everyone wants Martinez.

Short memories, how have you all forgotten that he completely disrespected us by turning us down to stay at Wigan, yes Wigan, last summer?

Let him stay there fighting relegation every season, AVFC will rise into the top 6 again and he won't be a part of it.

My thoughts exactly,plus im sick of us giving money to wigan in the way of transfer fees and any compensation that may be involved.

Short memories, how have you all forgotten that he completely disrespected us by turning us down to stay at Wigan, yes Wigan, last summer?

Or could be seen as 'he respected and honoured his contract to wigan despite a bigger club coming in for him'

A virtue in this modern game of mercenaries and scumbags

Let him stay there fighting relegation every season, AVFC will rise into the top 6 again and he won't be a part of it.

Whereas I'm not exactly pining for Martinez to be our next manager saying that he disrespected us just because he didn't join us last year is ridiculous. The man appears to be incredibly well-mannered and very respectful. He had his own reasons for turning us down, none of them were due to disrespect.

Agree, anyone pandering for Martinez needs their head looking at

Smalltime, plodder of a manager

You STILL haven't told us who you want who is actually realistic.

Whereas I'm not exactly pining for Martinez to be our next manager saying that he disrespected us just because he didn't join us last year is ridiculous. The man appears to be incredibly well-mannered and very respectful. He had his own reasons for turning us down, none of them were due to disrespect.

I just think being offered the chance to manage a regular top 6 club with a fanbase treble the size of Wigan's and the trophy cabinet we boast from past decades should have been more than enough for him to come on board.

Desperation if we go back in for him in my opinion.

Current odds on next Villa manager, based on shortest odds available:

10/1 - Ole Gunnar Solksjær

Quite a few on there that simply won't happen (although I did bet against McCleish becoming Villa manager after I heard that one!), some that could but I pray won't, and some that are quite interesting.

Not happening.

David O'Leary 33/1

Could you even begin to imagine to consider to dream if there was even a WHIFF of a rumour of his name being on a piece of paper near the same room that contains the shortlist??? The backlash would be unbelievable

Poyet & Wilkins

I would like that.

Anyway, didnt Martinez sign a three year contract with Wigan (after snubbing us) last summer?

I think he just agreed to see out the last year of his contact with Wigan if my memory serves. Could be wrong though.