Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After Tuesday night, McLeish will definitely leave 'by mutual agreement' this summer, whatever happens.

Randy listens to the fans. It may not seem like it from here because this is a small subset of fan base who have a more polarised view than the vast majority. You only have to see what the mood of the fans inside Villa Park is each game to see that most are more reasonable than who post on here.

Tuesday was the first time the crowd have actually properly voiced their disapproval of McLeish. Lerner heard it, he knows there's no way back now. He still appreciates that it's our club and is doing what he thinks the majority will want.

i think if were were safe 2-3 weeks ago,RL might have gave AM funds & a season.. however randy is no fool,he knows under AM the fans feeling are strong against him,gates are dropping as is the team..aston villa deserves better than the current manager. RL wont be happy with the view of the table/gates/moral etc, i dont think RL can or will risk this manager for another year.

I cant honestly believe so many people on here think that McLeish is going to leave/be sacked.

This will not happen.

After this season, the arse of a chairman and chief exec will decide that this season was a 'transitional' season and we had to regroup after losing Young & Downing.

They honestly think that if we get through this season, next season will be better.

I swear, McLeish is going nowhere.

I think up until Tuesday, you'd have been correct but i just can't see how they can keep him now.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, apologies if it has, but...

In my humble opinion, if Paul Lambert were to take on Villa this summer, theres a more than 50% chance he'd have to drop down a division to do it. Norwich are safe, we are most definitely not.

So, quite obviously, the standard of manager we get in, if Mcleish goes, will be related to the league were in.

Premier League - Paul Lambert.

Championship - Lee Clarke (or someone similar).

Lerner's biggest mistake wasnt appointing Mcleish in the first place, because in theory it "could" have worked out. It was not sacking him when it became utterly apparent too all mere mortals Mcleish was dire at his job, leaving us in a very perilous position both for the present, and the future.

If the worst should happen, I'm near certain that KMac and Sid would get the gig.

They know the players, would be perfect to help the youth/ Academy graduates transition to the first team and - crucially- would probably be the cheapest option too.

K Mac might be the one "manager" in the world who I'd actually like in charge LESS than McLeish.

We were totally and utterly spineless during his brief time in charge.

#1 His nationality (sorry to all the poeple of Scotland), I would not trust a letter from an Nigerian Doctor who just inherited money and a would not trust a Scottish manager.

Ferguson?

Moyes?

Shankly?

Busby?

Stein?

Yep if there's one thing Scotland is shit at, it's producing good football managers. :shock:

#1 His nationality (sorry to all the poeple of Scotland), I would not trust a letter from an Nigerian Doctor who just inherited money and a would not trust a Scottish manager.
f.gif

I don't want him. Here is my reasoning:

I used to like it when we sang 'Martin, give us a wave! Martin, Martin, give us a wave!'

I like the fact that we had the option to chant this to Gerard and Alex... but Paul is a one syllable name and for that reason, we should go for Brendan Rodgers.

It just makes sense.

I used to like it when we sang 'Martin, give us a wave! Martin, Martin, give us a wave!'

I like the fact that we had the option to chant this to Gerard and Alex... but Paul is a one syllable name and for that reason, we should go for Brendan Rodgers.

It just makes sense.

How about 'Lambert, give us a wave.........'

Lambert wouldn't come to us and then have to work under the same conditions as McLeish.

He'd want money to spend, not only from player sales, but extensive funds on top of that and total control.

Not sure he would get that type of committment from our chairman after the O'Neill fiasco.

However if such circumstances were to be made available to a new manager then i'd go for Rafa. He'd clear out the deadwood, command instant respect from the players left and would have a better european scouting network than Lambert. Consequently the transitional period would be shorter under him, no?

It just makes sense.

I think rodgers is going to spurs...And If I think if he had a choice between Villa or spurs, he would choose spurs every time.

Ferguson?

Moyes?

Shankly?

Busby?

Stein?

Yep if there's one thing Scotland is shit at, it's producing good football managers. :shock:

Are you suggesting we sign a dead manager?

Let's just look at the last two months for Lambert, I'm seeing little to get excited about here

Blackburn 2-0 Norwich

Norwich 1-6 Man City

Tottenham 1-2 Norwich

Norwich 2-2 Everton

Fulham 2-1 Norwich

Norwich 2-1 Wolves

Newcastle 1-0 Norwich

Norwich 1-1 Wigan

Stoke 1-0 Norwich

Lambert wouldn't come to us and then have to work under the same conditions as McLeish.

He'd want money to spend, not only from player sales, but extensive funds on top of that and total control.

Not sure he would get that type of committment from our chairman after the O'Neill fiasco.

I think that the chairman knows that money needs to be spent, and has probably joined us in not having the confidence in McLeish to spend any more.

He backed Houllier and McLeish, and he will back the next manager, probably to a larger extent.

The so called 'O'Neill fiasco' was only the handing of too much control to the team manager. That won't happen again, and managers do not expect the level of control that was handed to O'Neill, who was probably surprised himself.

It just makes sense.

How about 'Lambert, give us a wave.........'

Not a fan, I'm afraid! It has to be the forename!

:winkold: