Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lambert wouldn't come to us and then have to work under the same conditions as McLeish.

He'd want money to spend, not only from player sales, but extensive funds on top of that and total control.

Not sure he would get that type of committment from our chairman after the O'Neill fiasco.

I think that the chairman knows that money needs to be spent, and has probably joined us in not having the confidence in McLeish to spend any more.

He backed Houllier and McLeish, and he will back the next manager, probably to a larger extent.

The so called 'O'Neill fiasco' was only the handing of too much control to the team manager. That won't happen again, and managers do not expect the level of control that was handed to O'Neill, who was probably surprised himself.

Actually disagree with your last point. O'Neill is one of a small number of managers who would have insisted on that type of control before joining us and he certainly wouldn't have been surprised to get it.

Lambert's stock is rising fast and he might already have that type of control at Norwich?

I'm refusing to believe it. I don't want to build my hopes up. He's exactly who I've wanted since before we got McLeish so I'd be over the moon.

erm, why, he's this seasons Owen Coyle

see his results for March/April alone

How can you call him this season's Owen Coyle when you've yet to see how he performs next season?

Lambert is a great manager. I see a lot of Norwich with my best friend being a supporter and all Norwich fans love him. He is attack minded, takes gambles and is the sort of manager who throws on extra strikers when drawing. He mixes his football up and plays long and short, with different formations based on the opposition.

I'd love Lambert to come here, we'll need to stay up though. Theree are a number of good managers out there at the minute, if we can attract them.

I'm refusing to believe it. I don't want to build my hopes up. He's exactly who I've wanted since before we got McLeish so I'd be over the moon.

erm, why, he's this seasons Owen Coyle

see his results for March/April alone

It's amazing how you just ignore the evidence given in how he's a better manager then Owen Coyle and then continue to repeat the same old bollocks.

Thanks, I've been copying your style of repetitive horseshite ;-)

1328280996.png

Him or Adkins for me, but I refuse to get my hopes up just yet over the next manager, I o believe though that a corner has been turned with Macduff I do think the clock is ticking for him. Any new boss though will require a fortune to correct the mess of the last two years, not sure Lerner will provide the funds needed.

Him or Adkins for me, but I refuse to get my hopes up just yet over the next manager, I o believe though that a corner has been turned with Macduff I do think the clock is ticking for him. Any new boss though will require a fortune to correct the mess of the last two years, not sure Lerner will provide the funds needed.

Im not so sure you know. They will require funds but maybe not the 'fortune' you state.

I look at the team for next season and I see....

---------------------Bent----------------------

Gabby------------Ireland-------------N-zogbia

---------------Herd-----?----------------------

?-------------Clark--------?-------------Lichaj

--------------------Given-----------------------

A couple of shrewd signings. Maybe 1 or 2 big money 7/8m pound players and we will have a decent team again.

We havent got a 17th/18th place squad, more like a 10th place squad. Dont be fooled into thinking we have a poor team just because Mcleish has dumbed down any expectations you might have of ever seeing decent football at Villa again.

A couple of decent signings and the right management/tactics and we will be ok again. We might not be europa league standard yet, but something to build on.

Mcleish Out.

Lambert wouldn't come to us and then have to work under the same conditions as McLeish.

He'd want money to spend, not only from player sales, but extensive funds on top of that and total control.

Not sure he would get that type of committment from our chairman after the O'Neill fiasco.

I think that the chairman knows that money needs to be spent, and has probably joined us in not having the confidence in McLeish to spend any more.

He backed Houllier and McLeish, and he will back the next manager, probably to a larger extent.

The so called 'O'Neill fiasco' was only the handing of too much control to the team manager. That won't happen again, and managers do not expect the level of control that was handed to O'Neill, who was probably surprised himself.

Actually disagree with your last point. O'Neill is one of a small number of managers who would have insisted on that type of control before joining us and he certainly wouldn't have been surprised to get it.

Lambert's stock is rising fast and he might already have that type of control at Norwich?

Norwich could never givecthat type of control to their manager, as they need to keep a tight rein on the purse strings.

O'Neill also does not have such control at Sunderland.

Staying in the Premiership this season is hardly an achievement it's been so dire. All 3 promoted teams look like they will stay up! 13th? Meh!

That said I'm a little uneducated regarding Lambert I've not seen many Norwich matches at all so I'm not writing him off. I am sick of bloody Scottish managers though - why so many of them? We all know Fergie is the only proven decent one.

Pep or Rafa for me but would consider Lambert if we can't get the aforementioned 2.

Staying in the Premiership this season is hardly an achievement it's been so dire. All 3 promoted teams look like they will stay up! 13th? Meh!

That said I'm a little uneducated regarding Lambert I've not seen many Norwich matches at all so I'm not writing him off. I am sick of bloody Scottish managers though - why so many of them? We all know Fergie is the only proven decent one.

Pep or Rafa for me but would consider Lambert if we can't get the aforementioned 2.

We shouldn't be questioning the colour of our lifejacket.

Norwich could never givecthat type of control to their manager, as they need to keep a tight rein on the purse strings.

O'Neill also does not have such control at Sunderland.

How do you know that?