Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

I'm refusing to believe it. I don't want to build my hopes up. He's exactly who I've wanted since before we got McLeish so I'd be over the moon.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's gone up in my estimations now he's proven he can hack this league. Previously I'd been concerned he may not step up.

So I'd take him without a seconds notice now.

But I sincerely doubt it'll happen.

If anything, Rodgers is more of a flash in the pan. Did poor jobs at Watford and Reading, Lambert hasn't failed in any of his jobs.

Why do you think Rodgers did a poor job at Watford? Watford are hardly one of the power-houses of the Championship and he finished mid-table. Admittedly he had a shakey start - but he must have been doing something right for Reading to poach him in the first place.

Additionally, Lambert quite clearly failed in his first job at Livingstone as he resigned after 5 wins in 32 games.

For what it's worth, I think either would be a marked improvement on the dross we have seen this season. I also echo the respect for Martinez. Although I do think Martinez and Rodgers would find instant success harder, which is why Lambert is a slight preference.

Moreover, those who are criticising Coyle via Lambert's record in the lower leagues would do well to note that Coyle made a half-decent effort of things at little old Burnley.

I'm refusing to believe it. I don't want to build my hopes up. He's exactly who I've wanted since before we got McLeish so I'd be over the moon.

erm, why, he's this seasons Owen Coyle

see his results for March/April alone

Yep, let's judge him for his results over 2 months.

I think Rodgers might get found out a little next season as clubs get used to the way Swansea play. They will push forward and press their players much more. If Rodgers really is as good as some think, he'll adjust to this pressure and overcome it. If he does that, then I think he'll be a top boss. I like the way he conducts himself. Would prefer Martinez or Lambert. First choice Lambert.

Yep, let's judge him for his results over 2 months.

Agree, look at those results, all the signs are there for all to see his limitations

**** brilliant you know i never thought about that but what a clever bunch the Villa are,think about it put a B.S rumour around Lambert a couple of weeks before we play them in the last game of the season,even contact his agent,really get the ball rolling without an official approach, looks like we staying up as thats 3 points in the bag for us..........somebody is a genius whoever thought of this :-)

Yup agree with this. He's a fantastic manager and i too wanted him before we went and got McLeish. There'd be such a huge uplift to the club if we did.... it's too good to be true unfortunately.

It's amazing how you just ignore the evidence given in how he's a better manager then Owen Coyle and then continue to repeat the same old bollocks.

Maybe we can strike some kind of deal with him, you let us win on the last day of the season, potentially keeping us in the league and we'll sack MacLeish there and then and give you the job!

To any Norwich fans possibly reading, I'm not saying he would jump ship to come to us.

How about looking at the table and judging him over the whole season?

How about comparing his league position to his squad? Pretty much all of his players are Championship players or worse.

He gets results. he has anywhere he's been.

Lambert is the future. I just really really hope he's part of our future.

It's amazing how you just ignore the evidence given in how he's a better manager then Owen Coyle and then continue to repeat the same old bollocks.

Thanks, I've been copying your style of repetitive horseshite ;-)

How about looking at the table and judging him over the whole season?

How about comparing his league position to his squad? Pretty much all of his players are Championship players or worse.

He gets results. he has anywhere he's been.

Lambert is the future. I just really really hope he's part of our future.

Because that would be too much like hard work.

Better to read back two pages or two matches and then spout shite!