Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

In a false position eh? That one again.

I thought people on here had been finally awakened to the facts that we are simply where we are due to having a very poor squad, managed by a very poor manager.

we are amidtable club but we should not be this low and have only 3 wins at home all season. i blame alex mcleish

lambert is the man to save us i have no doubts about that

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“Speculation about players is something you can never do anything about. That happens. It happens with managers as well and you can’t stop that,” he said. “If my players get linked with other teams there is not a thing I can do about that. It is the same situation about myself. It is extremely unfair with me being linked with Aston Villa when they have got a really good manager up there who is doing everything he can to stay in the league. It is an unfair comment for me to say anything on that.”

Lambo quotes, not denying he is interested in the job.

Indeed. He'd jump at the chance to manage us.

He would jump at the chance to manage us imo. No disrespect meant to Norwich but we are a lot bigger club than they are, with a lot more potential to move upwards. We managed to lure GT Mk1 from fairly high flying Watford down to the 2nd Division when we were in an even bigger mess than we are now, I see similarities in the current scenario.

“Speculation about players is something you can never do anything about. That happens. It happens with managers as well and you can’t stop that,” he said. “If my players get linked with other teams there is not a thing I can do about that. It is the same situation about myself. It is extremely unfair with me being linked with Aston Villa when they have got a really good manager up there who is doing everything he can to stay in the league. It is an unfair comment for me to say anything on that.”

Lambo quotes, not denying he is interested in the job.

Indeed. He'd jump at the chance to manage us.

The fact regardless of the state we're in now, he'll believe he can take us further than Norwich, bigger wage bill, Hopefully bigger budget, ability to attract better players (second city easier to get to than Norwich).

He's already shown throughout his career that if a good opportunity comes up he jumps at the chance. I'm in no doubt if he came here and did a great job he'd soon be off to the likes of Chelsea or Man City. But were in desperate need of a manager who knows what he's doing.

and initially hounded McLeish because he came from our rivals.

Or becaus he was shit... Go ahead, tar us all with the same brush.

Pathetic from a 'fellow' fan.

No, he turned out to be shit.

Just like Pardew, who was shit a couple of years ago, has turned out to be brilliant.

McLeish was a dead man walking. The fact that he lived up to his billing is irrelevant.

Even now, I read stuff on here from people who are revelling in the 'I told you so' moment, regardless of our club's perilous situation.

Now that's pathetic.

Surely all fans are doing by saying "told you so" is re-instating the fact that they had the foresight to see what would happen to us with McLeish as manager? Do you really think that all anti-McLeish fans wanted to go through this season of torture just to say "I told you so"?

I f he should come, it will be yet another year of transition, as he would have to get that awful football style out of the squad first.

As long as there is progress I can take another transition year. Though, not another one like this. I think Lambert could do a good job here. And I'd love for us to take a young up and coming manager. If he's the right man for the job we can build on something here.

I f he should come, it will be yet another year of transition, as he would have to get that awful football style out of the squad first.

Yup you're right, but i'll rather have a year of transition than the free fall we're in now

I think there will be a transition season regardless of who comes in next season (I think McLeish will leave at the end of the season)

my only worry is who comes in, if say for example someone came in who played good football, if I could see progress on the pitch and can see what the manager is trying to do then sure I'll support it 100% even if we finish say 12th.

So anyone watched Norwich this season? How do they play? Passing game, direct, going out for the win etc...?

A mixture between passing and direct I say, focuses a lot on counter attack from the games I saw as well.

No, he turned out to be shit.

Just like Pardew, who was shit a couple of years ago, has turned out to be brilliant.

McLeish was a dead man walking. The fact that he lived up to his billing is irrelevant.

Even now, I read stuff on here from people who are revelling in the 'I told you so' moment, regardless of our club's perilous situation.

Now that's pathetic.

So many people predicted his ineptitude completely ignoring where he came from. He was always rubbish especially in for SHA.

That's a "Come and get me" from Lambert if ever I heard one.

He knows that there is a big chance that Norwich will face a huge struggle next season. This is his moment to progress his career.

An Aston Villa, still in the Premiership (if), with a large amount of the dead wood out of contract, and more money to spend than he would have available to him at Norwich, would present itself as a decent opportunity for a couple of years.

that was always going to happen. you cant hire a blues manger to be a villa manger its too unsettling. there is a hardcore of our fan base that HATE blues and anything to do with them.

It was a stupid appointment by Lerner and just showed how out of touch with the english game he is more importantly how out of touch with villa fans he was.

Assuming this gathers pace over the next few weeks. How awkward will it be for him to face the team he might be managing and potentially relegate them with a win. Will he put Grant Holt in goal? Maybe :)

that was always going to happen. you cant hire a blues manger to be a villa manger its too unsettling. there is a hardcore of our fan base that HATE blues and anything to do with them.

It was a stupid appointment by Lerner and just showed how out of touch with the english game he is more importantly how out of touch with villa fans he was.

He did relegate them. Twice. And people who say he got them promoted can **** off, I think anybody with the squad Blues had in the championship at that time could piss that mickey mouse league.

I think Lambert would be a suitable replacement for our current situation. Norwich have had a positive season, only 5 points off 7th. It all depends on where we are left come May though obviously...

It **** annoys me that the press still think it's because he came to us from . Do they think he is some sort of Mourinho/Guardiola hybrid?

If we were trying to obtain a good manager I wouldn't give a **** where he was coming from. If the club were pursuing one of the worst managers to ever grace the league, it's understandable we don't want the word removed anywhere near the club.

Do these spackers in the press really believe we would have given a manager from Birmingham the same reception if he was good? If Paul Lambert was Blues manager and had taken them from mid table league one to mid table premier league in just two years would we have protested against him? **** no!

All we wanted/want now was a good manger to take is forward. I'd be prepared to give Lambert a chance to do that...