General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Delio Rossi

I'd like to see the bad eggs in the villa camp try to backchat him

just the man we need

ha! shame fiorentina are shite though. the radio here this morning have been saying that ljajic was asking for it!

from italy i'd love to see crazy mad zeman from pescara at villa park. football genius who has a great history with bringing through kids. i don't think ranieri would be a bad shout. he built a very good chelsea side before abramovic came along and deserved to take it on further.

from spain, bielsa!!!! anyone who follows tim vickery's blog knows why ;)

if we have to limit ourselves to premier league tunnel vision then martinez before lambert for me...

Zeman is a legend! His tactic with Roma was probably the most attacking team ever seen. 3-5 forwards plus Candela and Cafu on the flanks. Also one of the first to call the doping culture in Italian clubs.

Bielsa is also a hero of mine but i doubt we could tempt him here.

If we're dreaming i'd take Lucien Favre from Borussia Mönchengladbach but realisticly it's Slaven Bilic for me.

And to be fair to him, we have proven to be a half arsed club this past couple of seasons judging by the way we are being run both managerially and at a higher level

Absolutely bro, we are a half arsed club. But, I think as manager, a level of class and decorum should be maintained. He painted himself in nothing but sensationalist headlines in his one year in the Prem. We dont need anymore negativity.

But its all about opinions!

I've just got a feeling that we'll end up appointing Steve Bruce after McLeish is let go. Seems to fit into Randy's criteria of Premier League experience and won't ask for too much money.

I now have a horrid sinking feeling in my stomach as I can't seem to shake the idea.

But can someone tell me why it seems Martinez can only motivate his players with a few games left of the season? I know it would be an improvement on a manager that can never motivate his players, but still, worrying how it takes Wigan so long to get going.

I've just got a feeling that we'll end up appointing Steve Bruce after McLeish is let go. Seems to fit into Randy's criteria of Premier League experience and won't ask for too much money.

I now have a horrid sinking feeling in my stomach as I can't seem to shake the idea.

Sadly, I've got a strong feeling of this too.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

To be fair, I think we would have more chance of Curbishley or Hoddle then that clown.

Zeman is a legend! His tactic with Roma was probably the most attacking team ever seen. 3-5 forwards plus Candela and Cafu on the flanks. Also one of the first to call the doping culture in Italian clubs.

its why he has been blacklisted by top teams there. Great tactician and his attacking policy would be a joy to watch

its why he has been blacklisted by top teams there. Great tactician and his attacking policy would be a joy to watch

that and he's a difficult man to get along with! but yeah the drugs claims crippled his career in italy. pescara are **** flying though and could well be back in serie a with him in charge. that would be awesome for him. we're a step up from pescara though but i doubt he would come to the uk.

that rome team is still the stuff of legend here :) it woudl be amazing to get him at VP, he'd get the kids playing some proper football. VP woudl be packed to the rafters, it'd be a rollercoaster but would be ENTERTAINING 100% attacking footy.

that and he's a difficult man to get along with! but yeah the drugs claims crippled his career in italy. pescara are **** flying though and could well be back in serie a with him in charge. that would be awesome for him. we're a step up from pescara though but i doubt he would come to the uk.

that rome team is still the stuff of legend here :) it woudl be amazing to get him at VP, he'd get the kids playing some proper football. VP woudl be packed to the rafters, it'd be a rollercoaster but would be ENTERTAINING 100% attacking footy.

And he can bring Marco Verratti with him

ha yeah, quite often suicidal that lecce team!

he got them playing some great footy though, we could offer him one more shot at getting to the top, either as a stepping stone or by him working some miracles ;)

realistically we can offer him a salary that dwarfs what he's on now (20th highest paid manager or so they say) and he could do great things with the squad. not sure what his english is like though but he's already at least bilingual...

even though he didn't win anything, most roma fans my age speak about him like he's some sort of mythical football god :) they go all misty eyed in a way that they don't with capello or spalletti.

And he can bring Marco Verratti with him

not seen them much (only the odd highlight here and there) so can't say really, but he's supposed to be what keeps them ticking over from the middle of the park.

herd could turn into that for us with the right coach ;)

ha yeah, quite often suicidal that lecce team!

he got them playing some great footy though, we could offer him one more shot at getting to the top, either as a stepping stone or by him working some miracles ;)

realistically we can offer him a salary that dwarfs what he's on now (20th highest paid manager or so they say) and he could do great things with the squad. not sure what his english is like though but he's already at least bilingual...

even though he didn't win anything, most roma fans my age speak about him like he's some sort of mythical football god :) they go all misty eyed in a way that they don't with capello or spalletti.

I always like'd Capello's 3-4-1-2 style formation when they won the league in 2000 , god that was a class side .

Poyet for me. He has been nothing short of outstanding since he took up coaching, a real bright light in the lower divisions and won the Outstanding Managerial Achievement Award a few months ago. He can back up the coaching skill with the charm and charisma that he has demonstrated too. Granted he does not have that much experience behind him, can certainly none at this level, however if he did we would not be able to get him. I think we should get him before he passes us on the way up with another club.

only 1 manager for me and that is Maradona, entertainment be brilliant

Would not be adverse to that

Would certainly give the whole area a buzz again