Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Perfect fit for us but until Mcfuckoffu***t has gone I just can't seem to think about "who next"

I just hope somehow we find a win tomorrow and Randy can then say goodbye and good riddance and we can say **** you Mcloser.

The sooner we have a thread welcoming Paul Lambert the better, oh for the happy days again.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Martinez would be a better fit with our current squad, but I wouldn't say no to Lambert.

I really don't rate Martinez - OK he has kept wigan in the PL - but only just - Rodger and Lambert have done more - although they both have to get over second season syndrome

If we do stay up then we'd be mad not to offer him the job.

If he gets offered the job, he'd be mad not to take it.

Big club with current low expectations, he couldn't fail. He would be able to get rid of a lot of dead wood for a lot of money. Supplement that with Randy giving him around £20m on top of any sales and he would have a lot of money to rebuild the squad.

We need to stay up, and it also depends on how much he may take advice from O'Neill. But aside from that, I can't see this not happening.

Lambert would be barking mad to leave Norwich for us.

Have no fear.... Randy's spies have been whispering in the ears of a world class manager, tapping him up as we speak.

I can't say much, but what I can say is Hola Pep.

:bonk:

my absolute first choice to replace mcleish. go get him paul and randy.

alot of the damage could be reversed if he is appointed

like some have siad we are a bigger club with better players just in a false position

In a false position eh? That one again.

I thought people on here had been finally awakened to the facts that we are simply where we are due to having a very poor squad, managed by a very poor manager.

As far as Paul Lambert goes, given the choice between him and McLeish, yes i'd choose Lambert.

However if McLeish is sacked at the end of the season and we are still in the Premiership then i would question whether Lambert was a big enough name to attract the quality needed for our squad and that would be a very big worry for me.

Secondly, i'm not so sure that he is the right manager to get us playing football again in the same way Rodgers, or Martinez would?

So under the right circumstances i don't think Lambert would be the right appointment for our club.

like some have siad we are a bigger club with better players just in a false position

I thought people on here had been finally awakened to the facts that we are simply where we are due to having a very poor squad, managed by a very poor manager.

As far as Paul Lambert goes, given the choice between him and McLeish, yes i'd choose Lambert.

However if McLeish is sacked at the end of the season and we are still in the Premiership then i would question whether Lambert was a big enough name to attract the quality needed for our squad and that would be a very big worry for me.

Secondly, i'm not so sure that he is the right manager to get us playing football again in the same way Rodgers, or Martinez would?

So under the right circumstances i don't think Lambert would be the right appointment for our club.

Champions League winner Paul Lambert, who is getting progressively better with every managerial job he has, is not "name" enough? Even if you stay up, the players aren't going to be lining up outside Villa park to join a club that's almost been relegated and is in a bit of disarray. You could do a lot worse.

I agree with you that if it's McLeish/Lambert - Lambert wins.

However I think there is a problem with your argument.

You say that Lambert isn't big enough to attract the quality needed - whereas you mention both Martinez and Rodgers, who don't attract the "quality".

Take Rodgers for instance - there's not really a "big name" in Swansea's team. Yet, I'd take their squad and their style of football over ours at the moment. So whilst Lambert may not be be 'big enough' - it doesn't particularly matter if we're looking for a (let's face it) cheaper team, that would be able to string some passes together, and hopefully muster more than one shot a game.

Quality doesn't necessarily mean a big name/media status/£Ms.

Lambert might not be the big name that will take us all the way into the CL places but we need to build the club and squad back to one that's together, committed and has an onus on attacking football before we can hope to attract any stellar talent.

Lambert can do do this and may even overachieve a la Pardew. No appointment is guranteed 100%, look at AVB who every back pages wet dream 12 months ago and RDM was was sacked from the baggies so big names aren't everything.

If we go down i'd take Lambert in a heartbeat (but we'd be forced to offer McLeish-type money for him to accept, so not likelly)

If and this is a big IF we stay up i hope we go for someone else.

Lambert has done a great job at Norwich getting a group of mediocre minor league players to overperform during consecutive seasons and im sure he'd do ok here to.

But is this were you se Aston Villa now? Having to scout the minor leagues and Scotland to find players that are willing to play for us. To be honest there is'nt one player in Norwich that id like us to sign other than maybe as a cheap backup.

Unless our owner (hopefully a new one) is willing to pump in some money there's really no point in us even bothering, we might as well just accept a slow death like Nottingham and Leeds. If we are relegated we have 1 possibly 2 years to get back up, after that we are (proud) history and gone.

Im not ready to accept this yet so i refuse to settle for Lambert if we stay up. Same as with players the second year after promotion is always the hardest, lets se if Lambert continues to improve Norwich next season to, then i'd be interested, not now.

Other than that there are 3 more things that makes me hesitate about Lambert.

#1 His nationality (sorry to all the poeple of Scotland), I would not trust a letter from an Nigerian Doctor who just inherited money and a would not trust a Scottish manager.

#2 His coaching staff , ours are dreadful and if he brings his own i don't se any names there who fills me with confidence.

#3 His scouting network and knowledge of players outside the UK. Ours are dreadful and if he brings his own i don't se any names there who fills me with confidence. I might be wrong here seeing as he played in Dortmund 1 season but looking at his Norwich team it's largely UK players and i don't see that working if we wan't to improve without spending silly money.

For me Lambert is a huge gamble that might very well work out, but if we're going to gamble i'd rather we gambled on someone from mainland Europe.

If we go down i'd take Lambert in a heartbeat (but we'd be forced to offer McLeish-type money for him to accept, so not likelly)

If and this is a big IF we stay up i hope we go for someone else.

Lambert has done a great job at Norwich getting a group of mediocre minor league players to overperform during consecutive seasons and im sure he'd do ok here to.

But is this were you se Aston Villa now? Having to scout the minor leagues and Scotland to find players that are willing to play for us. To be honest there is'nt one player in Norwich that id like us to sign other than maybe as a cheap backup.

Unless our owner (hopefully a new one) is willing to pump in some money there's really no point in us even bothering, we might as well just accept a slow death like Nottingham and Leeds. If we are relegated we have 1 possibly 2 years to get back up, after that we are (proud) history and gone.

Im not ready to accept this yet so i refuse to settle for Lambert if we stay up. Same as with players the second year after promotion is always the hardest, lets se if Lambert continues to improve Norwich next season to, then i'd be interested, not now.

Other than that there are 3 more things that makes me hesitate about Lambert.

#1 His nationality (sorry to all the poeple of Scotland), I would not trust a letter from an Nigerian Doctor who just inherited money and a would not trust a Scottish manager.

#2 His coaching staff , ours are dreadful and if he brings his own i don't se any names there who fills me with confidence.

#3 His scouting network and knowledge of players outside the UK. Ours are dreadful and if he brings his own i don't se any names there who fills me with confidence. I might be wrong here seeing as he played in Dortmund 1 season but looking at his Norwich team it's largely UK players and i don't see that working if we wan't to improve without spending silly money.

For me Lambert is a huge gamble that might very well work out, but if we're going to gamble i'd rather we gambled on someone from mainland Europe.

Fergie?